Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

?

14 posts in this topic

If the Flames can get a good package for him and he'd be willing to move it would likely be in their best interest to pull the trigger.

That being said, it would be strange seeing him in another jersey. He's been the heart of that Calgary team for years.

Ken King recently stated the team has zero interest in moving Iginla, unless Iginla requests a trade. It's ownerships decision on this one, not Feasters.

Just the usual rumours we here nearing every deadline.

The Flames may make the playoffs this year.

Its not likely, but they might.

If bruins land him we might as well call it a season.

So teams are asking but no one actually has heard that the Flames are listening or that Iginla will waive his NTC? I'll wait until there's a little more to it before I worry about him going to a potential playoff competitor.

Hmmmmmmm If he did go to the Pens, I wonder who that frees up on their roster to trade.

Don't the Flames need a Goalie :bigblush:

All joking aside as much as I know Flames fans do not want this I think that to become relevant again Calgary has to trade Iggy, not because he isn't a good player but because he is really the only asset that Calgary has. They need to rebuild, and they need to do it badly! As much fun as it is to watch the Flames suck night in and night out I really want them to make the playoffs again and actually be a 'threat' to Vancouver. If we are going to 'lose' the Blackhawk Rivalry because of realignment then we need a new Rival and who better then one of our old rivals they just have to be good again for it to mean anything!

If they pull this offer sheet off, they'll likely need the cap space... Eastern-Iggy lands in PHI or BOS?

After today's events, I doubt they're gonna trade Iginla and hopelessly try to make the playoffs again.

They should try and nab one of Pittsburgh's D prospects.