The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

as i haven't had any discussions with general managers from around the league i can't be sure which teams would have interest. but that's irrelevant at this point. if they're in the market for a goaltender, they'll be willing to give up more for schneider than for luongo. and even if they won't cough up that much for schneider, it's still te better move because it still improves your team more.

Cory's the future goalie here. Lu will be traded - I think Gillis' demand in return for Lu will be less than what it's been. He needs to get him off the team. It'll be good for Cory and his continued development. He was supposed to be the No. 1 in this shortened season, but management hasn't exactly dealt with the situation that great.

I think if anything. This situation has stalled Cory's development.

I'm still hoping for FLA to give us Gudbranson for Lu and whatever else they want.

we can only hope but if he puts up good numbers in a market like vancouver then becomes a UFA...you can bet a team like st louis or tampa or even calgary or edmonton are going to throw a stupid amount of money at him. If we dont match we risk losing big time...no assets for cory and very little in the lu trade....I dunno. Its very shaky right now...im nervous.

VAN would either have cory resign to an extension or they would trade him for a return. Seriously he a UFA in three years, every team has multiple UFA's on it. Teams don't just let high assets walk off the team for nothing how is this even a concern. The only way cory is demanding 6-7 mil is if he has one us the cup and if thats the case he would deserve it

I just look at calgary's shot at o'reilly.....I'm just saying. Three years in our market getting slammed ...doesnt want to resign with us....then gets an offer sheet. Could go bad. But...lets hope your right and I'm wrong.

With Rhinne and Mason playing some serious sub par hockey these days, perhaps a Weber trade is more plausible...

In the summer when Weber becomes eligible for a trade:

VAN

Weber

NSH

Schneider

Edler

Ballard

Raymond

1st

VAN would either have cory resign to an extension or they would trade him for a return. Seriously he a UFA in three years, every team has multiple UFA's on it. Teams don't just let high assets walk off the team for nothing how is this even a concern. The only way cory is demanding 6-7 mil is if he has one us the cup and if thats the case he would deserve it

I don't want Gillis to make a move that doesn't make sense for the team.

Make a deal, not for deal's sake, but something that improves the club in the now, and also in the future.

Lu moved --> makes sense. In a cap system, it makes sense financially to retain Schneids. This year has been crazy with the goaltending aspect. Next season. Needs to be Schneider starting 80 percent of the time. Luongo CANNOT be on this team by this time next year. I can't see Schneider staying in Vancouver, if he's being treated like this. 27 years old, and haven't been given the opportunities to be No. 1 goalie.

Trade Luongo. The longer this plays out, the bigger the mistake becomes by keeping Lu.

Gillis needs to move on it.

I've always preferred to see a Schneider trade, as it's sure to be a better return for the team. I also have a lot of faith in Luongo. There's no reason to think he won't give us more excellent goaltending for the next 5 years. Even the greatest goalies of all time get lit up every now and then. We shouldn't be so quick to discard our starter when it happens.

In 7 Canuck seasons, his GAA has always been within 2.11-2.57 and his SV% has always been within .913-.928. The only other goalies I can find with comparable numbers and consistency are Brodeur, Lundqvist and barely Rinne.

Ward doesn't measure up. Neither does Fleury, Kipper, Price, Miller, Backstrom and a tonne of others. Some goalies have hot seasons here and there (Mason, Elliott, Anderson), but to know that your 65-game starter is going to give you 40 wins, a 2.30 GAA and .920 SV% year after year after year is too valuable to give up.

Cory Schneider trade thread 1.0

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

Archived