• Announcements

• Templeton Peck

BOARD SPECIFIC RULES   02/05/2016

These are board specific rules, meant to try to make the Trades and Free Agent Signings forum better for everyone. YOU MUST READ AND ABIDE BY THESE FORUM RULES.

1. If an event happens, wait a few minutes before posting, in all likelihood, someone has already posted it. We don't want numerous threads on the same event, so please search before posting.

2. Please provide a clearly identifiable topic title for your thread so that user's can search for and find the appropriate thread easily. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate. This is to help avoid duplicate threads and to make searching easier. For any and all comments, please use the Topic Description box instead of the title.

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriately label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].

3. All trades, signings, rumours and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread.

The following are NOT considered valid sources: Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Hockeybuzz, Spector's Hockey and The Fourth Period are currently acceptable sources.

The NHL Line, Brochu is Hockey and NHL Hockey News by saint Pako are currently invalid sources.

4. Clearly misrepresenting the contents of your thread or posting false Trades/Signings/Acquisitions to send the forum into a frenzy will be taken very seriously and will result in an automatic suspension.

5. Please put all proposals into the proposals forum and NOT this forum. Proposals found in this forum will be moved or deleted without warning.

6. Please report any threads or messages that violate these or other board rules to the administrators or moderators() Do not respond by posting spammy messages such as 'IBTL', and 'LOCK AND BAN', or by attacking other users. The report button is located to the bottom left of every post.

Thank you for your co-operation and please PM one of the Moderators or Administrators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

!

664 posts in this topic

Oh, don't worry. Once they're confident he can play, Luongo will be a likely move to a team that needs established goaltending now.

I took that to mean Hey Gillis, pull the trigger - not Hey Gillis, you're fired!

I'd have no problem with a Schneider over Luongo trade.

There is one difference between them:

Luongo has proven that he sometimes gets lit up in the playoffs - and didn't win "us" a cup.

Schneider is pretty much equal to Luongo come regular season time - both very good goaltenders.

However, Schneider has not been "unproven" in the playoffs. Luongo has.

In actuality the team in front of the goalie needs to provide better D and more offense.

Schneider gone or Luongo gone doesn't make a difference.

Trade who ever gets the better return

Is it time for us to make Schneider Trade Thread 1.0?

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?

Who do you rather have instead of Mike Gillis then?

If his team misses the playoffs next year, what happens to that GM??

If he fails who replaces him? and if he fails then what? We hire a new gm every year?

Why are Canucks fans so retarded, and whois the one that gave you the plus 1? even more retarded.

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?

If he fails who replaces him? and if he fails then what? We hire a new gm every year?

Why are Canucks fans so retarded, and whois the one that gave you the plus 1? even more retarded.

Can you make Schneider Trade Thread 1.0?

I think he meant that Gillis should just "pull the trigger" on a deal already. Don't think he wants MG fired...

Why are people throwing our American league players into the pot to sweeten it in an attempt to fleece some dumb GM?

Come on folks, get real eh!

Don't want to see Gillis fired...at least not yet anyways. AV on the other hand...

Its hard to want to see schneider get traded, but he is the easier goalie to trade and will get something to help us win now. When we signed Luongo to 12 years that all but spelt the end to schneider in a round a bout way.

We had Lack aswell, so we could groom Lack for a couple years and then Connata. We have 2 #1 nhl goalies and 2 promising younger goalies.

Run with the veteran who has proven for almost a decade he is a nhl #1 goalie and trade the younger goalie on a shorter contract.

I dont want us to have to take a crap offer for Luo in the summer because we need to get cap compliant, or buy a pllayer or 2 out that doesnt really help much either. Looks like both goalies stay for now, but we definitely have holes on this team

But no team is going to give up a high end return for either goalie. IF i was an nhl gm i would know that and wait the canucks out. Miller might be available in summer, I see him maybe going to Detroit. Backstrom is a FA. Khabibulin is and could help split games with a young goalie.

B.Schenn talbot leighton for schneider and raymond pick/prospect

we need help now, both these players address our needs, do we take slightly less or add to the above deal to help us have a more rounded team for the playoffs?

Yes its unlikely with bryzgalov their, but like i posted before, its cheaper for philly to eat say 1-2m of his salary each year and trade him to a team like say tampa and they would only have to pay are 3.6-4ish million per season.

Next year? Did you see the standings? That's right: Vancouver are one point from sitting 9th.

Ok, ...

So any team that is not above 8th place the gm needs to be fired? Please tell me your kidding right? so every year we should be seeing 15 new gms in the leauge???? idiot Canucks fans everywere.

I'm curious, all Gillis haters, who do you suggest should be our next gm? I wanna see the dumb responses.

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?