The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fill in the blank: the trading deadline will be ----

Lui's Knob

What we need to do:

Trade a goaltender for a top 6 forward who can play with the twins and score consistently. I'm talkin' super star status, not washed up or injury prone.

Shake up the Defense. Trade a guy like Ballard or Beiksa for a new defensemen. There seems to be a big hole in our defence now which Salo used to fill.

What Gillis will probably do:

Stand pat and make no trades or shuffle some 4th liners around which will have no significant impact on the teams playoff successl.

Gillis's final push to put this team over the top.

If he doesn't do something to upgrade our top 6, we will have trouble going far.

It seems like he's stuck between adding pieces to put us over the top, and saving assets to build for the future. He has to either do one or the other, because trying to do both is a half ass effort and won't help either cause.

Well these are the areas we need to address IMO:

- Bottom 6, LH guy who can take big draws, is good defensively and can kill penalties.

- A 2nd/3rd line center (for the third line) a guy who is a solid two way guy, can contribute offensively but is solid defensively.

Hopefully he would fill those holes.

He's got a chance to give us a cup this year. Let's see if he has the kahones to to make the deal. I just dono if he can make that deal that gives us a back up tender legit shutdown right handed D man and a guy who can create goals by himself and or be a left handed faceoff guy.

Actually it's just the one hole - the guy who can do both of those things. However, if we could unload Garrison for a steady, top-4 RH dman, it would be a huge bonus.

Playoff lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Kesler-Burrows (shutdown line)

Booth/Raymond-Big, LH C-Hansen

Raymond/Booth-Lappy-Pinnizotto

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-RH dman

Ballard/Garrison-Tanev

Scared.

I think MG is scared to make any more moves because a lot of his moves have not panned out. Now think about being the GM that trades away the best goaltender (a future HOF'er) the organization has ever had. I know I'd be shakin in my boots.

If he doesn't do something to upgrade our top 6, we will have trouble going far.

It seems like he's stuck between adding pieces to put us over the top, and saving assets to build for the future. He has to either do one or the other, because trying to do both is a half ass effort and won't help either cause.

Reading your posts the last 3 days; about time to change your sig!

Who is not smarter than Gillis?

Clear a couple of the die hard supporters, yourself, Ossi, are frustrated...What do you think we should do?

Clarification; this is not a troll post. I've posted I'll always be a Canuck fan. I've posted GM MG is a great GM. I've posted he has made several trades / moves that (on face value) are good, but have left us overloaded in some positions, lacking in others. But still having some assets to re-balance the team, including some we would not have without his moves.

So again, what do you suggest?

And a request > renew your faith! Or keep your faith if I am too far. You have been amongst the best Canuck fans on CDC!

I believe we are overstocked on left D, LW and goalie; need most a puck moving right D, a right wing, and a centre. The Canucks are good, but need at least a couple of moves!

Archived