The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 year ago today....

MarchandSucks

1 year ago today we sent Coho and Sulzer to Buffalo for Kass and Gragnani.

http://www.hockeybuz...08#.US6bR1Hfjww

The fact that Sulzer's outscored Kassian is worrisome

But I really like the point that this guy made

I would still take Kassian over Hodgson long term and it is only one year. It is no wonder the Sabres are in near last place and it is because of wimpy egotistic Cody Hodgson players, no grit whatsoever. Zack will eventually score more but brings an element Cody could never bring and that is pure toughness and a total team player. Zack is a monster on the ice who can also play hockey and that is huge. Stats wise Cody is better but that is the only category he wins at. Sulzer was never going to play in Vancouver anyway and that just shows you #8 dmen can play #4 in Buffalo. Gragnani was a throw in the Canucks did not want but had to take him to get Zack. I call this overall trade a tie but both teams got what they wanted.

1 year ago today we sent Coho and Sulzer to Buffalo for Kass and Gragnani.

http://www.hockeybuz...08#.US6bR1Hfjww

The fact that Sulzer's outscored Kassian is worrisome

But I really like the point that this guy made

I would still take Kassian over Hodgson Sisters long term and it is only one year. It is no wonder the Sabres are in near last place and it is because of wimpy egotistic Cody Hodgson Sisters players, no grit whatsoever. Zack will eventually score more but brings an element Cody Sisters could never bring and that is pure toughness and a total team player. Zack is a monster on the ice who can also play hockey and that is huge. Stats wise Cody Sisters is better but that is the only category he wins at. Sulzer was never going to play in Vancouver anyway and that just shows you #8 dmen can play #4 in Buffalo. Gragnani was a throw in the Canucks did not want but had to take him to get Zack play every game down the stretch. I call this overall trade a tie but both teams got what they wanted.

We still need more grit in the lineup, Kassian doesn't seem like he's aggressive by nature, he seems like he's fighting and hitting because he has to.

Not once have I seen him lay out a huge hit, unless it's after one of his teammates getting laid out.

I don't think the 4th line is the place for this kid.... either put him in the top 9 or send him to Chicago, he still has lots of potential.

Archived