Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
663 replies to this topic

#301 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Ok, ...

So any team that is not above 8th place the gm needs to be fired? Please tell me your kidding right? so every year we should be seeing 15 new gms in the leauge???? idiot Canucks fans everywere.

I'm curious, all Gillis haters, who do you suggest should be our next gm? I wanna see the dumb responses.

Nothing about Gillis getting fired. Was a specific response to you regarding the standings and a general response regarding a Schneider trade sooner rather than later.

#302 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

I wonder if there are any "Suters" around to replace AV...

#303 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

I wonder if the goalie situation is an issue in the locker room as it's made out to be by the media. I don't agree that a trade has to occur to end this media hyped goalie controversy. The Oilers had the best tandem in Fuhr and Moog then Ranford and that situation took them to win it all.

#304 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I wonder if the goalie situation is an issue in the locker room as it's made out to be by the media. I don't agree that a trade has to occur to end this media hyped goalie controversy. The Oilers had the best tandem in Fuhr and Moog then Ranford and that situation took them to win it all.

There is no goaltender conspiracy. All media fabricated.

#305 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

The champ is starting tmrw as per team 1040. Ffs mg trade Cory before his value falls
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#306 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

Cory's the future goalie here. Lu will be traded - I think Gillis' demand in return for Lu will be less than what it's been. He needs to get him off the team. It'll be good for Cory and his continued development. He was supposed to be the No. 1 in this shortened season, but management hasn't exactly dealt with the situation that great.

I think if anything. This situation has stalled Cory's development.

I'm still hoping for FLA to give us Gudbranson for Lu and whatever else they want.

#307 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I wrote Santa and asked for a matthias 1st(4th overall nichuskin) type return for luongo or a couturier 1st type return for Schneider Raymond. Can't wait till deadline day to see what centreman falls out of my chimney:)

Lindy would put a smile on my face too.

#308 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

i refuse to give up on schneider.

lu, and someone else for courturier + pick.

#309 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,631 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Cory's the future goalie here. Lu will be traded - I think Gillis' demand in return for Lu will be less than what it's been. He needs to get him off the team. It'll be good for Cory and his continued development. He was supposed to be the No. 1 in this shortened season, but management hasn't exactly dealt with the situation that great.

I'm still hoping for FLA to give us Gudbranson for Lu and whatever else they want.

He was given chances to take the #1 spot. But he's been outplayed by Lu. Why trade the better and more proven goalie? Makes absolutely no sense to trade Lu. Cory can develop on a another team, one that's core can develop with him.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

#310 Disaronno

Disaronno

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yes, trade away the goaltender who is actually winning games.

P.S - Gudbranson doesn't help us right now, he wouldn't make us better.

homeland_zpscbb5fad2.jpg

||||| 1190007304.png CDC STHS GM ||||| small.png CDCFL GM ||||| 

#311 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

It's not so much about giving up on him as it is giving up on a sufficient return for luongo. I'm hoping mg can still pull it off but we got pretty close to the panic button there. With the last 2 wins and ebbett having a great game it's buying MG a little time to sift through the best offers and make the best decision for the future of this club.. It could be we make a smaller trade to bridge us to the offseason. I'm not sure I agree with that but we have an abundance of wingers and healthy defenseman that could be swapped for a 3rd line C

#312 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Yet you give up on Luongo like there's no tomorrow. If Schneider were to stay, will you try to kick him out of town once Lack shows a little bit of an indication he could possibly be a number one in the NHL? Deplorable.

#313 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Yes. Blame Luongo for that too. Why not.

#314 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

maybe your right but the smarter thing to do is ship out cory since he will bring more value and in essance that will help expand are stanley cup window he might be usefull for next 10 but are chance is now

#315 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

maybe your right but the smarter thing to do is ship out cory since he will bring more value and in essance that will help expand are stanley cup window he might be usefull for next 10 but are chance is now

Can someone please explain to me where this more value comes from? Yes it makes sense, cory's contact and age should provide a bigger return, but there is no goalie market. Which team can provide the assets and would make sense for them to trade? I'm yet to hear a reasonable argument for this.

#316 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

How do we know it's not just Strombone1 making crank calls?

Sig too big. -SN

#317 tonimator#19

tonimator#19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

After much debate the end result has to be Luongo traded.

There is just too much bad history and baggage.

examples:
1) bad attitude towards team mates playing poor defence
2) stanley cup finals comments that fired up boston
3) stanley cup finals meltdown in games 3,4,6
4) bad history with fans

Cory Schneider undoubtly has the brighter future. He is better technically, is quicker and has better lateral movement.

Lets just say Schneider was traded, if there is some sort of meltdown in the playoffs or Lou lets in 6 goals then we will hear the crowd taunting, see his bad body language, and it will be a 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'.

Trading Schneids right now gets us the better deal but we have to look long term and to the internal health of our team.

If trading Louie has to wait until summer than so be it.

Sedins lose another year at a chance at the cup but we have to look long term. Trading away a cornerstone goalie to our future that has done nothing but work his but off and have a good attitude makes no sense.

And the salary cap runs the league, so if anything were to happen then we would still have flexibility.

To be honest, the better trading chips would be Edler and Raymond at this moment.

#318 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

After much debate the end result has to be Luongo traded.

There is just too much bad history and baggage.

examples:
1) bad attitude towards team mates playing poor defence
2) stanley cup finals comments that fired up boston
3) stanley cup finals meltdown in games 3,4,6
4) bad history with fans

Cory Schneider undoubtly has the brighter future. He is better technically, is quicker and has better lateral movement.

Lets just say Schneider was traded, if there is some sort of meltdown in the playoffs or Lou lets in 6 goals then we will hear the crowd taunting, see his bad body language, and it will be a 'HERE WE GO AGAIN'.

Trading Schneids right now gets us the better deal but we have to look long term and to the internal health of our team.

If trading Louie has to wait until summer than so be it.

Sedins lose another year at a chance at the cup but we have to look long term. Trading away a cornerstone goalie to our future that has done nothing but work his but off and have a good attitude makes no sense.

And the salary cap runs the league, so if anything were to happen then we would still have flexibility.

To be honest, the better trading chips would be Edler and Raymond at this moment.

Even Luongo has realized he made mistakes.

Mistakes are human. Forgiveness is Divine.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 16 March 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#319 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

He was given chances to take the #1 spot. But he's been outplayed by Lu. Why trade the better and more proven goalie? Makes absolutely no sense to trade Lu. Cory can develop on a another team, one that's core can develop with him.

With their stats almost carbon copy, how has Schneider been completely outplayed by Lou. The only reason Schneider has a higher GAA is because he has faced more shots , as SP is .03 difference.

#320 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

With their stats almost carbon copy, how has Schneider been completely outplayed by Lou. The only reason Schneider has a higher GAA is because he has faced more shots , as SP is .03 difference.

Luongo: 7-2-3
Schneider: 6-5-3

Let me outlay your plan of reply:

Schneider has faced more shots,
Schneider has faced harder opponents,
Schneider is hampered by Luongo's presence,
Schneider faced unstoppable shots,
Schneider was blocked by his own players,

The technicality of goaltending.

#321 tas

tas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

schneider should be moved for 2 simple reasons:

1. he has higher trade value

2. he could leave in a couple years, gaining the canucks nothing. with luongo, they have anywhere from adequate to spectacular goaltending from now until the end of time. it's a known commodity. schneider is not.

Edited by tas, 16 March 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#322 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

2. he could leave in a couple years, gaining the canucks nothing. with luongo, they have anywhere from adequate to spectacular goaltending from now until the end of time. it's a known commodity. schneider is not.

Indeed. That is the story. Only a few too-loud anti-Luongo are left. Almost all is back to normal.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 16 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#323 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this site. Seriously well thought out on that one. +1 for that, I only hope it was meant to be a joke.

#324 tas

tas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this site. Seriously well thought out on that one. +1 for that, I only hope it was meant to be a joke.

i don't follow your logic. are you saying that a player who's eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2015-16 CAN'T sign with any team he likes at that point in time, with his prior team receiving no compensation?

#325 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

ha, oh no you were serious. It's called signing an extension and if there's no indication of that happening before their contract is up you trade them for a return. Similar to what ANA will do with Perry. By you logic we should be getting rid of all of our UFA's (Raymond, sedin's, booth, hansen, higgins) since we may lose them eventually. I don't see any reason why Schneider would not resign

#326 tas

tas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,064 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

ha, oh no you were serious. It's called signing an extension and if there's no indication of that happening before their contract is up you trade them for a return. Similar to what ANA will do with Perry. By you logic we should be getting rid of all of our UFA's (Raymond, sedin's, booth, hansen, higgins) since we may lose them eventually. I don't see any reason why Schneider would not resign

well, without a major turn of events, this team will be the calgary flames of 2015-16, and schneider strikes me as the type of guy that wants to win. not to mention the lure of big money.

#327 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,204 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Great trade! Lets trade a number one allstar goalie and "someone" else for a kid who hasn't lived up to his potential yet, if he ever does and a first rounder. We don't lose that trade at all. Apply for the Canucks GM position immediately, I'm sure the bosses will fire gillis today and have you signed up for twenty to thirty years easy!
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#328 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

So with Luongo traded and Schneider going to UFA, the Canucks trade him?

Is that when the program "wish we didn't trade Luongo" kicks in? Or did that program kick in with the decision of trading Luongo in the first place?

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 16 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#329 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,595 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Canucks got a veritable goaltending factory pumping out A+ product right now.
Schneids, Lack, and Cannata - all definitely, positively unquestionably top 10 starters in the NHL.
No need to worry. MG's got this.

#330 Master Mind

Master Mind

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,631 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Watching the games will tell you much more than stats ever can.

I would be pleased as punch if you pressed this green button.

1zx175v.jpg

small.pngCDCP - New York Rangers

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.