The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Its time Lappy moved on!

garthsbutcher

Im just not seeing what he brings to the table any more. There is zero offensive upside at this point, the hits are soft at best and dont get me started on losing a fight to Vernon Fiddler. Please just go get Konopka who can actually win some draws, fight and has atleast the same limited offensive upside.

Lappy had a bad game last night in the defensive zone, but that's just one game. I'll give you that stupid, useless fight in the Dallas game, but he was hardly alone on that crappy night.

All in all, Lappy's awesome on the PK, grinds with the best of them, and has a smirk that apparently makes other players lose their *&^%. And so far this season he has 4 points, including 1 goal, and is a +2 (tying him for 7th on our team for +/-). Oh, and he's won 51.4% of face offs. (Other than the face off god Manny, only Kesler has done better at 53.8%.) What else do you want from hiim?

He's one of our best players in the playoffs, there's no point in him going and laying people out, barely anyone else on our team finishes their checks besides Booth.

I'm really disappointed in Kassians physical play.

I don't get MG, Lappy sucks at fighting so he waives Volpatti our only guy who's good at fighting and hitting consistently and were stuck with Weise who loses every single fight. I don't care if he has a bit more skill then Volpatti we're a soft team.

Lappy had a bad game last night in the defensive zone, but that's just one game. I'll give you that stupid, useless fight in the Dallas game, but he was hardly alone on that crappy night.

All in all, Lappy's awesome on the PK, grinds with the best of them, and has a smirk that apparently makes other players lose their *&^%. And so far this season he has 4 points, including 1 goal, and is a +2 (tying him for 7th on our team for +/-). Oh, and he's won 51.4% of face offs. (Other than the face off god Manny, only Kesler has done better at 53.8%.) What else do you want from hiim?

Im just not seeing what he brings to the table any more. There is zero offensive upside at this point, the hits are soft at best and dont get me started on losing a fight to Vernon Fiddler. Please just go get Konopka who can actually win some draws, fight and has atleast the same limited offensive upside.

Archived