The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hypothetical] Canucks or your kid?

Where's Wellwood

Canucks or your kid?  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple actually, get one of my Son's Jerseys, and get a Canucks Jersey, cut them both straight down the middle and sew them back together, so I could have both jerseys on at the same time, and just cheer any time anyone scores a goal.

Gotta feel for Malcom Subban's Dad though... a die hard Montreal fan with a son drafted by Boston

I'm a little stunned how many people picked the Canucks. Not even about the whole your kids come first thing it's that they also seem to dismiss that if their kid won the family name would be on there forever and they would get to be a part of their son's day with the cup and celebrations.

Everyone who is saying they would cheer for the Canucks over their own child don't have kids of their own. They don't understand the value of family just yet. Before I became a father myself, I used to say the same thing, but not anymore since I had my son. Family over everything!!

Think about it, do the Canucks or any player really care about YOU on a personal level?? Your kid would be there for you through thick and thin, cause he's your blood, not the Canucks or any of their players. If your kid won the cup, there would be personal glory in it for you. You will most likely even get to celebrate with the team on the ice, would the Canucks let you do that?? NO! They won't even let you come near the cup!

My Son hands down. I love the Canucks but seriously anyone who says they'd cheer for the Canucks over their kid is lying or delusional. I'll always be proud of my children but Nothing would make me prouder to be a father than my son hoisting the Stanley Cup. Kind of getting emotional thinking about it haha.

My son wouldn't make it to the NHL. If he did, I'd be like Hodgson's dad and control his career; he'd be on the Canucks . In the son's view, if he knows that you were upset by him winning, or thrilled from him losing, he's going to believe that you have other priorities than him and thus, have relationship problems with you.

Who you feel you should cheer for is probably influenced a little by where you are. If you're somewhere far away like Hong Kong then nobody's going to care who you cheer for. But imagine how Lucic's family felt being some of the very few people in Vancouver cheering for Boston, especially with how the series played out, with the hostility, mudslinging, and controversy. They probably weren't too eager to put any Bruins flags on their car, even if they were cheering for Boston (which they probably were).

I'd send whoever was the GM a very strong worded letter about trading for my son considering he was a vital part of the other team getting to SCF etc. etc. etc.

But I'd cheer for my son, UNLESS he was on one of the following teams (subject to change as teams/rosters do);

Bruins

Leafs

Flames

Oilers

Wild

Blackhawks

Kings

Archived