#121 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Andrew Ebbett to the rescue!

Seriously Gillis, we don't have the center depth we need. We can't just band-aid this problem over. We need a center that can fill in full time for Kesler if he struggles or is injured again.

Is that Bozak deal still on the table?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#122 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

We can't have a $5 million player stepping in front of every shot trying to block them. There is a reason the Sedins are so durable. They play smart and don't put their bodies in the way of unnecessary harm. Part of it is luck obviously. Kesler can't control everything that happens on the ice. But certainly he doesn't have to tempt fate.

This just comes down to bad-luck.

But he has to do what makes him a successful player, and blocking the odd shot is part of what makes him a successful player.

#123 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,056 posts

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks
AV: "Ebbett will likely slot in for Kesler."

Oh god why

Posted Image

#124 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

The window is shut on this group, starting to think it's time to blow it up and start over.

We need to filter out people like you off this place. Really.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#125 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

no you give your head shake, if you think this team is still a contender based on how they have played.

Way to evaluate a good sample size :rolleyes:

#126 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think so too, their window has come and gone...don't need a entire blow up but gotta change this team up now.

Well it's going to be a while before they're a contender again, it's time for the new wave of young guys (Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev, Jensen, Lack, etc.) to make an impact. The Sedins won't be around forever and Kesler isn't going to be able to be much more than a third line center if he keeps getting injured, and I'd consider that questionable. Then we have our goaltending situation. Luongo is too old to fit in with that group, but Schneider hasn't shown any ability to take over as the starter this season. It's all just one colossal mess.
Posted Image

#127 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

I think so too, their window has come and gone...don't need a entire blow up but gotta change this team up now.

the window is just fine, the team looks complacent and who can really blame them when they will waltz to the division title again this season like the past 3-4. We have all said for awhile now this team will be judged on the playoffs lets see how they do, it will be a clear sign of where we are at.

#128 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,460 posts

We can't have a $5 million player stepping in front of every shot trying to block them. There is a reason the Sedins are so durable. They play smart and don't put their bodies in the way of unnecessary harm. Part of it is luck obviously. Kesler can't control everything that happens on the ice. But certainly he doesn't have to tempt fate.

She has a point. Apparently, so far this season Daniel's only blocked 1 shot in 19 games. Hank has blocked 3 in 19 games. Kes has blocked 7 in as many games. Weise is the only foreward who's blocked more shots than Kes (10). (Source)
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#129 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Way to evaluate a good sample size :rolleyes:

Last season and 20 games this season? Include the playoffs and that's over 100 games. Their best chance was 2011 and the Canucks won't be a cup contender until the next generation of players takes over. Let Jensen, Kassian, etc. play and show what they can do, this season is a write-off IMO.
Posted Image

#130 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,939 posts

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
AV: "Ebbett will likely slot in for Kesler."

Someone tell Gillis there's this guy named Ryan O'Reilly who still doesn't have a contract.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#131 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,218 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Pack it up, pack it in
Let me begin
I came to win
Battle me that's a sin
I won't tear the sack up
Punk you'd better back up
Try and play the role and the whole crew will act up
Get up, stand up, come on!
Come on, throw your hands up
If you've got the feeling jump across the ceiling
Muggs is a funk fest, someone's talking junk
Yo, I'll bust em in the eye
And then I'll take the punks home
Feel it, funk it
Amps it are junking
And I got more rhymes than there's cops that are dunking
Donuts shop
Sure 'nuff I got props from the kids on the Hill
Plus my mom and my pops

[Chorus]

I came to get down [2x]
So get out your seats and jump around
Jump around [3x]
Jump up Jump up and get down.
Jump

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#132 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

This is what happens when you trade a center and dont replace them.

Im on board for ROR, wonder if we could get him for some quality picks + prospects? whats his contract situation?

#133 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Last season and 20 games this season? Include the playoffs and that's over 100 games. Their best chance was 2011 and the Canucks won't be a cup contender until the next generation of players takes over. Let Jensen, Kassian, etc. play and show what they can do, this season is a write-off IMO.

So last year was a reason to blow up the team? Please, please, please, cheer for another team.

#134 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well it's going to be a while before they're a contender again, it's time for the new wave of young guys (Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev, Jensen, Lack, etc.) to make an impact. The Sedins won't be around forever and Kesler isn't going to be able to be much more than a third line center if he keeps getting injured, and I'd consider that questionable. Then we have our goaltending situation. Luongo is too old to fit in with that group, but Schneider hasn't shown any ability to take over as the starter this season. It's all just one colossal mess.

go look at calgary THAT is a colossal mess, the canucks are an above average team, still a stanley cup contender but they arent the class of the league anymore is that so bad?

#135 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Generally when the Canucks are playing poorly or have some injury issues I try to remain cool, calm and collected and not post panic-stricken, doom and gloom stories, but in this case...... :frantic:
Posted Image

#136 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,663 posts

Some of you guys are hilarious. It's funny to think about how you deal with problems in your day to day lives. :lol:

One little thing goes wrong, OH NO I'VE GOTTA CHANGE MY WHOLE LIFE!

Seriously, how many times do people have to go through this panic routine before they learn. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems. If it's so hard to cheer for this team, then don't. But it could be alot worse you know.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#137 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

I think we'll likely see a trade or signing much sooner than we think
Posted Image

#138 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

sami salo 2.0 lol...and now ebbet replacing Kesler, what a joke! this team is going nowhere!

#139 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

We need to filter out people like you off this place. Really.

Why, because I'm not singing songs and blindly thinking that a light will just go off and make everything fine? I love this team, but I don't have any faith in the coaching staff and I'm losing faith in both management and the players themselves. It's hard to get excited about anything they've done lately.
Posted Image

#140 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

This isn't such a bad thing. I thought we were playing better before Kesler and Booth returned. Let's see that speed line again for a bit and see if things turn around. Won't miss the "embellishment" either.

#141 greetingsfrombrazil

greetingsfrombrazil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

He didn't block a lot of shots, I think it was 5 in his last 4 games. But he is a penalty killer, it's his job in these situations to block shots. I remember last year when Henrik took a shot right in the ankle, he could have been injured really bad, but he was playing in the next game. Girardi blocked a shot off his foot when losing to the Canadiens 3-0 in the dying seconds, but also played next game. Kesler had bad luck.

#142 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Geeesh!!!!

4-6 weeks means he will miss 20 games.

I would rather move Burrows to center and Kassian with the twins than see Ebbett play and Volpatti sent down. Also Higgins and Raymond are better options IMO.

#143 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

go look at calgary THAT is a colossal mess, the canucks are an above average team, still a stanley cup contender but they arent the class of the league anymore is that so bad?

Please, explain to me how "above average" is equal to being a Stanley Cup contender.
Posted Image

#144 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Offer sheet/trade for Ryan O'Reilly?

And our cap if it's an offer sheet? Who would you trade for O'Reilly that wouldn't leave holes elsewhere in our lineup?

If we had signed Brule weeks ago when Kes was first injured at least we'd have options now.

There is no one in the system other than Ebbett that has a reasonable chance at playing centre in the NHL. That's brutal, especially when considering the management had reservations about Manny to begin with. There should have been another bullet in the chamber.

Right now, it's Ebbett or trade. That's a pretty crappy position to be in.

I did mention a few others, even if it's a stop gap solution. Pinizzotto can play center but is just coming back from injury, Mallet, Friesen and Stefan Schneider our the options from the Wolves, and we could look at a UFA beyond Ebbett. Not great options, granted, but maybe a good stopgap until something else can be done.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#145 Kack Zassian

Kack Zassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

sami salo 2.0 lol...and now ebbet replacing Kesler, what a joke! this team is going nowhere!

Its 4 weeks without Kesler... well be fine...

#146 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Why does cdc have so many dumb Canuck fan?

Ebbet is not replacing Kesler. Because he's injured, Ebbet will take that open roster spot, but we all know, Schroeders ice time will shoot up, technically speaking Schroeder is going to be replacing him, but Ebbet is just filling in for the open Roster. Bunch of dumb asses. I think we will be fine without Kesler. Our team is really not the same, we need a guy like Kesler, call him a diver or not. We need him. Tread deadline is also just 5 weeks away!. Wow

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#147 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

So last year was a reason to blow up the team? Please, please, please, cheer for another team.

I've cheered for this team my entire life, I think I'll stay put. I don't have to think everything is perfectly fine to be a fan of the team. I think it's time for a fresh start, you guys don't have to agree with me but I don't have to cheer for another team because of that.
Posted Image

#148 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yes, we should write it off sitting in first place in our division and 3rd in the West. Really a reactionary and full retard post.

I don't disagree with letting Kassian play more and potentially Jensen before years' end though.
Posted Image

#149 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Its 4 weeks without Kesler... well be fine...

That's over half of the remaining season dude. And it's four to six weeks... Likely the latter

#150 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Kesler gets rest, comes back for a tune-up last two weeks, and is a beast in the playoffs.

We win the division by default, anyway, and get the 3 seed. (Don't most whiners say they don't care about the President's trophy, anyway?)

It's all good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.