The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider: Quote of the day on NHL.com

'NucK™

Screen_Shot_2013_02_27_at_2_18_19_PM.png

interesting that they posted this on NHL.com

personally I feel schneids is being a bit over familiar, but i guess it's good he is admitting his average play.

who do you guys think starts against LA? its a back to back so id say go with Lu and and give Calgary to schneids.. for whatever reason starting him against LA seems like a bad idea

id give it back to Schneider

we need to get him going , its going to really suck if luo gets traded and cory still has to talk about stepping his game up because he hasnt had enough games in a row to get into a groove

im sure the coaching staff recognizes this , at least i hope they do

It is refreshing to see a canuck take some responsibilty for his lackluster effort on the ice. I think schenids should get the start next game and if van wins then start him again against the fLames. They need to play schenids more if he really suppose to be our starter and yeah that trade deadline is approching some changes need to be made! I think this situation is starting to get to both goalies, and possibly the rest of the team. Trade a goalie already! We need D and another C that can back up kes (maybe move him to the wing when he is healthy)

It is refreshing to see a canuck take some responsibilty for his lackluster effort on the ice. I think schenids should get the start next game and if van wins then start him again against the fLames. They need to play schenids more if he really suppose to be our starter and yeah that trade deadline is approching some changes need to be made! I think this situation is starting to get to both goalies, and possibly the rest of the team. Trade a goalie already! We need D and another C that can back up kes (maybe move him to the wing when he is healthy)

@ clutch (cell won't let me quote)We need D because or something needs to be done with our current D because all of them (except Tanev) look lost out there! They are just brutal! I am not sure what else can be done to help get the D clicking other then a shake up (trade package with a goalie)?

Poor Schneids. I love the emotion though. It beats what all the Canuck players say: "oh yeah we need to be better. we have a good group and there are no excuses" (repeat).

Put him in next game. Stop with this one bad game then switch routine, for f***'s sake. It essentially shows no trust in your goalie when you do that.

1) I find it incredibly encouraging that he realizes he's playing average. Being a former goalie I can attest to how realizing your own faults is the first step to correcting them. I hope he spends lots of time with his goalie coach refining his game. When he's on his game I'd argue that he is the best in the league.

2) I agree with the changing after a bad game is a bad idea mentality. Look at the Leafs last year. They start to slump, rather than building up his goalies Ron Wilson pitted them against one another. That turned out the way it should have, piss poorly. You need to encourage your goalies, help them build up their confidence. The second you take away their confidence, you lose EVERY game. Vigneault oughta know better.

3) We need Bieksa, Hammy back. Give Edler, Garrison some time (Think how long Edler played with Salo, they had YEARS to build chemistry). Tanev, Ballard's workin in my mind.

4) We need confidence. Stop changing up the lines, stop flip floppin the goalies and we're gonna do good. and for cryin out loud Kesler...STOP GETTING INJURED!!!! We need the Beast! :)

Glad to see someone on this team owning up to their average play but in all honesty the rest of the team has been playing just as "average", if not worse. When you give the other team that many opportunities and just let players walk in, it makes it incredibly difficult to keep the GAA under 2. Just like last game schneids made numerous huge saves to bail out the team but you can't win games when your team is making that many mistakes and not putting the puck in the net at the other end...

Archived