The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault Appreciation Thread

Aladeen

In all honesty, accolades and being the winningest coach doesn't really apply anymore.

The league keeps changing at a fast pace, new technologies allow for opposing coaches to dissect any teams system

and expose it for what it really is. This is what is happening to AV.

Unless AV refines his system of attack and implements a better team defensive make up then he will succeed.

I have no doubt that hes able to change up his system, he has done it before.

In all honesty, accolades and being the winningest coach doesn't really apply anymore.

The league keeps changing at a fast pace, new technologies allow for opposing coaches to dissect any teams system

and expose it for what it really is. This is what is happening to AV.

Unless AV refines his system of attack and implements a better team defensive make up then he will succeed.

I have no doubt that hes able to change up his system, he has done it before.

Good input. I'm not trying to start a fight. Just curious. How has he changed his system before?

Are you talking about Lu's first year when our team lacked talent and we played a defensive game (almost like a trap)?

And now we play a puck possession game?

I hope you are correct in that he has the ability to change up the system. I think most people like myself call for a change because we don't think he has the ability to change it up but if he is able to make a change, that would be great.

Problem is with people like Aladeen who insist that there is nothing wrong with the strategy or coaching when its pretty clear that there is.

Additionally, if AV is able to come up with a change in system, it would be great if he also has another option in case the 1st one gets shut down or neutralized.

I always want him to be one step ahead of the game instead of reacting too late

Good input. I'm not trying to start a fight. Just curious. How has he changed his system before?

Are you talking about Lu's first year when our team lacked talent and we played a defensive game (almost like a trap)?

And now we play a puck possession game?

I hope you are correct in that he has the ability to change up the system. I think most people like myself call for a change because we don't think he has the ability to change it up but if he is able to make a change, that would be great.

Problem is with people like Aladeen who insist that there is nothing wrong with the strategy or coaching when its pretty clear that there is.

Additionally, if AV is able to come up with a change in system, it would be great if he also has another option in case the 1st one gets shut down or neutralized.

I always want him to be one step ahead of the game instead of reacting too late

If quoting you by inference is something I am guilty of, that is just what you did here. I never said his coaching was perfect but one thing I do realize is that there is another professional team that wants to win which I have said it a hundred times. No system is perfect but he gets to the playoffs which gives the team a chance to win.

So I guess by our new found winning logic, I'm a rock star from Mars and I'm winning! :towel:

Well done sir ::D

It seems like you are reaching a major developmental step.

You admitted his coaching isn't perfect. The next logical step then is, if it's not perfect, there's room for improvement.

Would you agree with that?

No disrespect to Neilson, Neale, or Quinn, who were all great coaches and had a ton of success here...Vigneault is the best coach this franchise has had. He isn't going anywhere and the people clamoring for him to fired (really, they want the coach fired because we're only 5th overall in the whole league...better fire everyone!), y'all are dumb. Perfection is not achievable. It is not realistic to demand perfection in high-level competitive sports. Excellence, however, definitely achievable and the Canucks have been excellent ever since Vigneault got here. None of you critics really know what you're talking about, you wouldn't have the first clue how to coach a hockey team, so where you get off criticizing this coaching staff, I don't know. Y'all just need something to complain about now that Luongo is funny so you can't complain about him no more.

Let's all appreciate the facts.

Let's appreciate the fact that he led the team to multiple second round losses as well as a loss against the 8-seed team while being the #1 NHL team all season. Let's appreciate the fact that he is also the same coach who almost led his team to the worst playoff loss in the history of NHL. Let's also appreciate the fact that he is the same coach who had a 2-0 series lead in the SCF and proceeded to lose 4 of the next 5 games, with the last one being on home ice. And finally let's appreciate the fact that his team was also the lowest goal scoring team in the SC history.

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Let's all appreciate the facts.

Let's appreciate the fact that he led the team to multiple second round losses as well as a loss against the 8-seed team while being the #1 NHL team all season. Let's appreciate the fact that he is also the same coach who almost led his team to the worst playoff loss in the history of NHL. Let's also appreciate the fact that he is the same coach who had a 2-0 series lead in the SCF and proceeded to lose 4 of the next 5 games, with the last one being on home ice. And finally let's appreciate the fact that his team was also the lowest goal scoring team in the SC history.

4-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

Archived