The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

?

Vancouver Canucks 30

really?? no one sees this??

The Cam Neely trade?

The "extra day" before 1994 game 7 that was instituted mysteriously and only helped the rangers who had a lot of knocks and bruises, took away the canucks momentum.

Nathan Lafayette's goal post

Joe Sakic- never wanted to play here.

The Cam Neely trade and how it worked out in Boston drafting a power forward kid FROM VANCOUVER, who then beat us up in the cup finals.

The death of Luc Bourdon? or the fact that we even drafted him instead of Kopitar

Aaron Rome's suspension- the worst suspension in league history in the stanley cup finals.

The reffing in the finals.

The insane number of inujuries we had during the 2011 run, not to mention Manny's freak accident to a guy who was the heart and soul of this team...the first time we had a legit contending 3rd line that scored, won face offs...

The Hodgson trade- why does such a smart GM trade truly one of our best players for a guy way further behind in development.

Why didn't Cody like it here?

Daniel Sedin Inury last year and the slap on the wrist the NHL gave Keith.

This summer

Justin Schultz chooses Edmonton... what? even they thought they were out of the running. What did AV say to Schultz in those meetings to piss him off???

Shea Weber- met with Gillis for 3 hours and still we couldn't figure out how to get him here.

Shane Doan- go read the last article where Doan says he was really close to signing here...

If we are not cursed, then who the hell is bro???

Also, what's up with this Gallegher dude? I guess I'm really late to the party since I don't read physical newspapers (or provincial ones online), but this guy seems like an alarmist moron. The Canucks lost 2 games and are top of their division still, oh no, let's make the most depressing article ever about Canucks history.

No wonder I see so many people badmouthing this guy around here.

Is there a greater curse than the one you cast upon yourself?

Seriously. Tony doesn't seem well.

If he is, one thing is obvious: Tony needs to grow up and stop feeling sorry for himself.

He's like the bad actor type-cast in dead-end roles...except he's the guy typing his own script.

His recycled act is the definition of defeatist.

If Vancouver seems morose to him, it would be a reflection of his self-image. These are games. That is all.

If there's one thing we do have control over - it's might be our own perspective.

If you want a championship team Tony, try a little championship mentality. It might rub off.

Like the ones the Canucks top two scorers have, the ones you whine about. Those guys with 38 points in 38 games this season, who are +20. Daniel - like clockwork, in the top 20 in scoring again - Henrik, 5th in the NHL in +/-. They're not moping around whining about the past or feeling hard-done-by. They're the guys who are still striving to be better - while their play in the opposition's end may be hovering at world-class, they are nevertheless still improving by virtue of their play outside the opposition's blueline. Remarkably, they are still becoming better hockey players imo, and as far as I'm concerned, impermeable to the words of people like Tony Gallagher. You'd hope that, by now, for Gallagher's sake, some osmosis may have taken effect, but he seems deadcast in his choice to seek some kind of sad sympathy in defeatism. His loved ones must want to give that part of him a good brisk slap by now.

The ironing:

Tony Gallagher seems to be implying that the Sedins and their mentality is not good enough.

The Ottawa Senators could cry 'cursed' as well, but they aren't (moping and whining) - they're going about trying to win hockey games - in fact, only three teams in the NHL have more points...

As strange as it may sound, imo champions don't always win championships... but they likely believe they can.

And they probably don't waste their time and energy casting spells on themselves.

This board is funny. Following every loss, this board lights up with Fire AV, the sky is falling threads, yet when a respected local journalist (he's employed by several media outlets for a reason) writes about the team being cursed, everyone jumps on him and calls him an idiot.

Not that I believe in curses but if you replace the word 'curse' with 'bad luck,' he's spot on. This team has had it's share of bad luck. On the other hand, I believe that you create your own luck. The drafting, the trades (or lack there of), and the injuries, are part and parcel to do with management. Mike Gillis and team have been good so far but I think they're still learning how to deal with certain situations. One can only hope that he is kept around long enough to fully grasp this team/market and he can put his stamp on it. Maybe some good luck will come from a tenured GM.

That was an extremely well written article, and it's more or less a re-articulated version of the garbage you monkeys say on here every time the Canucks lose. Why are you so offended when he says it?

The only thing Gallagher is missing is that he didn't start blaming the team's problems on the refs and the apparent league-wide conspiracy against the Vancouver Canucks that a vocal batch on this website seems to actually believe.

Guys, Gallagher is you. You are Gallagher.

Not really relevant but a good entertaining read. We should have more articles like Gallagher's, it sure beats much of the output of the "one line smart asses" on here. Just look above.

It always amuses me that these people have little to contribute, probably because they know if the try to say anything of consequence it exposes them to the derision they heap on others..............but they can't resist seeing their tragic little offering anyway.

Maybe CDC should hold courses for these people and help them form some actual contributions. Kudos to the guy who put up the article. Sporting hoodoos and curses are known the world over and it is often amazing what lengths some sports clubs and their fans will go to to try to put a stop to them. Many times it appears to work.

Not really relevant but a good entertaining read. We should have more articles like Gallagher's, it sure beats much of the output of the "one line smart asses" on here. Just look above.

It always amuses me that these people have little to contribute, probably because they know if the try to say anything of consequence it exposes them to the derision they heap on others..............but they can't resist seeing their tragic little offering anyway.

Maybe CDC should hold courses for these people and help them form some actual contributions. Kudos to the guy who put up the article. Sporting hoodoos and curses are known the world over and it is often amazing what lengths some sports clubs and their fans will go to to try to put a stop to them. Many times it appears to work.

Archived