The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicklas Jensen

Soren5556

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So with Jensen's season finishing with AIK and assuming they don't make the play offs there is a good chance Jensen will end up on the Wolves but I think there is an equally good chance he might end up on the Canucks too.

I think the regular season for the SEL ends around March 5th and Gillis already said Jensen will be coming to the wolves at the very least so with Kesler now out and Volpatti being sent down to the wolves what are the chance Jensen might join the Canucks over the Wolves. I know the Canucks were playing well before Kesler came back so some people might think him being gone is what might get us out of this funk the team is in but Jensen has the potential to be a top 6 forward and I think playing him along with Schroeder would give us a great second line substitute.

So I've made my opinion, what do you guys think?

I'm also aware of the likelihood that Pinizotto will replace Volpatti but I think Jensen could be a better replacement.

Edit: I thought I'd include his stats and point out the SEL doesn't count secondary assists like the NHL so his point total isn't too definitive of what he could do. He is 4th on his team in scoring.

16 Goals

6 Assists

22 points

47 GP

-12 +/-

17 hits

So with Jensen's season finishing with AIK and assuming they don't make the play offs there is a good chance Jensen will end up on the Wolves but I think there is an equally good chance he might end up on the Canucks too.

I think the regular season for the SEL ends around March 5th and Gillis already said Jensen will be coming to the wolves at the very least so with Kesler now out and Volpatti being sent down to the wolves what are the chance Jensen might join the Canucks over the Wolves. I know the Canucks were playing well before Kesler came back so some people might think him being gone is what might get us out of this funk the team is in but Jensen has the potential to be a top 6 forward and I think playing him along with Schroeder would give us a great second line substitute.

So I've made my opinion, what do you guys think?

I'm also aware of the likelihood that Pinizotto will replace Volpatti but I think Jensen could be a better replacement.

Why not see what he can do for say, 7 games?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Booth

Higgins - Pinizzotto - Hansen

Changes can be made but I would like to see how a Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian line would do.

With Kesler out you can move Higgins to center and open up a spot on the wing. That being said, I think he needs to play some games with the Wolves before AV considers putting him into the roster this year. Still, there's a good chance he gets some games to see what he can do.

Why not see what he can do for say, 7 games?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Weise - Pinizzotto - Ebbett

I know I'm forgetting someone other than Kesler who won't be back till April or late March. But other than that that top nine looks good.

I would like to see him up here, I think he would be perfect with the twins. He can snipe from anywhere, and he's really good in front of the net.

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Burrows-Kesler-Booth

Kassian/Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Kassian/Higgins-Lapierre-Weise

I still think Kassian should try left wing, he seems to have a lot of trouble breaking out of his zone on the right side, I know when I played hockey I liked breaking out on the left side better and I'm a right handed shot, always was a lot easier for me for some reason.

It would also be easier for him to try and power to the net on the left side, just my opinion though...

Archived