The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'd have no problem with a Schneider over Luongo trade.

There is one difference between them:

Luongo has proven that he sometimes gets lit up in the playoffs - and didn't win "us" a cup.

Schneider is pretty much equal to Luongo come regular season time - both very good goaltenders.

However, Schneider has not been "unproven" in the playoffs. Luongo has.

In actuality the team in front of the goalie needs to provide better D and more offense.

Schneider gone or Luongo gone doesn't make a difference.

Trade who ever gets the better return

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?

Who do you rather have instead of Mike Gillis then?

If his team misses the playoffs next year, what happens to that GM??

If he fails who replaces him? and if he fails then what? We hire a new gm every year?

Why are Canucks fans so retarded, and whois the one that gave you the plus 1? even more retarded.

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?

If he fails who replaces him? and if he fails then what? We hire a new gm every year?

Why are Canucks fans so retarded, and whois the one that gave you the plus 1? even more retarded.

Its hard to want to see schneider get traded, but he is the easier goalie to trade and will get something to help us win now. When we signed Luongo to 12 years that all but spelt the end to schneider in a round a bout way.

We had Lack aswell, so we could groom Lack for a couple years and then Connata. We have 2 #1 nhl goalies and 2 promising younger goalies.

Run with the veteran who has proven for almost a decade he is a nhl #1 goalie and trade the younger goalie on a shorter contract.

I dont want us to have to take a crap offer for Luo in the summer because we need to get cap compliant, or buy a pllayer or 2 out that doesnt really help much either. Looks like both goalies stay for now, but we definitely have holes on this team

But no team is going to give up a high end return for either goalie. IF i was an nhl gm i would know that and wait the canucks out. Miller might be available in summer, I see him maybe going to Detroit. Backstrom is a FA. Khabibulin is and could help split games with a young goalie.

B.Schenn talbot leighton for schneider and raymond pick/prospect

we need help now, both these players address our needs, do we take slightly less or add to the above deal to help us have a more rounded team for the playoffs?

Yes its unlikely with bryzgalov their, but like i posted before, its cheaper for philly to eat say 1-2m of his salary each year and trade him to a team like say tampa and they would only have to pay are 3.6-4ish million per season.

Ok, ...

So any team that is not above 8th place the gm needs to be fired? Please tell me your kidding right? so every year we should be seeing 15 new gms in the leauge???? idiot Canucks fans everywere.

I'm curious, all Gillis haters, who do you suggest should be our next gm? I wanna see the dumb responses.

wtf is this????

Can I ask you something?

Archived