The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

If I were MG and he considered trading schneider than I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Carlson, or Couturier.

To Wash

Schneider

Raymond

Weise

To Van

Carlson

Brouwer

Neuvirth

OR

To Philly

Schneider

Ballard

Raymond

To Van

Couturier

Coburn

2nd

I'd take the Washington -trade any time, but doubt it can be done.

But the one with Philly makes no sense for them, and I do believe they are right up against the cap and we come in second. So we would have to match $ for $ what they give us and what we send there. And that trade would put the about 7$ Million over the cap max. This without looking into numbers too closely, just a circa. So that can't happen

Simply put, Luongo is the better goalie in all facets of the game and RIGHT NOW he gives the Canucks a better chance to win a Cup than Schneider does.

That being said, I hope MG lets AV roll both goalies in a tandem, at least up until the deadline if not until next season. We've seen a lot of goalies already injured this season due to the nature of the shortened season, and an injury to a goalie on a Canuck team that relies so heavily on that area of the game would be brutal.

Just trade a goalie already Jesus Christ. If this keeps up they will both be worth crap in the off season. How can you get on your game when your sharing time?

And unlike before, its not like there is friendly competition btw the goalies...now its more like play well or you will be traded to Florida...or Toronto.

And even scary threats like that aren't getting through on some nights cuz they already got no. 1 goalie contracts. :picard:

The goalies are sick of it, the fans are sick of it, and other teams GM's are prolly sick of it too. Pretty sure they are all past that point where they were supposed to be desperate for a goalie and come running to the nucks.

MG is playing it cool like two goalies are gonna work to our benefit, but really its screwing us over and will be much much worse next year with the cap going down (other Gm's will have more leverage on Gillis). Its not like we are trying to trade Ovechkin Crosby here (true superstar); we can't really be fleeced that bad when the goalie market seems to have set and accepted Luongo's price. MG is the only one fighting it at this point.

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

Luongo never asked for a trade, he said if Gillis came to him and asked him to waive his NTC he wouldn't say no.

Alot has changed since last season. if everyone knew Luongo was going to still be here and play like this there never would have been any issue

"It’s presumed that they could get better package of players for Schneider than for Luongo." -- this is true

Archived