#1 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,728 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

POPULAR

Every time I see a thread/post asking why he was traded and that Gillis is a sh#tty GM for trading him, it makes me wonder if you actually paid attention to what Gillis said after the trade.

He wanted more ice time and he was the most demanding player Gillis had ever dealt with. How the hell did you expect him to get more ice time behind Henrik and Kesler? Move Kesler to the 3rd line? no you don't.

I remember Gillis saying there were seven players that he wanted in exchange for Hodgson, and Kassian was the only one on the market. If you want to argue the points as well, he's also a purely offensive player, while Kassian is compared to Bertuzzi. Also consider that he's playing on Buffalo's first line, and that's a large factor in why he has more points. Kassian was amazing with the Sedins, but the Sedins play better with Burrows.

Think things through before you post.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 28 February 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#2 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Gee, I didn't realize people were upset about trading Hodgson. Thanks for making a *WHY Hodgson -> Kassian?* trade thread. I would have never known of the disappointment otherwise :rolleyes:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#3 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Im not an expert on threads, but I would go out on a limb to say that there are probably 100 of these already

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Because we all know that words spoken by the GM and coach should be treated as gospel, right? :rolleyes:

#5 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Every time I see a thread/post asking why he was traded and that Gillis is a sh#tty GM for trading him, it makes me wonder if you actually paid attention to what Gillis said after the trade.

He wanted more ice time and he was the most demanding player Gillis had ever dealt with. How the hell did you expect him to get more ice time behind Henrik and Kesler? Move Kesler to the 3rd line? no you don't.

I remember Gillis saying there were seven players that he wanted in exchange for Hodgson, and Kassian was the only one on the market. If you want to argue the points sh#t as well, he's also a purely offensive player, while Kassian is compared to Bertuzzi. Also consider that he's playing on Buffalo's first line, and that's a large factor in why he has more points. Kassian was amazing with the Sedins, but the Sedins play better with Burrows.

Think things through before you post.

i had to
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#6 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

ya who would want our best defensive center to play the role of a defensive center. crazy talk.
Keslers been so very productive or healthy the last two seasons as well. He isn't gonna get any healthier or more productive. So there certainly would have been room for Cody on the Second line if you had a coach that didn't claim merit but actually play favourites..

having said that I like Kassian.

#7 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Actually there hasn't been a relevant Hodgson thread for several days, and I saw a bunch of Hodgson comments in threads recently, so I think this thread was actually appropriate. The author tries to make a point without trolling people and backs up his opinion. I'd rather read this thread than the 20x hysterical ones every time the Canucks lose.

Well done OP.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 28 February 2013 - 02:21 AM.

#8 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Here's a quick newsflash, why not have Kesler be the 3rd line center? With this stupid coach we have, Kesler basically becomes a 3rd line shut down player in playoffs, the 2nd line isn't the 2nd scoring line it is the shut down line, so why does Kesler play on the 2nd line?

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#9 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Here's a quick newsflash, why not have Kesler be the 3rd line center? With this stupid coach we have, Kesler basically becomes a 3rd line shut down player in playoffs, the 2nd line isn't the 2nd scoring line it is the shut down line, so why does Kesler play on the 2nd line?

What center do we have to play the 2nd line that can put up more pts than Kesler right now? That's pretty much the reason. We want secondary scoring on the 2nd line, and Kesler has the most offensive talent centerman-wise besides our captain.

That being said, now that Kesler is gone, perhaps we'll see Burrows again centering the 2nd line and Kassian with the Sedins?! Who knows.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 28 February 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#10 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

Going to have to agree with OP here as well.....and now that the Keshog is back in the ER We can go back to Kass on the first and when Kes is healthy ship his puck greedy ass outta here. After watching him play in his short time back I really see what so many others are saying. He not only doesnt like to pass , he actually thinks he can do it all himself :sadno: I am seriously over him.

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles, 28 February 2013 - 03:26 AM.

tumblr_mkgkbqrm4w1ry9vkao1_500.gif

The NHL DoPeS should enter politics. They lie with a straight face better than any politician in the world.

#11 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

possible trade or free agent

#12 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,521 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

I know that is not what Gillis said right after the trade which makes me wonder why this troll thread is allowed.

Hodgson is sandwiched between Kovulchuk and Henrik Sedin in league scoring and has more goals than all six Canuck center men - combined.

Gillis should have gone to a Dale Carnegie course or something before making Cody pay for the team's screw ups and his relationship with Winters.

Edited by nuck nit, 28 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#13 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Keep beatin er boyss...
Posted Image

#14 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

There is no justification for trading a guy immediately after he dared to ask for more ice time, because the player is not out of line for doing so.

Many players want a bigger role, and this request is very common.

#15 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

Lots of guys want more ice time, that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be traded. Gillis made a move as his way of dealing with the situation and as time goes on we'll see how that move works out for the team.

#16 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,383 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

Im not an expert on threads, but I would go out on a limb to say that there are probably 100 of these already

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.