The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

quick newsflash for hodgsons fanboys:

Tom Sestito

Every time I see a thread/post asking why he was traded and that Gillis is a sh#tty GM for trading him, it makes me wonder if you actually paid attention to what Gillis said after the trade.

He wanted more ice time and he was the most demanding player Gillis had ever dealt with. How the hell did you expect him to get more ice time behind Henrik and Kesler? Move Kesler to the 3rd line? no you don't.

I remember Gillis saying there were seven players that he wanted in exchange for Hodgson, and Kassian was the only one on the market. If you want to argue the points as well, he's also a purely offensive player, while Kassian is compared to Bertuzzi. Also consider that he's playing on Buffalo's first line, and that's a large factor in why he has more points. Kassian was amazing with the Sedins, but the Sedins play better with Burrows.

Think things through before you post.

Every time I see a thread/post asking why he was traded and that Gillis is a sh#tty GM for trading him, it makes me wonder if you actually paid attention to what Gillis said after the trade.

He wanted more ice time and he was the most demanding player Gillis had ever dealt with. How the hell did you expect him to get more ice time behind Henrik and Kesler? Move Kesler to the 3rd line? no you don't.

I remember Gillis saying there were seven players that he wanted in exchange for Hodgson, and Kassian was the only one on the market. If you want to argue the points sh#t as well, he's also a purely offensive player, while Kassian is compared to Bertuzzi. Also consider that he's playing on Buffalo's first line, and that's a large factor in why he has more points. Kassian was amazing with the Sedins, but the Sedins play better with Burrows.

Think things through before you post.

Actually there hasn't been a relevant Hodgson thread for several days, and I saw a bunch of Hodgson comments in threads recently, so I think this thread was actually appropriate. The author tries to make a point without trolling people and backs up his opinion. I'd rather read this thread than the 20x hysterical ones every time the Canucks lose.

Well done OP.

Going to have to agree with OP here as well.....and now that the Keshog is back in the ER We can go back to Kass on the first and when Kes is healthy ship his puck greedy ass outta here. After watching him play in his short time back I really see what so many others are saying. He not only doesnt like to pass , he actually thinks he can do it all himself :sadno: I am seriously over him.

I know that is not what Gillis said right after the trade which makes me wonder why this troll thread is allowed.

Hodgson is sandwiched between Kovulchuk and Henrik Sedin in league scoring and has more goals than all six Canuck center men - combined.

Gillis should have gone to a Dale Carnegie course or something before making Cody pay for the team's screw ups and his relationship with Winters.

Archived