The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Mike Ribiero

86Viking

I know alot of people may not like him on here and apparently around the league. But the fact is he is a great playmaker. I honestly think that would help solve our issues with a lack of scoring come post season. Not to mention he would be a great addition to the power play.

I know he more than likely would be a rental, but I think it would be a bold move of MG to go out and get a solid productive top 6 player. And hey, if it works out maybe he will resign here, although im sure a team out their will give him alot more than we can afford

Back to my point, put aside his reputation, you cant knock that he doesnt have the skill. He is leading the Capitals in scoring, and has proven he can score, especially in the playoffs, last time he played he had nearly a PPG average over a pretty long run 17 or 18 games.

pretty solid for playoffs:

D.Sedin H.Sedin Burrows

Booth Ribeiro Kesler

Higgins Lapierre/schroeder/deadline gritty center Hansen

Volpatti Pinnizotto/Lapierre Kassian

Weise

I left Raymond out as he may be a trade chip for a 3rd line center or for part trade for Ribeiro. As I feel we just have to many wingers to retain him after this year anyway

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Garrison Ballard

Alberts

Schneider

Luo

That looks pretty good. I dont know what it would take to get him, but id make the call and inquire if I was MG and see if you could get him.

Raymond and conditional pick 2014 1st if we win the cup otherwise 2014 2nd or contingent on Raymond resigning? I know it seems like a lot but we would have to pay alot to get him im sure.

If it means we could win a cup and have another top 6 caliber center I would be willing to make a trade along those lines

We NEEEEEEEED a 2nd line Centre Now,

EFF Kesler, he can move to wing, and take important draws. We don't have enough depth down the middle and expendable wingers, + at least one expendable goalie.

Call JENSEN up once his AIK team's season is finished and have a........

Kesler-Ribeiro-Jensen line,

ATLEAST GET A CENTREMAN, if we don't....our chances go out the window

i agree with adding a 1st as we are likely to get a higher 1st back in a goalie trade.

raymond and a 1st would seem like a lot, but maybe we could get a 3rd rounder coming back if he doesnt resign. Im sure Ribeiro will see some big bucks from Toronto in July. Ribeiro would make kessel a 40+ goal scorer

If we are in win now mode, then this the the player i would want to get.

Not sure what their needs are, but I figured Raymond would probably have a chance to play top 6. they might want schroeder? Personally I would trade him if we were getting someone like Ribeiro back. And I would offer him in and around 5-5.5m over a couple years, hopefully we get a center back in a big trade of a goalie to recoupe the loss of schroeder.

They way I look at it, is we are in win now mode, Ribeiro helps us win a cup now, Schroeder has shown that he is stable to be in the NHL but as of now I dont see him being a game changer to win us a cup. Teams always sacrifice top picks and young talent to win a cup. LA did this with trading, Simmonds, Schenn and picks. Thats equivalent to us trading a 1st and Schroeder

Archived