The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Michael Gillis have any credibility?

Lemieux

This guy is quite incompetent to say the least. He has given or acquired big contracts like Ballard's, Garrison's, Sundin's, Luongo's to name a few, while giving up top talent for the likes of Zack Kassian and other spare parts. David Booth is not any better than Steve Bernier.

When this guy says he is "close" to trading Luongo, it's merely a futile attempt at pumping his stock. He has been reaping the rewards from the pieces that the previous regimes have gathered, and he is getting credit for every single bit of it. I do give him some credit for signing Hamhuis, but that's pretty much the only move that's significant in any way.

Today you hear the news about how he wanted to clear away Malhotra's roster spot for "his own health". What horrible excuse! If he had cared so much about Malhotra, he should not even have played him in the 2011 playoffs and last year! What hypocrite!

Top Pieces from previous regimes:

Luongo, Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa

Top Piece from Gillian regime:

Hamhuis

This guy is quite incompetent to say the least. He has given or acquired big contracts like Ballard's, Garrison's, Sundin's, Luongo's to name a few, while giving up top talent for the likes of Zack Kassian and other spare parts. David Booth is not any better than Steve Bernier.

When this guy says he is "close" to trading Luongo, it's merely a futile attempt at pumping his stock. He has been reaping the rewards from the pieces that the previous regimes have gathered, and he is getting credit for every single bit of it. I do give him some credit for signing Hamhuis, but that's pretty much the only move that's significant in any way.

Today you hear the news about how he wanted to clear away Malhotra's roster spot for "his own health". What horrible excuse! If he had cared so much about Malhotra, he should not even have played him in the 2011 playoffs and last year! What hypocrite!

Top Pieces from previous regimes:

Luongo, Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa

Top Piece from Gillian regime:

Hamhuis

well at least he has a lot more credibility than you. david booth not any better than steve bernier hilarious im glad you arent evaluating talent for a hockey team.

I cant believe people still complain about sundin he was PPG in the playoffs, what more did you want from the guy?

What's even more worse is that the fans are not able to voice their displeasure at all because of people like you. You might be happy with the team's performance. Good for you, if you like mediocre play and same old dumping the puck at centre ice and chasing hockey-style. But not everyone does.

What's even more worse is that the fans are not able to voice their displeasure at all because of people like you. You might be happy with the team's performance. Good for you, if you like mediocre play and same old dumping the puck at centre ice and chasing hockey-style. But not everyone does.

He strikes me as kinda skeevy. Like he's that dirty slobby bad guy in that last movie YOU JUST WATCHED!

But past the exterior he has done a pretty professional job of managing this team.

Really it's been very good.

Alot better then I would have expected and he has a food I mean good relationship with the other Gm's. Probably the most important piece of being a GM is what other teams and GM's think of you.

Just my humble opinion

MG does have credibility, c'mon, the guy is a class act for the most part, ive been a broken record for years now tho and i am sick of this team not having a pair of bonafide enforcers.

At this point , MG is forced to make a career defining blockbuster trade in my opinion if hes serious about trying to win a cup.

If he doesn't make some big hard decisions, hurting feelings in the process and stay's with the status quo roster i fear this team will be gone in 4-5 games first round.

MG has credibility now but he won't if he sits idly by while this team wallows in mediocrity and inconsistent efforts. a lack of effort for 60 minutes is the teams biggest weakness. He needs to shake things up, the core isnt motivating the room, the coaching staff isnt either, if summer arrives , first round exit, no roster changes i will be calling for his resignation with much of the fan base. tough year, half season no prep,big stakes for AV and MG and our goalies this season.

For now, i have faith in MG, lets talk in a few months.

Archived