The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hypothetical] Canucks or your kid?

Where's Wellwood

Canucks or your kid?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Me too. If he's playing a team the Canucks are facing I won't speak to him until he is a Canuck. If he never gets to the Canucks organization then I never will acknowledge his existence.

Heck, I would throw my son from a bus if it meant the Canucks would win.

...it is probably a good thing I'm not a parent.

Let's say that 10 years from now, the Canucks are still cupless, and your son has made the NHL as a player on an Eastern Conference team. The Canucks manage to make it to the finals for the first time since 2011 and they're facing the team that your son plays on.

Who would you cheer for?

Let's say that 10 years from now, the Canucks are still cupless, and your son has made the NHL as a player on an Eastern Conference team. The Canucks manage to make it to the finals for the first time since 2011 and they're facing the team that your son plays on.

Who would you cheer for?

Everyone who is saying they would cheer for the Canucks over their own child don't have kids of their own. They don't understand the value of family just yet. Before I became a father myself, I used to say the same thing, but not anymore since I had my son. Family over everything!!

Think about it, do the Canucks or any player really care about YOU on a personal level?? Your kid would be there for you through thick and thin, cause he's your blood, not the Canucks or any of their players. If your kid won the cup, there would be personal glory in it for you. You will most likely even get to celebrate with the team on the ice, would the Canucks let you do that?? NO! They won't even let you come near the cup!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Everyone who is saying they would cheer for the Canucks over their own child don't have kids of their own. They don't understand the value of family just yet. Before I became a father myself, I used to say the same thing, but not anymore since I had my son. Family over everything!!

Think about it, do the Canucks or any player really care about YOU on a personal level?? Your kid would be there for you through thick and thin, cause he's your blood, not the Canucks or any of their players. If your kid won the cup, there would be personal glory in it for you. You will most likely even get to celebrate with the team on the ice, would the Canucks let you do that?? NO! They won't even let you come near the cup!

Simple actually, get one of my Son's Jerseys, and get a Canucks Jersey, cut them both straight down the middle and sew them back together, so I could have both jerseys on at the same time, and just cheer any time anyone scores a goal.

Gotta feel for Malcom Subban's Dad though... a die hard Montreal fan with a son drafted by Boston

Archived