The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The way the Canucks are built I think it's foolish not to trade Schneider. The Canucks are built for now and it's not like Schneider is a 21 year old kid who can play as our goalie for the next 13 years. To me it makes perfect sense to trade Schneider and get some future star up front who can take the torch from the Sedins. The Sedins are on the declined and we can all agree the Canucks can't score right now. I understand we have injuries but we do have healthy Sedins and Burrows. Luongo is good enough for now and I'd like to think he could help groom Lack to be our future #1. We could buy Lu out at 37-38 and hopefully Lack can take over.

The way the Canucks are built I think it's foolish not to trade Schneider. The Canucks are built for now and it's not like Schneider is a 21 year old kid who can play as our goalie for the next 13 years. To me it makes perfect sense to trade Schneider and get some future star up front who can take the torch from the Sedins. The Sedins are on the declined and we can all agree the Canucks can't score right now. I understand we have injuries but we do have healthy Sedins and Burrows. Luongo is good enough for now and I'd like to think he could help groom Lack to be our future #1. We could buy Lu out at 37-38 and hopefully Lack can take over.

What a contradicting paragraph?

First of all who is this future star we can trade Cory for?

Second no cory isn't 21 he's only 27 so if he plays till 37-38 like you assume Luo will play that's, 10-11 years of solid goaltending.

Also Lack isn't some 21 year old stud either. He's 25 and coming off hip surgery.

CBJ has Bobrovsky, younger than and shown he's capable of playing lights out. Why would CBJ give up a future player to replace a goalie they don't need to replace.

WPG has Pavelec, they just signed him long term and he's been everything their team needs. Cory's not that much of an upgrade that team would be better with him and the loss of Kane.

NJ has to pay Marty 5 mil next season. A team which is extremely low on cash is not going to spend 9 mil on goaltending next season.

0/3

Your the one who said we can get this future star. Cory has high trade value but in order to get his true value you need a team willing to pay that price. Just because cory is an upgrade to a teams current goalie doesn't mean they'd be willing to sell the farm to acquire him.

The way you're making it sound is like no team in the NHL could use a goalie. The 3 teams I named could use it. Brobosky has played great but lets see how the rest of his year goes. New Jersey needs to start thinking about what they're going to do after next year. Good goalies don't just come by every day. Winnipeg has one of the worst goals against. They have a rich owner and they can afford to spend some money. I'm sure we could agree that Pavelec isn't in the same ball park as Schneider.

I agree cory is a better goalie than Pavelec, but is WPG a better team with Cory in net minus Kane? Not only that what are they going to do with having Pavelec signed with a cap hit at 3.9 million till 2016? Buy him out? Trade him for scraps? So in essence your saying Cory's value is worth Kane and Pavelec.

IF we trade Schneider, it will be for a ridiculous return. If I were Gillis I would push for Tavares, Streit and Neidereitter for Schneider, Ballard and the Canucks 2013 1st round draft pick.

I would prefer Kesler when he comes back to focus on the 3rd line C position and get back to his Selke form, and let Tavares anchor the 2nd line.

Archived