#1 Vancouver Canucks 30

Vancouver Canucks 30

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

!

Edited by SSM30, 05 April 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#2 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

POPULAR

Luongo never asked for a trade, he said if Gillis came to him and asked him to waive his NTC he wouldn't say no.

Alot has changed since last season. if everyone knew Luongo was going to still be here and play like this there never would have been any issue

"It’s presumed that they could get better package of players for Schneider than for Luongo." -- this is true

#3 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

No doubt Schneider brings the better package, though it's Luongo on the block. He's never asked for a trade, just had a bad moment immediately following a playoff loss where he was probed by media and responded poorly.

Is it possible that Luongo stays and Schneider goes? Yes. Is it likely? No.

If Gillis wants to push 'all in' this year then yes, he trades Schneider, and probably our first to land a mega player.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

No doubt Schneider brings the better package, though it's Luongo on the block. He's never asked for a trade, just had a bad moment immediately following a playoff loss where he was probed by media and responded poorly.

Is it possible that Luongo stays and Schneider goes? Yes. Is it likely? No.

If Gillis wants to push 'all in' this year then yes, he trades Schneider, and probably our first to land a mega player.

You summarized it rather nicely.

I wonder how many teams have been poking around Luongo lately.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

You summarized it rather nicely.

I wonder how many teams have been poking around Luongo lately.

Maybe not with the right deal, but Florida for sure, and the Tampa Bay Yzermans must have been at least asking around.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#6 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Maybe not with the right deal, but Florida for sure, and the Tampa Bay Yzermans must have been at least asking around.

It doesn't hurt to have two top flight goaltenders, but I'd like to see other areas of the team improved. Hopefully Gillis can improve this team sooner than later. That being said, the only way I see Cory being traded is if Luongo decides he doesn't want to leave.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

I think Gillis will probably keep both for the rest of the season and trade Luongo in the off-season. I can't see keeping Luongo over Schneider in this market the way it is.

#8 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

After all this dicking around with Schneider, he's obviously not stoked on the way its been handled. What if we trade Luongo, and then Schneider chooses to entertain free agency and some other team makes a ridiculous offer he cant refuse.

Then we'd be looking really silly for trading Luongo and then losing Schneider. More than silly, we'd be effed completely.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#9 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I think Gillis would trade Schneider if Luongo would agree to stay long-term.

The difference in trade value between Schneider and Luongo is greater than the difference in value that they bring to the team. Schneider has a far greater trade value given his age, contract status and lack of NTC. But Luongo, arguably, provides just as much hockey value as Schneider does for the next few years.

Trading Schneider would net not only a more valuable return; it would also allow Gillis to target a return that specifically addresses the team's needs. If Schneider were put on the block, Gillis would likely get several offers from many different teams. Gillis could not only work the bidders for the highest possible value in return; he could also pick and choose amongst the offers to get exactly what the team needs. Perhaps that would be a young, emerging star defenseman who happens to be a RH shot, such as John Carlson. Or perhaps it would be an established, point-producing forward.

Luongo has a much lesser trade value. First, his contract status and age put off many potential suitors. And then there's also Lu's ability to limit the group of potential trade partners with his NTC. In result, there are far fewer teams who are interested in Luongo, which is likely why this process is dragging on. Gillis is likely targeting a specific return, but hasn't yet been offered it, as there just aren't many suitors.

So if Luongo can be convinced to stick around, why not keep him? Would you rather have Luongo and Schneider, only one of whom can play at a time? Or would you rather have Luongo plus Carlson and Neuvirth? How about Luongo plus Voracek +?

#10 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

POPULAR

This golaie situation is just brutal, I'm not a fan of it. I don't think either goalie can feel a great passion for a team that doesn't allow them the chance to get into a groove or to redeem themselves after a loss. Please MG just trade one already.

Edited by hsedin33, 28 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#11 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

This golaie situation is just brutal, I'm not a fan of it. I don't think either goalie can feel a great passion for a team that doesn't allow them the chance to get into a groove or to redeem themselves after a loss. Please MG just trade one already.

True.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#12 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

The biggest reason I think Lu is ready to stay here is he sees how poor Florida, Washington, and NYI are doing, 3 teams that have probably humored GM with offers this late in the season. Why would he go to a team knowing that he will not be in the playoffs this year, and probably not the year after either? He has a good thing going in vancouver:
1. Record holder in almost all goalie stats.
2. A love for the city; loves the seawall, bc lotto sponsorship, all his charity work, etc.
3. On a perennial cup contender.
4. Has slowly become the "good guy" again.
5. Good friends with a lot of the team, Florida has few players that were there when he was on the team before.

I think it is highly unlikely he waives his NTC now as opposed to before the lockout.

Schneider on the other hand has more reason to want to be traded. Let the young goalie go to a young up and coming team like Florida or NYI, and for a better return. If Lu starts to faulter later in his contract, the cap should be high enough that getting a new #1 shouldn't be an issue.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#13 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,924 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Without Schneider, Luongo is back under the gun and we all know how that story goes.

#14 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Without Schneider, Luongo is back under the gun and we all know how that story goes.

I've watched enough videos, read enough articles, seen enough @strombone, heard enough interviews to follow this guy til the end of his career. He can handle it. Him and the Sedins are the players I want to see win a stanley cup more than anyone in this league and I would love to see them win it together. Schneider will get his chance. Honestly, I think Schneider has done a poorer job at being the villain than Lu ever did.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#15 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

As for ot asking for a trade, MG said he would consider keeping Lu if Lu came came to him and said he wants to stay. Ignore the obvious if you choose to but that is a pretty strong admission from the GM that the guy wants to go elsewhere.

Lu may be willing to stay with Vancouver because of his relationship with the team but he also would like to be closer to his family in FLorida. I can't see him agreeing to stay longe term unless AV goes. Maybe MG too.

#16 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,924 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I've watched enough videos, read enough articles, seen enough @strombone, heard enough interviews to follow this guy til the end of his career. He can handle it. Him and the Sedins are the players I want to see win a stanley cup more than anyone in this league and I would love to see them win it together. Schneider will get his chance. Honestly, I think Schneider has done a poorer job at being the villain than Lu ever did.

you've done no more than anyone else..........there is absolutely nothing to suggest that once Schneids is gone that Lu would not fall back into the same complacency and experience the same meltdowns as he has every other year except the first year he was here

#17 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I think Gillis would trade Schneider if Luongo would agree to stay long-term.

The difference in trade value between Schneider and Luongo is greater than the difference in value that they bring to the team. Schneider has a far greater trade value given his age, contract status and lack of NTC. But Luongo, arguably, provides just as much hockey value as Schneider does for the next few years.

Trading Schneider would net not only a more valuable return; it would also allow Gillis to target a return that specifically addresses the team's needs. If Schneider were put on the block, Gillis would likely get several offers from many different teams. Gillis could not only work the bidders for the highest possible value in return; he could also pick and choose amongst the offers to get exactly what the team needs. Perhaps that would be a young, emerging star defenseman who happens to be a RH shot, such as John Carlson. Or perhaps it would be an established, point-producing forward.

Luongo has a much lesser trade value. First, his contract status and age put off many potential suitors. And then there's also Lu's ability to limit the group of potential trade partners with his NTC. In result, there are far fewer teams who are interested in Luongo, which is likely why this process is dragging on. Gillis is likely targeting a specific return, but hasn't yet been offered it, as there just aren't many suitors.

So if Luongo can be convinced to stick around, why not keep him? Would you rather have Luongo and Schneider, only one of whom can play at a time? Or would you rather have Luongo plus Carlson and Neuvirth? How about Luongo plus Voracek +?

Well said Mookie Wilson. Is Lee Mazilli hanging around with you these days?

Edited by The-Impersonator, 28 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#18 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO all I have to say

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO all I have to say

Gillis getting lots of calls for Schneider =/= Gillis will trade Schneider.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#20 We Are All Cucks

We Are All Cucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

The difference in trade value between Schneider and Luongo is greater than the difference in value that they bring to the team.

Well put. I do agree with the statement, but it may not take into consideration potential upside. Schneider's value to any team is (likely) going to consistently rise whereas Luongo's may have brief fluctuations up and down (this year appears to be an upswing) but will ultimately go down long term.

#21 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Schneider + booth/Ray + hamhuis
For
Neuvy + poti/hamrlik(both Ufa) + backstrom.

I would prefer to keep raymond
Backstrom can center ... move kes to wing... he would do wonders with bwckstrom feeding him

#22 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

For

Backstrom can center ... move kes to wing... he would do wonders with bwckstrom feeding him

Any other dman, Hamhuis is the Nucks best dman.
Backstrom would be sweet, team Sweden. Can't see Caps moving him, #1 centre

#23 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Any other dman, Hamhuis is the Nucks best dman.
Backstrom would be sweet, team Sweden. Can't see Caps moving him, #1 centre

That's y I put hamhuis ... u gotta give a lot to get a guy like backstrom. I think edler is our best dman, tough up and down season for him tho so far

#24 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Schneider, Kesler, Booth

for

Backstrom, Alzner/Carlsson

Posted Image

#25 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

This is true. If I was MG, I'd keep Schneider, even though I could get more for him.

In some ways, being the "back-up" this year, Luongo has been placed in the same position as Schneids last year. Schneider is getting the brunt of the blame now, rather than Luongo. But I agree that IF Schneider was moved, Luongo would face the same amount of pressure as years past - and that hasn't gone too well. So. Trade Lu - get whatever "fair" value you can, and keep Schneids and allow him to develop into the No. 1 goalie. He's paid his dues for goodness sakes.

The longer MG waits, the more he screws this up with Luongo. The cap comes down next year, and MG can't afford to keep both Schneids and Luongo. GM's around the league know that. And MG won't be able to get good offers if he waits to that point. He needs to deal by trade deadline, or else Luongo's value goes down.

#26 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

POPULAR

Schneider, Kesler, Booth

for

Backstrom, Alzner/Carlsson

No.

You want to give the Capitals an up and coming goalie in Schneider, a Selke winner in Kesler, and top six forward for Backstrom (unmotivated), and Alzner? If I was MG, I'd want a little more if I'm going to give them a No. 1 goalie, a Selke winner, and a top six forward. LOL.

#27 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

No.

You want to give the Capitals an up and coming goalie in Schneider, a Selke winner in Kesler, and top six forward for Backstrom (unmotivated), and Alzner? If I was MG, I'd want a little more if I'm going to give them a No. 1 goalie, a Selke winner, and a top six forward. LOL.

You severely underate Alzner and Carlson my friend. They're like what, 21 or something and they're able to shut down guys like Crosby/Malkin etc.

Put one of them with Edler, and you have one of the best pairings in the league. Kesler is overrated, he hasn't been the same since 2 years ago. Booth has no trade value, why do you think he went for Samuelsson and Sturm? LOL

Gives us flexibility on the cap too, maybe make a run for Perry/Iginla/Getzlaf.

Posted Image

#28 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Not much of a "report" really. More of the same recycled not-quite-news.

#29 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

For

Oh boy, where to start. I think I'll just go with one of these :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#30 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,054 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Oh boy, where to start. I think I'll just go with one of these :picard:

How would u change it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.