The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth vs Bust

fanfor42

Some numbers on David Booth:

Career NHL stats Games 369; Goals 103; Assists 93; Pts 196; plus/minus -8.

Games played per season since joining NHL full time:

73/82 07/08

72/82 08/09

28/82 09/10

82/82 10/11

62/82 11/12

4/19 12/13

Total 321/429 = 74.8%

Ok so he has 196 points out of 369 NHL games. Thats .531 points per game.

He has played in 74.8% of games since moving to the NHL full time.

What do these numbers mean? Is he a keeper or a bust?

Think we've all realized that being in Florida can artificially inflate or deflate numbers.

With that said, I like Booth as a player and his skill set. I don't think he has the right type of linemates that can set him up though, and I don't consider him a gifted playmaker / passer.

Yes now that Kesler is out, the second and third lines can get back to where they were...Booth is going to excel. I see good things with him. I really t hink that Kesler hinders a lot of his teammates play. Nobody can play with the guy. Yes he is good, but hes so over rated ...I am kind of glad that Kesler is injured again...Sorry, I had to say it.

Some numbers on David Booth:

Career NHL stats Games 369; Goals 103; Assists 93; Pts 196; plus/minus -8.

Games played per season since joining NHL full time:

73/82 07/08

72/82 08/09

28/82 09/10

82/82 10/11

62/82 11/12

4/19 12/13

Total 321/429 = 74.8%

Ok so he has 196 points out of 369 NHL games. Thats .531 points per game.

He has played in 74.8% of games since moving to the NHL full time.

What do these numbers mean? Is he a keeper or a bust?

Put him with Schroeder and Raymond or Higgins and then see what he can do.

They tried to force him to have chemistry with Kesler and it just wasn't working. Booth needs someone who can dish him the puck as he's driving to the net. Schroeder can do that.

David booth has had his chance at making an impact .....

this year David Booth has not been close to what he needs to be...

give him more time until i can judge him but i will say from last yrs playoff performance im not 1 bit impressed with this guy...

I like him playing with Schroeder and Raymond. He adds an element of physicality to that pairing similar to what was gotten with hansen but has better offensive instincts and allows hansen to play the defensive role he is more suited to, if he was making 2 mil this wouldnt be a conversation, give him time tho to get back at it. He needs to find a rythme and when Schroeder and Raymond start putting up points you can expect to see booth contributing in someway or another. Those three make a very dangerous thirdline

I don't, I feel like we haven't given him enough time. He is playing well now and was playing well when he was adjusted to this team.

He has speed, power, is fearless, has a better shot then we have seen IMO, and I disagree on the hands. I think he has solid hands and moves to go along with his speed and power. He is also has been more physical than we saw last year which is something I like.

Just hoping AV starts playing in him the top 6 and giving him more minutes, cause he is keeps doing the right things the points will come.

First of all, 0.53 p.p.g. is second-liner in the NHL. Far from a bust overall in his career.

Secondly, agreed with above that pairing him with Kes is not giving him a fair shot, since all of those have been taken by Ryan already. Guys like Raymond and Schroeder would probably be better fits as line-mates, as they tend to pass more and don't play as close to the net, while Booth can pounce on rebounds from their shots and score while also playing closer to the opponent's net due to his size.

I wouldn't judge him based on his stats since he was traded here until he plays a full season with us. When 100% he's pretty great. AV should give him a few shifts with the Sedins and see how that goes.

Scott Gomez had 900 games and counting last I checked. I think there's a middle ground. While I agree being around in the NHL a long time typically indicates someone has skill, there's certainly the cases where certain players are awesome for a few years then fall off the map.

So far from David Booth since his last injury, that has been the case unfortunately. I'm getting fairly impatient with this guy, and I wouldn't mind trading him away at some point if he doesn't step it up soon. He always seems to be injured or 'just getting back into the swing of things'--he had one stint where he had OKAY 2nd line points, but he certainly hasn't been the 30 goal scorer we signed up for.

Archived