Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

How deep will we go?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: (78 member(s) have cast votes)

How will the Canucks finish up the season?

1. Miss playoffs (5 votes [6.41%])

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

2. Beaten Conference quarterfinalist (24 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. Beaten Conference semifinalist (23 votes [29.49%])

Percentage of vote: 29.49%

4. Beaten Conference finalist (7 votes [8.97%])

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

5. Beaten Cup finalist (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Cup winner (19 votes [24.36%])

Percentage of vote: 24.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

A variation on a theme with the "Will we win the Cup" thread...

We aren't playing our best hockey at the moment, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we have one of the most talented teams in the League.

Due to an incredibly weak NW division, I think it's pretty safe to say that we'll make the playoffs this year. I'm interested in gauging how far other fans think we'll go, and why.

While the playoffs very much depend on who you play (Phoenix->Nashvill->Dallas->Toronto = Heaven; Detroit->Anaheim->Chicago->Boston = Hell), we can generally say what we are expecting to happen.

I think we'll go out in the second round. We are probably going to be just that bit better than whoever we face first, but there appears to be a lack of determination and coherence (and most worryingly for playoff hockey: consistency) about the team. There has never been a sense of injustice and craving to right the wrongs of 2011, which I don't really understand. (Don't get me wrong, I would love nothing more than to see Henrik hoist the mug after a 16-0 playoff run, but I just don't see it.)

Thoughts?

#2 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,184 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Ask me after the trade deadline.

307mg00.jpg

#3 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

dontforgettolentil.png

#4 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,256 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

As of right now, I voted that we'll likely be beat in the second round. But, if MG makes some changes, you never know.

#6 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

balls deep

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

As deep as Kesler can dive

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#9 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

past the first round with the way things are but if this team plays to its potential and stops under performing we can go deep

#10 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

this team is like a jigsaw puzzle in the box...all the pieces are there...just no clear picture of what they can be.

#11 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

out in the first round, wouldn't make the playoffs if 4 of the 5 worst teams in the conference weren't in the northwest division.

#12 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

this team is like a jigsaw puzzle in the box...all the pieces are there...just no clear picture of what they can be.

Just need a new coach to put the pieces together in the right way.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#13 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,675 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

hoping our team can turn it around like we did in 2009. you guys remember that season?

Started out very bad. Luongo got hurt, we were 20 points behind Calgary Flames for division title. Carolina came in, Alex Burrows scores the game winner on a short handed goal, the team from then on, went on a killer streak, and took the division title on the last game of the season.

I think we can still rebound. We have a lot of potential to do great things. The roster is there. We are playing so bad right now, i can't see it getting any worst. Also I can't see us losing in the first round again. That being said, if Minnesota somehow takes the division from us, we finish in the 7 or 8th spot, I am expecting us to get beaten in the 1st round. also depends which goalie shows up too. If we get the 2007 of Luongo we good. If we get the 2009 version of Luongo we screwed.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#14 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

3 people so far are delusional

#15 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I think we'll player a team lower than us in the standings and we will win like we usually do and then lose in the 2nd round to a team that is better than us like we usually do. Until I see our guys with a comparable compete level to that of Chicago I don't think there is any chance of us going deep in the post season. So far this year our guys seem like they are stuck in 2nd gear.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#16 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Out in the first round. We'll make the playoffs simply because our division is so horrible, but teams will come at the Canucks with an aggressive forecheck and we'll have to watch them fall apart once again. Boston did it, LA did it, and now every team is doing it to the Canucks.
Posted Image

#17 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

In my opinion, I don't think we can predict anything just yet.
The Canucks have not gotten going at all yet and we could still potentially gain an asset from a goalie trade at the deadline.
Posted Image

#18 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

The Canucks are playing predictable hockey and other teams are onto it now. Since the 2011 Cup run, Gillis has made very little improvements to the team. At this point David Booth and Jason Garrison can't be considered improvements, although Garrison should be given the benefit of the doubt.

The defence is the most glaring issue facing this team. They are, on paper, one of the best bluelines in the league. However in reality, they are one of the most porous. Signing Edler to a six year deal complete with a NTC was a mistake as he is proving once again to be the most inconsistent player on the team and once again is horrible in his own end.

I can't see this team going very far with the present roster or coach. Vigneaults tactics and message has gone stale with this team and frankly he is far too predictable with his plays, and far too eratic with his line juggling to get this team very far anymore.

Hopefully Gillis can make a move by the trade deadline that clearly improves this team and not just do another reclamation project like Cam Barker. Also the man needs to stop signing No Trade Clauses for players like Edler.

Either way, unless the Canucks go deep, I expect a partial rebuild in the summer.
Posted Image

#19 Airjasper

Airjasper

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Posting this at any point before close to the end of the season is pointless...Especially with how this forum is...Ask this poll when we are on a 6 game winning streak and we are guaranteed to win the cup. Ask this when times have been a little tough and we are doomed!

#20 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Until changes are made: out in 1st or 2nd.

zackass.png

#21 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,554 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Posting this at any point before close to the end of the season is pointless...Especially with how this forum is...Ask this poll when we are on a 6 game winning streak and we are guaranteed to win the cup. Ask this when times have been a little tough and we are doomed!

The poll asks "based on how things are now". I take this to mean 1/3 of the way into the season, based on what we have seen to-date, how deep do you think the Nucks will go.

It becomes a different question at the trade deadline or near to the playoffs but that's not what the OP is asking.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 27 February 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#22 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Depends on how they're gonna play. Change up the game plan, or we'll be out in the first. Mix it up, and we could go all the way.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#23 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Right at this moment I would say a first or maybe second round exit.

But things can obviously(and hopefully will) change.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#24 BurrsArrows

BurrsArrows

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

out in semi's vs blues

#25 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

You guys kidding right? Our year is now! Go nux!!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#26 Pavel_Bure 10

Pavel_Bure 10

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

#27 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

^^^
this.

out in the first round, wouldn't make the playoffs if 4 of the 5 worst teams in the conference weren't in the northwest division.

real talk

The Canucks are playing predictable hockey and other teams are onto it now. Since the 2011 Cup run, Gillis has made very little improvements to the team. At this point David Booth and Jason Garrison can't be considered improvements, although Garrison should be given the benefit of the doubt.

The defence is the most glaring issue facing this team. They are, on paper, one of the best bluelines in the league. However in reality, they are one of the most porous. Signing Edler to a six year deal complete with a NTC was a mistake as he is proving once again to be the most inconsistent player on the team and once again is horrible in his own end.

I can't see this team going very far with the present roster or coach. Vigneaults tactics and message has gone stale with this team and frankly he is far too predictable with his plays, and far too eratic with his line juggling to get this team very far anymore.

Hopefully Gillis can make a move by the trade deadline that clearly improves this team and not just do another reclamation project like Cam Barker. Also the man needs to stop signing No Trade Clauses for players like Edler.

Either way, unless the Canucks go deep, I expect a partial rebuild in the summer.

Edler been in pylon mode. Like he's been doing bong rips all day.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#28 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,717 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

I would love to play Toronto in the finals.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#29 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

I don't know there's still 30 games left in the season....? Every team has ruff stretches throughout the season
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#30 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

It's funny how this thread gets play but when there's a thread that actually criticizes GMMG it gets locked ASAP.

FUN TIMES @ CDC
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.