Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Vigneault Appreciation Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

I think AV is a great coach for us but MG needs to start giving him some upgrades. The present roster has bounced off it's glass ceiling and is heading South.
Also AV needs to get back to his trusted lines and just bring everyone back to carrying out the basics properly and no more "names out of the hat" team selections.
Kevin.jpg

#62 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

so you revert to trolling when presented facts?

Good to know. Ignore lists, so i don't argue with a 14 year old.

Why is it people like yourself always revert to the old standby of "trolling" when you are unable to debate the other persons unhappiness/happiness with a situation. It's such a weak ploy because it's only trolling if he DOESN'T believe what he is saying. It's his opinion............debate it or get off the pot my friend.

I think it would have been better for a coach to lambaste the NHL and its ruling because that was a brutal call.

Yes because that would be just the smart kind of move that would endear our team to the officials. Please, we have enough meltdowns on CDC as it is regarding officiating, we don't have room for any more paranoid behaviour on here.
He did the smart thing. The only thing smarter he could have done was feign deafness and ignored the question altogether.
Are you so naive as to think these media men don't lay these traps and then glory in the clusterf-ck fallout?

Edited by Bodee, 28 February 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#63 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

i just want a coach that is adaptable and knows how to change things when they need to be. he needs more passion.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#64 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Hey, this was supposed to be an AV appreciation thread.

Thanks for comin' out AV.

In all seriousness though -
06/07 - AV plays Luongo almost every game and he plays like a God, so we win the division.

07/08 - AV plays Luongo almost every game but he no longer plays like a God and the team has little talent, so we miss the playoffs.

08/09 - Gillis comes on board and assembles some talent, Luongo plays well, we overcome a 9 game home losing streak, narrowly win the division, get throttled by the Blackhawks in round 2.

09/10 - Gillis aquires more talent, the Canucks become a scoring juggernaut, win the division despite losing 28 games outright, get throttled by the Blackhawks in round 2.

10/11 - Gillis aquires more talent yet again, several Canucks overachieve, goaltending is fantastic, the NW division becomes a joke, we cruise to the President's trophy in a landslide victory, come an OT goal away from blowing a 3-0 series lead to Chicago in round 1, Kesler beats Nashville in round 2, waste perennial chokers from San Jose in round 3, have no answer for Boston in round 4 and squander 2-0 and 3-2 series leads and get blown out in the decisive final game on home ice while scoring the fewest goals in SCF history while giving up nearly 2 dozen.

11/12 - We play well the first half of the season, fake our way to another Presidents trophy in the second half, get dumped like a bag of hammers by LA in 5 games.

2013 - So far, the team has won most of it's games against the NW division and been "exposed" by other teams outside of the NW. Goaltending has been the saving grace but that appears to be fading for now.

Could any coach other than AV "accomplish" this much with this team? More than likely I'd say.

#65 hockeyfan87

hockeyfan87

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hey, this was supposed to be an AV appreciation thread.

Thanks for comin' out AV.

In all seriousness though -
06/07 - AV plays Luongo almost every game and he plays like a God, so we win the division.

07/08 - AV plays Luongo almost every game but he no longer plays like a God and the team has little talent, so we miss the playoffs.

08/09 - Gillis comes on board and assembles some talent, Luongo plays well, we overcome a 9 game home losing streak, narrowly win the division, get throttled by the Blackhawks in round 2.

09/10 - Gillis aquires more talent, the Canucks become a scoring juggernaut, win the division despite losing 28 games outright, get throttled by the Blackhawks in round 2.

10/11 - Gillis aquires more talent yet again, several Canucks overachieve, goaltending is fantastic, the NW division becomes a joke, we cruise to the President's trophy in a landslide victory, come an OT goal away from blowing a 3-0 series lead to Chicago in round 1, Kesler beats Nashville in round 2, waste perennial chokers from San Jose in round 3, have no answer for Boston in round 4 and squander 2-0 and 3-2 series leads and get blown out in the decisive final game on home ice while scoring the fewest goals in SCF history while giving up nearly 2 dozen.

11/12 - We play well the first half of the season, fake our way to another Presidents trophy in the second half, get dumped like a bag of hammers by LA in 5 games.

2013 - So far, the team has won most of it's games against the NW division and been "exposed" by other teams outside of the NW. Goaltending has been the saving grace but that appears to be fading for now.

Could any coach other than AV "accomplish" this much with this team? More than likely I'd say.

Explain the bold. Gillis let Naslund go and acquired Demitra and eventually Sundin. I'd hardly call that "assembling talent". It was the progression of the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows that led to the team having markedly improved fortunes that year.

#66 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Explain the bold. Gillis let Naslund go and acquired Demitra and eventually Sundin. I'd hardly call that "assembling talent". It was the progression of the Sedins, Kesler, and Burrows that led to the team having markedly improved fortunes that year.

Naslund was declining. MG was right to let him go

104 pts
84 pts
79 pts

Thats the yearly progression and this reminds me of the other thread about MG disrespecting players.
I like MG for precisely this reason. he doesnt let loyalty blind his judgements and does whats best for the team

Edited by CanucksJay, 28 February 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#67 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I'd appreciate if he'd resign.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.