The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Malhotra Speaks With Media, Opens Up

Everybody Hates Raymond

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Malhotra speaks with the media for the first time since his announcement. http://instagr.am/p/WP4RK9NOAK/

"As a player, you miss being part of it." - Malhotra

"Being part of this organization and helping out in any way I can is the best option." - Malhotra

"Coaching aspect is something that is interesting, but I'll have to take a long look at it." - Malhotra

"Being here and playing in #Vancouver is like being part of a family". - Malhotra

Sekeres on Team 1040 just said that Manny is speaking now and said that he wants to play hockey and that he STRONGLY disagrees with Mike Gillis' decision to put him on injured reserve.

I don't think I've ever seen something like this. Potentially a huge embarrassment for this team...the decision I mean. Manny is all class.

Sekeres on Team 1040 just said that Manny is speaking now and said that he wants to play hockey and that he STRONGLY disagrees with Mike Gillis' decision to put him on injured reserve.

I don't think I've ever seen something like this. Potentially a huge embarrassment for this team...the decision I mean. Manny is all class.

I'm really starting to feel like our GM MG just pushed one of the classiest guys in the NHL to an early retirement. Has this ever happened before where a player retired on the decision by the team? Uggh, starting to think the organization needs a real shakeup. Sorry, just can't help sometimes feeling that way.

^^ That the decision to put him on injured reserve might have been based more on roster issues (ie Kes coming back) than injury issues or the team being concerned for his safety. I mean, there were already discussions about him practicing with the team today to possibly fill Volpatti's now vacant spot. That wouldn't look good on the team.

That the decision to put him on injured reserve might have been based more on roster issues (ie Kes coming back) than injury issues or the team being concerned for his safety. I mean, there were already discussions about him practicing with the team today to possibly fill Volpatti's now vacant spot. That wouldn't look good on the team. Especially if he continues to be vocal about being out.

Just because people here said it doesn't mean it was ever going to be true. First, MG already said Manny was out for the season & postseason but would be welcome to practice with them any time he wanted. AV said he might ask Manny to train the forewards in faceoffs. So, him being at practice had nothing to do with any roster spot. Second, I doubt the media thing was a last minute decision. I'm sure he planned to talk to the media today and he wouldn't have done that if he thought there was a chance he was coming back. Third, the NHL signed off on him being put on the injured list because they felt the Canucks did in fact have a valid reason for fearing for his safety. When has the NHL ever done us any favors?

The guy needed time to take it in that his career was done. Its totally understandable that he thinks he still has a shot at playing and I hope he does just not with the Canucks.

Think people are reading to much into him not being traded as well. He wants to be a Canuck firstly,if he cant have that he would have preffered to play. So who is to say the Canucks didnt make some calls? We wont know and if they did and people around the league said "Hell NO" how does that help Manny get better! They are protecting him and helping him adjust. Anger is always the first emotion you experience with a set back at this level.

Manny will get a contract this off season from a team for sure....and I am willing to say he will be so motivated to get back to himself.

I can see a team that is a potential contender sign Manny for the same reasons we did, faceoff's and his defensive play.

I'm really starting to feel like our GM MG just pushed one of the classiest guys in the NHL to an early retirement. Has this ever happened before where a player retired on the decision by the team? Uggh, starting to think the organization needs a real shakeup. Sorry, just can't help sometimes feeling that way.

Manny will get a contract this off season from a team for sure....and I am willing to say he will be so motivated to get back to himself.

I can see a team that is a potential contender sign Manny for the same reasons we did, faceoff's and his defensive play.

I said this the day MG announced Manny was done. It was such a shady move. I mean all of a sudden MG cared about Manny's health right when Kesler was set to return? C'MON people...This move was made only to make room for Kesler, such a scumbag move. Does MG think the fans are stupid?? How can a GM tell a player he's done when the player himself feels he can still play? I've never liked MG and this only makes me dislike him even more. CDC overrates this douchebag big time

Archived