• Announcements

• Templeton Peck

BOARD SPECIFIC RULES   02/05/2016

These are board specific rules, meant to try to make the Trades and Free Agent Signings forum better for everyone. YOU MUST READ AND ABIDE BY THESE FORUM RULES.

1. If an event happens, wait a few minutes before posting, in all likelihood, someone has already posted it. We don't want numerous threads on the same event, so please search before posting.

2. Please provide a clearly identifiable topic title for your thread so that user's can search for and find the appropriate thread easily. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate. This is to help avoid duplicate threads and to make searching easier. For any and all comments, please use the Topic Description box instead of the title.

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriately label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources: Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Hockeybuzz, Spector's Hockey and The Fourth Period are currently acceptable sources.

The NHL Line, Brochu is Hockey and NHL Hockey News by saint Pako are currently invalid sources.

4. Clearly misrepresenting the contents of your thread or posting false Trades/Signings/Acquisitions to send the forum into a frenzy will be taken very seriously and will result in an automatic suspension.

5. Please put all proposals into the proposals forum and NOT this forum. Proposals found in this forum will be moved or deleted without warning.

6. Please report any threads or messages that violate these or other board rules to the administrators or moderators() Do not respond by posting spammy messages such as 'IBTL', and 'LOCK AND BAN', or by attacking other users. The report button is located to the bottom left of every post.

Thank you for your co-operation and please PM one of the Moderators or Administrators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

!

664 posts in this topic

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

Dude. Did you not watch the playoffs last year? Couturier shut down EVGENI MALKIN and did a fine job of it too. Of course he's ready, more than ready actually.

If I were MG and he considered trading schneider than I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Carlson, or Couturier.

To Wash

Schneider

Raymond

Weise

To Van

Carlson

Brouwer

Neuvirth

OR

To Philly

Schneider

Ballard

Raymond

To Van

Couturier

Coburn

2nd

I'd take the Washington -trade any time, but doubt it can be done.

But the one with Philly makes no sense for them, and I do believe they are right up against the cap and we come in second. So we would have to match $ for $ what they give us and what we send there. And that trade would put the about 7$ Million over the cap max. This without looking into numbers too closely, just a circa. So that can't happen

If I was a GM I'd want Cory over Roberto too,

Cheaper, younger, more upside, better contract, etc etc etc.

It would only work if Philly was buying out Bryz.

Simply put, Luongo is the better goalie in all facets of the game and RIGHT NOW he gives the Canucks a better chance to win a Cup than Schneider does.

That being said, I hope MG lets AV roll both goalies in a tandem, at least up until the deadline if not until next season. We've seen a lot of goalies already injured this season due to the nature of the shortened season, and an injury to a goalie on a Canuck team that relies so heavily on that area of the game would be brutal.

This goalie drama is getting to the point where it is ridiculous. Gillis better trade Luongo in the off-season I could see a deal involving Tampa with Brett Conollly coming back in the deal.

Luongo, Ballard, 3rd to Florida for Markstrom,Mathias, and Strachan.

Just trade a goalie already Jesus Christ. If this keeps up they will both be worth crap in the off season. How can you get on your game when your sharing time?

And unlike before, its not like there is friendly competition btw the goalies...now its more like play well or you will be traded to Florida...or Toronto.

And even scary threats like that aren't getting through on some nights cuz they already got no. 1 goalie contracts. :picard:

The goalies are sick of it, the fans are sick of it, and other teams GM's are prolly sick of it too. Pretty sure they are all past that point where they were supposed to be desperate for a goalie and come running to the nucks.

MG is playing it cool like two goalies are gonna work to our benefit, but really its screwing us over and will be much much worse next year with the cap going down (other Gm's will have more leverage on Gillis). Its not like we are trying to trade Ovechkin Crosby here (true superstar); we can't really be fleeced that bad when the goalie market seems to have set and accepted Luongo's price. MG is the only one fighting it at this point.

Did you see Luongos past few games? And have you seen Corys last few games? What would make you think that?

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

Yeah no kidding, trade Luongo for a really good depth forward that can play 2nd/3rd line and we are already ahead. Anything above that is just gravy.

Yeah no kidding, trade Luongo for a really good depth forward that can play 2nd/3rd line and we are already ahead. Anything above that is just gravy.

Luongo never asked for a trade, he said if Gillis came to him and asked him to waive his NTC he wouldn't say no.

Alot has changed since last season. if everyone knew Luongo was going to still be here and play like this there never would have been any issue

"It’s presumed that they could get better package of players for Schneider than for Luongo." -- this is true

So then what about Roberto's first few games and Cory's first few. A sample of 5 games doesn't read into who the better player is. I'm not voting one way or the other as they're both fantastic, but since Cory is actually moveable I'd say to trade him for a better return.