The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think the NYI is a good option for a Schneider deal. Some young studs that theyd might be willing to move for a potential franchise goalie.

Hamonic, Strome and Rienhart on the wish list.... a deal structured around either one would be sick.... Id take a look at Visnovski... our PP could really use him, even if he's just a rental. Wonder if theyd consider a Ballard for Vis deal...?

if we got offered Carlson straight up for Schneider I think we should take it. but its very likely Luongo is the one dealt and Washington apparently doesnt want him, nor does it look like any other team does, unless the offers have been that poor

You gotta wonder about Tampa Bay. I think they're the real dark horse in this race to offer us something substantial for Schneider.

Stevie knows he has a great club but goaltending has been horrendous. He just hasn't been interested in Luongo... so with a potential to move Schneider then maybe Tampa makes a real push

Ok, seriously. You don't have to bump a thread twice in one day. Find something interesting to say or stop spamming with big images that can screw with the board performance, especially considering all the GIFs in your sig.

On topic though, it looks like they're playing Schneider more to see what he can do despite not as good performance this year. They'll certainly want to feel confident with him in net going forward if a Luongo deal goes through, and the way we've been playing a deal might be more likely than it was when we could possibly wait till the offseason.

I like his GIFs too, distracting though they may be.

But I'm not suggesting it's the Canucks showcasing Schneider as much as testing him. They have to feel comfortable with him going forward and gauge the return they could get for either goalie against future performance. Gillis has said multiple times he's open to any deal that makes us better, it's just finding the value that does.

Archived