The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm gonna give it a go - any mileage will be movement. The second last b in the 'eat cobb' was the 'clincher', so to speak. Americano option. Will start a little early so I'm back from my walk by "puck drop". Full report pending on the bm.

Muy bueno. Danke vielmals.

Oh. NO!

first-world-problem-on-the-toilet-and-smartphones_large.jpg

Well the fact is this: Luongo, with his massive contract, will be very tough to move. It will be far easier to move Schneider.

Secondly, people are saying what the Canucks need is a second-line centre and maybe another defenseman. That asking price is too low for a goalie like Luongo - in a deal with him, I'd ask for someone like Shea Weber or Sidney Crosby.

But I would be open to scenarios like this:

Schneider and Higgins to Tampa Bay for Garon, Connolley and Thompson or Malone. Solid trade, can help Tampa's goaltending dramatically for a reasonable deal. Grants Vancouver much needed depth up front, because someone like Thompson can be a very effective checking-line forward and Connolley can help provide secondary scoring.

I'm remembering a lot of posts you made to the effect that if the Canucks traded Luongo, it would be a disaster, and that Schneider was destined to fail without Luo propping him up.

Now you're suggesting he is virtually untouchable - or as valuable as one of the closest to untouchable young assets in the NHL.

So essentially, you've completely changed your mind about Schneider, no?

Big of you to admit you were wrong.

Archived