The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

?

Vancouver Canucks 30

It starts with the Canucks 'fans'. I have lived in Vancouver for many years, grew up there, and I can tell you that many of the fans are not very nice, as you can see from the riots, and from the low quality of posts on this board (excluding posts by the Magnificent One, of course). They think they are entitled to everything in the world. And then there's the Toronto hatred. I don't see Toronto fans hating Vancouver fans. They don't like Habs fans, but certainly they are not the ones who are gonna break apart their cities. Frankly said, the fans in Vancouver don't really deserve the cup until the quality of the fans improve.

And then there is the issue of bad reporting by the likes of Gallagher. I stopped reading his columns 20 years ago. This guy is a farce.

Finally, you have an owner who is going through a divorce. So he is having his own personal problems; why would he have time to fix this team?

That was an extremely well written article, and it's more or less a re-articulated version of the garbage you monkeys say on here every time the Canucks lose. Why are you so offended when he says it?

The only thing Gallagher is missing is that he didn't start blaming the team's problems on the refs and the apparent league-wide conspiracy against the Vancouver Canucks that a vocal batch on this website seems to actually believe.

Guys, Gallagher is you. You are Gallagher.

The bold part is not even close to being true Glass unless your standards are pretty low. Vancouver sports media is in general pretty mediocre but Gallagher is one of the few I would say that has the journalistic style of a 14 year old writing for the school newspaper.

Yes the article is just copying what "many" on here piss and moan about after a loss but your smart enough to know that what you just said is pretty stupid.

This is what they call journalism over at the Province? Your average unpaid blogger would be ashamed to have this drivel on his site. What were we supposed to get out of this? Gallagher is an embarrassment. This is the worst attempt to describe and advance the "cursed" theory which I have ever heard, being a proponent of various occult and astrological theories re: the Canucks and hockey generally, this is pathetic. Where is the thesis statement? The supporting argument is what, that Volpatti is getting sent down? C'mon. Simply awful writing.

He could have mentioned, for instance, that the Game 7/Riot occurred on the night of a full moon (incidentally, so did the recent debacle in Detroit). Or maybe something about the ley lines that intersect here in the lower mainland area. Get outta here, Gallagher! There is a curse on this team, it is the curse of the god-awful local media.

really?? no one sees this??

The Cam Neely trade?

The "extra day" before 1994 game 7 that was instituted mysteriously and only helped the rangers who had a lot of knocks and bruises, took away the canucks momentum.

Nathan Lafayette's goal post

Joe Sakic- never wanted to play here.

The Cam Neely trade and how it worked out in Boston drafting a power forward kid FROM VANCOUVER, who then beat us up in the cup finals.

The death of Luc Bourdon? or the fact that we even drafted him instead of Kopitar

Aaron Rome's suspension- the worst suspension in league history in the stanley cup finals.

The reffing in the finals.

The insane number of inujuries we had during the 2011 run, not to mention Manny's freak accident to a guy who was the heart and soul of this team...the first time we had a legit contending 3rd line that scored, won face offs...

The Hodgson trade- why does such a smart GM trade truly one of our best players for a guy way further behind in development.

Why didn't Cody like it here?

Daniel Sedin Inury last year and the slap on the wrist the NHL gave Keith.

This summer

Justin Schultz chooses Edmonton... what? even they thought they were out of the running. What did AV say to Schultz in those meetings to piss him off???

Shea Weber- met with Gillis for 3 hours and still we couldn't figure out how to get him here.

Shane Doan- go read the last article where Doan says he was really close to signing here...

If we are not cursed, then who the hell is bro???

The bold part is not even close to being true Glass unless your standards are pretty low. Vancouver sports media is in general pretty mediocre but Gallagher is one of the few I would say that has the journalistic style of a 14 year old writing for the school newspaper.

Yes the article is just copying what "many" on here piss and moan about after a loss but your smart enough to know that what you just said is pretty stupid.

I think this article is good, and while I don't really have an opinion on Gallagher as a person, I do think he's quite the wordsmith sometimes. I don't really know what a 14 year old's journalistic style would be, but it seems to me like you've just got an axe to grind with this dude, which is fair, but I don't. And to me, the article is a great articulation of the consensus that many Canucks fans--perhaps embarrassingly and shamefully--are experiencing. Or, less shamefully, they can be found all over this forum flat out declaring their paranoid beliefs, opinions, and insane delusions.

The subtitle of the actual article says "strange things are justifying the fans' traditional sense of dread" -- and I think that's entirely accurate. The entire point of the article is to highlight the seemingly absurd sequence of events that have happened in a brief recent period, and how they seem to fuel Canucks fans' fervor, and how is that NOT true at all?

The title of the article isn't "the Canucks are cursed," nor does Gallagher use the word "curse" in his article, that's a liberty the OP took, and a bunch of people ran with it in the thread. Gallagher is a smart guy, do people HONESTLY think he believes the team is cursed? No, but there's a long series of weird absurdities that have happened, and continue TO happen, to this team, and he's just adding a dramatic flare to it, because that's basically his job.

I think this article is good, and while I don't really have an opinion on Gallagher as a person, I do think he's quite the wordsmith sometimes. I don't really know what a 14 year old's journalistic style would be, but it seems to me like you've just got an axe to grind with this dude, which is fair, but I don't. And to me, the article is a great articulation of the consensus that many Canucks fans--perhaps embarrassingly and shamefully--are experiencing. Or, less shamefully, they can be found all over this forum flat out declaring their paranoid beliefs, opinions, and insane delusions.

The subtitle of the actual article says "strange things are justifying the fans' traditional sense of dread" -- and I think that's entirely accurate. The entire point of the article is to highlight the seemingly absurd sequence of events that have happened in a brief recent period, and how they seem to fuel Canucks fans' fervor, and how is that NOT true at all?

The title of the article isn't "the Canucks are cursed," nor does Gallagher use the word "curse" in his article, that's a liberty the OP took, and a bunch of people ran with it in the thread. Gallagher is a smart guy, do people HONESTLY think he believes the team is cursed? No, but there's a long series of weird absurdities that have happened, and continue TO happen, to this team, and he's just adding a dramatic flare to it, because that's basically his job.

Archived