• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

!

664 posts in this topic

This golaie situation is just brutal, I'm not a fan of it. I don't think either goalie can feel a great passion for a team that doesn't allow them the chance to get into a groove or to redeem themselves after a loss. Please MG just trade one already.

Cory Schneider trade thread 1.0

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

man, if you're that good at making predictions, please tell me what tech will be like 5 years from now.

man, if you're that good at making predictions, please tell me what tech will be like 5 years from now.

Unfair question and you know that the possibility exists that Schneider will be traded and that it is in fact, more likely since his contract is more trade friendly than Luongo's.

Seems like they were, that and more maturation from there then current stars.

Unfair question and you know that the possibility exists that Schneider will be traded and that it is in fact, more likely since his contract is more trade friendly than Luongo's.

Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook....no stars on the Blackhawks roster, you nailed that one :bigblush:

Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook....no stars on the Blackhawks roster, you nailed that one :bigblush:

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

It appears that is what the hockey world thinks. I must say that I disagree though... luongo has an extremely cap friendly contract.

Take a look at the list of to 15 paid goalies, he's the best and cheaper than about 7-8 of them I think. And when he's 40 and wants to retire u don't think the organization can make up an injury to place him on ir?? They just did it with Manny and freed up 2.5 million. They put him on ir because he can't play to the same llevel ... luongo can easily say his groin is bothering him

Cap friendly yes. Length and structural term no. He'll remain a Canuck because of it and none other than I is more happy about it.

Being cap friendly it gave us room to add Higgins and lappy who helped us a lot on the cup run.

Also... they took a 2.5 million dollar cap hit off with Manny saying he's too injured to play. Even though the guy can play... just not up to his 2.5. I'm sure they'll say luongo hurt his groin or something when he's 40

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

I can see the merits in keeping either one and trading the other. I also think we should keep both until the end of the post season. I think it'll be Luongo who goes during the draft for a first round pick (Drouin, please), but if there is a huge (one sided) move proposed for either of them, it should be taken ASAP (I'm talking Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos and 1st overall 2013 for Schneider and maybe Kesler kind of territory - so not likely).