'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

interesting that they posted this on NHL.com
personally I feel schneids is being a bit over familiar, but i guess it's good he is admitting his average play.
who do you guys think starts against LA? its a back to back so id say go with Lu and and give Calgary to schneids.. for whatever reason starting him against LA seems like a bad idea
Posted Image

#2 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

id give it back to Schneider

we need to get him going , its going to really suck if luo gets traded and cory still has to talk about stepping his game up because he hasnt had enough games in a row to get into a groove

im sure the coaching staff recognizes this , at least i hope they do

Edited by cIutch, 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Posted Image

#3 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

It is refreshing to see a canuck take some responsibilty for his lackluster effort on the ice. I think schenids should get the start next game and if van wins then start him again against the fLames. They need to play schenids more if he really suppose to be our starter and yeah that trade deadline is approching some changes need to be made! I think this situation is starting to get to both goalies, and possibly the rest of the team. Trade a goalie already! We need D and another C that can back up kes (maybe move him to the wing when he is healthy)

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#4 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

It is refreshing to see a canuck take some responsibilty for his lackluster effort on the ice. I think schenids should get the start next game and if van wins then start him again against the fLames. They need to play schenids more if he really suppose to be our starter and yeah that trade deadline is approching some changes need to be made! I think this situation is starting to get to both goalies, and possibly the rest of the team. Trade a goalie already! We need D and another C that can back up kes (maybe move him to the wing when he is healthy)

we dont need D

but we do need a center
Posted Image

#5 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

we don't need to get Schneider going, we need to win games. and aside from that mess in Detroit Luongo has been far better the last few games. Schneider hasn't given up less than 3 goals in his last 4 starts

#6 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

@ clutch (cell won't let me quote)We need D because or something needs to be done with our current D because all of them (except Tanev) look lost out there! They are just brutal! I am not sure what else can be done to help get the D clicking other then a shake up (trade package with a goalie)?

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#7 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

That's weird... and here I was told everything was AVs fault.
Posted Image

#8 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

@ clutch (cell won't let me quote)We need D because or something needs to be done with our current D because all of them (except Tanev) look lost out there! They are just brutal!

i just dont think bringing in a new player is going to make our d tighten up , there just going to look worse till they all start to mesh and get there chemistry going , same thing our guys are doing now
Posted Image

#9 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

POPULAR

class act. No goalies in the NHL is class enough to call himself out. Schneider is a true character.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#10 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Poor Schneids. I love the emotion though. It beats what all the Canuck players say: "oh yeah we need to be better. we have a good group and there are no excuses" (repeat).

Put him in next game. Stop with this one bad game then switch routine, for f***'s sake. It essentially shows no trust in your goalie when you do that.

#11 Echophox

Echophox

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

1) I find it incredibly encouraging that he realizes he's playing average. Being a former goalie I can attest to how realizing your own faults is the first step to correcting them. I hope he spends lots of time with his goalie coach refining his game. When he's on his game I'd argue that he is the best in the league.

2) I agree with the changing after a bad game is a bad idea mentality. Look at the Leafs last year. They start to slump, rather than building up his goalies Ron Wilson pitted them against one another. That turned out the way it should have, piss poorly. You need to encourage your goalies, help them build up their confidence. The second you take away their confidence, you lose EVERY game. Vigneault oughta know better.

3) We need Bieksa, Hammy back. Give Edler, Garrison some time (Think how long Edler played with Salo, they had YEARS to build chemistry). Tanev, Ballard's workin in my mind.

4) We need confidence. Stop changing up the lines, stop flip floppin the goalies and we're gonna do good. and for cryin out loud Kesler...STOP GETTING INJURED!!!! We need the Beast! :)
You see me drivin' round town for the team I love and I'm like CANUCKS RULE! Roo-ooo-ool!Posted Image

#12 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

This goalie mess is screwing with the guys head. Solve it NOW GILLIS!

#13 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,586 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I say we go back to Lu. Alternate until one of them gets hot.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#14 Echophox

Echophox

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

This goalie mess is screwing with the guys head. Solve it NOW GILLIS!

That's the other thing. Think about being Schneider, the organization says you're #1. But the old #1, who's still being payed MILLIONS of dollars, is just sitting on the bench getting chilly waiting for a trade. You make one mistake and he's going to take over, and probably do a decent job of it. Schneider is a fantastic goalie, but that kinda of pressure isn't fair. Take Luongo out of the equation, and I'd bet he improves ten fold. While the fans are loyal to Luongo, any time Schneids get's pulled it's gotta be really tough when everyone's showing that loyalty to Luongo by yelling LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. something needs to be done, and asap.
You see me drivin' round town for the team I love and I'm like CANUCKS RULE! Roo-ooo-ool!Posted Image

#15 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Start Cory.

zackass.png

#16 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Bench Cory.

Make him suffer for his average play. He'll come back stronger than ever before when he gets the nod again.

(I've said that before though about him, and well.. Wasn't really pleased with the results but yeah)

Posted Image

#17 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Schneider nailed it. He hasn't been playing bad, just average. The rest of the team has been worse.

#18 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Glad to see someone on this team owning up to their average play but in all honesty the rest of the team has been playing just as "average", if not worse. When you give the other team that many opportunities and just let players walk in, it makes it incredibly difficult to keep the GAA under 2. Just like last game schneids made numerous huge saves to bail out the team but you can't win games when your team is making that many mistakes and not putting the puck in the net at the other end...

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

class act. No goalies in the NHL is class enough to call himself out. Schneider is a true character.

He's way ahead of Luongo at the same age.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#20 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

knowing AV he will most likely make the wrong choice

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#21 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hopefully the team hears this and feels badly enough to start playing with some heart and effort in front of him. It's not like the team is playing great and the goalie sucks (kind of the other way around at times).

#22 Airjasper

Airjasper

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Maybe if the guy got to play more than 1 game in a row he could get a groove going.......

Like jeeze...If they are actually planning on having Schneids be our goalie of the future, how about we give him a shot at actually getting #1 playing time.

#23 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

This was such a blatant obvious PR cry, that I can't even take Schneider seriously any more.

Everyone knows you played average, there's nothing else he could have said. You're tired of giving up 3 goals a game? So play better. Don't talk about it on the media. Go in there and show it in games. As far as record goes, Luongo >>>>>> Schenider this season.

The problem isn't the goalie though. It's how the team is structured. Even Schneid admitted. If the goalie's (that goes for Luongo too) do not play as the best goalie in the world, the team loses. That's horrible way to play the game. Essentially you're playing a game where you're scared of losing. That's not the way you can. Typical though, because that's the game plan that the best coaching staff (who according to CDC is the best ever and can't be replaced) brings every night. He has hammered into his player's head that to win you waste as much time as you can on the ice playing keepaway. Meaning dump the puck and hope that the other team has no memorized your game play.

#24 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

we dont need D

but we do need a center

If only those damn Swedes hadn't broken the transmorgrifier/duplicator after making 1 clone of Henrik!
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#25 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

I know no one here would ever second guess AV, :shock: but...
If I were him, I'd sit the skaters down somewhere, (minus the goalies) quietly acknowledge them as the veteran professionals they are, capable in all on ice situations, and point out that they have had times in recent memory when they've been able to cruise past opponents based solely on skill. I'd ask them if any of them would like a latte or a mocchacino ™ or some lingonberries...

Then I would politely query them as to "When they planned to Torterella! F-Bomb! F-Bomb! F-Bomb! show up for an entire Boudreau!-Boudreau! 60 minutes of Laviolette-ing! F-Bomb! hockey, instead of Torts! embarrassing ourselves and hanging our Gosh-Darn! goalies out to dry for the first 10 minutes of each Boudreau! game?"

...or I'd let Lou take the hit vs LA, and let Cory run with ~2/3 of the games from Calgary onward.
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#26 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

There was this other guy who apologized for burning out people's budweiser goal lamps. the name escapes me though.

(Sorry for not using multipost earlier. (I've just had that stream of consciousness thing going while waiting to pick up my daughter)
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#27 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

If the pressure really is getting to him.. then he's not as cool as a cucumber most of you saying he is.. and onces luongo is gone hows he gonna handle the increase pressure from the fans when they dont perform well? This goalie trade will probably be the key trade for gillis.. either he get praise if he makes the right one or fired if he trades the wrong one.

#28 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

we dont need D

but we do need a center

what about burrows? do we really need him?
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#29 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

.....That's funny ! To me he sounded like a whining immature feline,but that's just my take.

#30 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I think you're forgetting about this stud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.