The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Schneider trade thread 1.0

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

It appears that is what the hockey world thinks. I must say that I disagree though... luongo has an extremely cap friendly contract.

Take a look at the list of to 15 paid goalies, he's the best and cheaper than about 7-8 of them I think. And when he's 40 and wants to retire u don't think the organization can make up an injury to place him on ir?? They just did it with Manny and freed up 2.5 million. They put him on ir because he can't play to the same llevel ... luongo can easily say his groin is bothering him

Being cap friendly it gave us room to add Higgins and lappy who helped us a lot on the cup run.

Also... they took a 2.5 million dollar cap hit off with Manny saying he's too injured to play. Even though the guy can play... just not up to his 2.5. I'm sure they'll say luongo hurt his groin or something when he's 40

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

I can see the merits in keeping either one and trading the other. I also think we should keep both until the end of the post season. I think it'll be Luongo who goes during the draft for a first round pick (Drouin, please), but if there is a huge (one sided) move proposed for either of them, it should be taken ASAP (I'm talking Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos and 1st overall 2013 for Schneider and maybe Kesler kind of territory - so not likely).

Archived