The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hypothetical] Canucks or your kid?

Where's Wellwood

Canucks or your kid?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since I don't want kids and therefore won't have a son to play in the NHL I am going to take this question even further......... My love for the Canucks go beyond anything else. I would even cheer for the Canucks even if I was married to a hockey player (which sadly I am not) who played for another team (Random team in the East) and that team was in the finals against the Canucks. I still would cheer for the Canucks! Nothing should come between a Canucks fan and their team. Nothing! Hmmmmmmm I wonder if this is why I am still single :bigblush:

Ha! I remember I made a similar thread and asked the same question back in 2010 when the Canucks played the Hawks in the playoffs. There was a feature on Andrew Ladd's dad, who worked in some warehouse and he was the only one cheering for the 'hawks at his workplace, eventhough he had always been a Canucks fan. Most people said you always cheer for your kid

I'd choose my son too because the Canucks as a franchise will always have another chance, assuming they don't get relocated or anything, while my son would only have a 10-15 year career window to win. Plus, having the Canucks win would be great, but the happiness that my son would feel if he won, and the pride the family would have, is forever.

OP...you are an awful, awful person. lol jk but this is a really tough situation for me. I guess it's kinda win/win but still. I'd have to go with son...I'll forever love the Nucks but seeing my boy lift that silver cup and having my last name engraved on it would trump all!!

Would really hope the Nucks win it the next year though! ;)

Archived