The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malhotra Speaks With Media, Opens Up

Everybody Hates Raymond

I agree 100%. It seems a little interesting that he is speaking out the same day we find out we lose Kesler for 4-6weeks? Might have been better to just scratch Malhotra for the time being. Seeing as if we do activiate him now out of desperation the amount of criticism and some potential fines or something we'd be facing?

After watching the interview my view has changed somewhat.

You can tell Malhotra is completely against this move, and feels like he can play fine. He seemed to be holding back a bit too, like he wanted to give Gillis a piece of his mind.

It's only out of loyalty to this team that he's sticking around and not demanding a trade.

I find it really arrogant of Gillis to tell a player what they can and cannot do like that. Malhotra is the only guy that knows how he feels on the ice. And I bet the players lost a bit of respect for Gillis for doing this. Players don't like to be told they can't play when they know they can, especially by some suit who hasn't played the game in 30 years.

Definitely lost a bit of respect for Gillis. I knew he was controlling, but this went a bit too far. All for what? To free up a roster spot? Don't sign players that you don't plan on keeping on your roster, and then make up some lame excuse that they can't play anymore.

Malhotra has been given nothing but respect by the organization, the fans, his teamates.

It is not a benefit to have him playing on this hockey team, I am sorry he is not able to perform at the level needed and in a manner condusive to player safety.

I really liked the Malhotra signing and he fit right in with the team, a very solid addition to the Canucks, then he got seriously injured. He is not capable of playing like he had in the past and I am sorry to say he is not an option for the Canucks moving forward.

I understand people wondering if Malhotra has been wronged, been disrespected, or if management has gone about things in a " shady " manner. Please just educate yourselevs on the process of how we got to the Canucks shutting down Malhotra's season and his speaking out today.

It was made clear to Malhotra whe he was trying to come back from this injury what the Canucks could do, what the Canucks interests were and mostly it was made clear by management the opportunity they have given Malhotra to bounce back. It did not work. Thats real unfortunate, but its life.

For the life of me, people on here whine about players they call " plugs " etc and how the team needs to add strong pieces moving forward not having certain non-contributing elements. Yet Vancouver humanely shuts down Malhotra after going way out of their way to let him try and earn his spot on the team. And now people are unsure of how this was handled or are whining about how a player who does not fit in the club's plans right now whom is not contributing but a faceoff win here and there is likely being mistreated ?

Really ?

I am a Malhotra fan, but come on, have you guys not been watching him play ? he has justifiably been removed from the active roster.

I think Malhotra should have been given more of a chance, its still too early to let him go. Its really sad that he still skates with his team mates and wants to play but isnt allowed to. He is still great at face offs, and there has been a notable decline since he left. It makes you wonder if the decision was mostly about declining performance than concern for his health. I'm not saying Gillis doesnt care about his health of course just that it seems like the decision was more about removing a player who management believes cannot perform adequately anymore, but made it look like it was entirely a safety issue.

I actually wanted manny off this team last year when we had sammy phalsson, they were basically a very similar player. I felt it was redundant.

This year however i reconsidered, manny missed that san jose game and we looked bad in faceoffs and penalty killing.

When he has been out of the line up this season our PK and faceoffs have struggled, for that reason alone I think he should have stayed in the line up.

Unless gillis is actually literally scared hes such a danger to himself. For Pk and faceoff duties he played a great role, and while he makes about a million to much for those duties, i think we could be using him.

If Malhotra's health had been MG's major concern M. would never have been put back in the lineup after his eye injury. (Putting him into the lineup against Boston was absurd.)

- isn't it a bit odd we still have no idea how bad the eye is? Someone is hiding something.

Malhotra has been given nothing but respect by the organization, the fans, his teamates.

It is not a benefit to have him playing on this hockey team, I am sorry he is not able to perform at the level needed and in a manner condusive to player safety.

I really liked the Malhotra signing and he fit right in with the team, a very solid addition to the Canucks, then he got seriously injured. He is not capable of playing like he had in the past and I am sorry to say he is not an option for the Canucks moving forward.

I understand people wondering if Malhotra has been wronged, been disrespected, or if management has gone about things in a " shady " manner. Please just educate yourselevs on the process of how we got to the Canucks shutting down Malhotra's season and his speaking out today.

It was made clear to Malhotra whe he was trying to come back from this injury what the Canucks could do, what the Canucks interests were and mostly it was made clear by management the opportunity they have given Malhotra to bounce back. It did not work. Thats real unfortunate, but its life.

For the life of me, people on here whine about players they call " plugs " etc and how the team needs to add strong pieces moving forward not having certain non-contributing elements. Yet Vancouver humanely shuts down Malhotra after going way out of their way to let him try and earn his spot on the team. And now people are unsure of how this was handled or are whining about how a player who does not fit in the club's plans right now whom is not contributing but a faceoff win here and there is likely being mistreated ?

Really ?

I am a Malhotra fan, but come on, have you guys not been watching him play ? he has justifiably been removed from the active roster.

Archived