The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NJD-COL

laxgoalie

Long story short I talked to my friends (one Colorado, one New Jersey) and they said they'd both do this trade:

To COL:

Larsson

Butler

To NJD:

O'Rielly

Jones (Off to a slow start 5pts, -9 through 16 games but has potential to score 25-30 IMO)

Conditional 2013 1st round pick, if O'Rielly doesn't resign.

Why Colorado does this:

O'Rielly isn't signing in Colorado, and they need a d-man bad. Larsson is a franchise dman who can help out on a very thin blue line. Yes I know Colorado wants a roster player, pick and prospect, but they get a franchise blue liner which, is something they could use. Plus they are missing Erik Johnson who is out with a concussion.

Why New Jersey does this:

They need offfense, they are 21st (?) in goals for, and it doesnt help out that Zubrus is out. This move helps out their offense big time. They do lose Larsson, but they do get a young O'Rielly back.

Line ups (No clue what they look like, just something I threw together with websites i found):

COL:

Landeskog - Stastny - Parenteau

Mcginn - Duchene - Hejduk

Mcleod - MItchell - Kobasew

Bordeleau - Oliver - Butler

Hejda - Larsson

O'Byrne - Hunwick

O'Brien - Barrie

Zannon

Varlamov

Giguere

NJD:

Kovalchuk - Zajac -Clarkson

Eilias - O'Rielly - Jones (assuming he picks up his game)

Ponikarovsky -Henrique - Gionta

Bernier - Matteau - Barch

Salvador - Greene

Zidlicky - Volchenkov

Fayne - Tallinder

Hedberg

Other temporary goalie, while Brodeur is injured.

Anyways there she is. Don't flame, it's 1:30 am where I am, and I've been up since 6am, because of uni, and this seems like a good idea in my half awake state. Maybe throw in some picks here and there? I don't know, Im too tired to add them right now...

I can't see NJ doing this. Larsson is their best (Volchenkov could be argued too I guess) d-man and is doing well for being a very young player (d-men usually peak later than forwards). O'Rielly isn't signed yet either, so the value isn't quite even. A conditional first (O'Rielly signing) would have to go to NJ to give them some sort of security.

Edit: Doesn't Colorado also have Erik Johnson? A Larsson- Johnson pairing would be sick.

I can't see NJ doing this. Larsson is their best (Volchenkov could be argued too I guess) d-man and is doing well for being a very young player (d-men usually peak later than forwards). O'Rielly isn't signed yet either, so the value isn't quite even. A conditional first (O'Rielly signing) would have to go to NJ to give them some sort of security.

Archived