The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Volpatti put on waivers by Canucks, McGrattan clears

elvis15

LOL people really have no idea who Pinnizotto is if they are calling him a plug.

The guy has never had a shot in the NHL. He put up great numbers in the AHL, won a Calder Cup, a decent fighter, hitter and impressed in his preseason here in 2011.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Aaron Volpatti on waivers for 2 reasons. 1. Get him icetime. 2. Open roster spot for Steve Pinizzotto, coming off injured non-roster status.

Pinizzotto has 327 PIMs in last 154 games over past 3 seasons in the AHL, Sounds like he plays a pretty hard game.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Once Pinizzotto is officially on VAN roster (after Volpatti clears or is claimed) SP can be sent to Chicago (AHL) for conditioning stint.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

#canucks need roster spot, Weise kills penalties+Volpatti doesn't. VAN didn't want to expose a d-man on waivers. Reasons for decision.

Volpatti isn't and was never the problem....Hello GM and AV???? Is anybody home? How about a dense 4th line who is stuck in their own defensive zone for 6 minutes a game (against other 3rd or 4th lines), cannot produce any offensive production...

How about no 2nd or 3rd line???

Bring up Ebbett again and this team has truly no remedy for it's long time issue of chemistry and balanced attack.

i dont get it. so pinni has to report to the canucks? why cant he just report to chicago after injury then call him up if he's playing good after a little conditioning down there. It wouldnt make much sense to waive volpatti now, we could have an injury from now untill pinnizotto is up to speed in the minors

is that mackenzie speculating or the actual plan we have to follow?

Unfortunately I think Volpatti is a good enough grinding depth forward that he could be claimed, I hope not.

There is plenty of time between now and the next game so this could all really just be about icetime for Volpatti, nothing else.

However if a trade was in the works, it has been suggested one may come down during a break in the schedule which we find ourselves in right now.

Bummer I am a big fan of the guy and he's a BC boy we need more local players especially bangers. He has more hits than Lappy per minute played too and there solid hits. He's shown some pretty good hands too. I hope he clears I'd rather waive Weise but maybe Weise would be more likely to be picked up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCKWIp1LLvY

you guys act as if volpatti is chuck liddell and weise is steve urkel. I agree volpatti has a bit of an edge but not much, either guy could win the fight. Just depends on how the initial grab goes but it would probably be fairly even. i have yet to see weise come in to a fight with his hands down and that is the only way patti has knocked a guy out.

Weise has held his own in every fight this year, he's lost some but not by much. like a punch or 2 more landed

Archived