#421 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,689 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

More like the last 6 versions of this thread

Yeah, but at least every few pages there's some real discussion of a possible Luongo trade (or even the likelihood of a Schneider trade).

EDIT: Wait, which thread am I in again, the Schneider one or the Luongo one? There's only been 1 version so far of the Schneider one.

Sorry for not wanting to look thru 14 pages, but does anyone know which teams have been calling about Schneider?

No, nothing serious for rumours that way that I've heard.

Edited by elvis15, 21 March 2013 - 12:15 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#422 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

And yet...the stats are practically the same. I mean you two just get stuck without an argument and go back to this prefab'd list of statements.

If you can't argue your points why bother making them?

I mean are you really going to argue that he's a different goalie in the playoffs than he is in the regular season? If you are I not only have to question if you've ever played hockey at all but if you've ever watched a canucks game.

Are you trying to say that he's not a different goalie from regular season to playoffs? It seems to me that he keeps his 5 to 8 goal and sub .900 save percentage games to a minimum during the course of a regular season, yet in the playoffs (after 2007) they happen with more frequency.

I brought this up earlier but nobody answered.
During the course of an 82 game regular season, if Luongo's record looked like this, how impressed would you be?

GP, 61 - 32W, 29L - GAA, 2.53 - Sv%, .916 - SOs, 5.

That's his playoff record. That record would be middle of the pack or lower in a typical regular season, nevermind playoffs. Very few teams today will go far in playoff action with average regular season goaltending, which overall is what we've gotten from Luongo.

#423 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Are you trying to say that he's not a different goalie from regular season to playoffs? It seems to me that he keeps his 5 to 8 goal and sub .900 save percentage games to a minimum during the course of a regular season, yet in the playoffs (after 2007) they happen with more frequency.

During the course of an 82 game regular season, if Luongo's record looked like this, how impressed would you be?

That's his playoff record. That record would be middle of the pack or lower in a typical regular season, nevermind playoffs. Very few teams today will go far in playoff action with average regular season goaltending, which overall is what we've gotten from Luongo.

It is the team in front of him that has a knack of imploding as the rough gets tougher. Schneider will not fair better and will see his fair share of seeming total collapse in front of this team. Perhaps only then will the fans, media and team alike seek answers elsewhere than a mere blaming of one of the greatest goaltenders to play the game. By then, it will be too late.

#424 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

It is the team in front of him that has a knack of imploding as the rough gets tougher. Schneider will not fair better and will see his fair share of seeming total collapse in front of this team. Perhaps only then will the fans, media and team alike seek answers elsewhere than a mere blaming of one of the greatest goaltenders to play the game. By then, it will be too late.

"Am I the only one who sees this?"

#425 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

check urself before u wreck urself
.916 would be about 10th this season and that is a more reflective stat than GAA

I suggest you go look at the playoff sv% of Roy and Brodeur before you start throwing the term "average" around

#426 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

to Van
Hedman
2013 2nd

to TB
Schneider
ballard
2013 1st

then move edler to philly for a young C, like couturier plus or straight up for b schenn

#427 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

What Canucksfan85 said.

And yes I would say Luongo is the same goalie in the regular season as he is in the playoffs. Good games and bad games in the regular season as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#428 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

to Van
Hedman
2013 2nd

to TB
Schneider
ballard
2013 1st

then move edler to philly for a young C, like couturier plus or straight up for b schenn

Yes. Do it while Schneider is hot and now, to give Luongo time to get back into game form. I remember when Luongo was traded to Vancouver, the book on him was that he had to play a lot and see a lot of shots to be successful. If he's playing every four, five days, he gets cold. The Canucks are tampering with a very good thing.

#429 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

"Am I the only one who sees this?"

Unfortunately, no.

#430 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

check urself before u wreck urself
.916 would be about 10th this season and that is a more reflective stat than GAA

I suggest you go look at the playoff sv% of Roy and Brodeur before you start throwing the term "average" around

Let's talk about save percentage then. Aside from 2007, in how many playoff seasons has Luongo had a save percentage above .914? The answer is none.
Luongo's excellent playoffs in 2007 is the only thing propping up his stats from terrible to mediocre. All of his save percentages since then have been sub-par.

#431 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Let's talk about save percentage then. Aside from 2007, in how many playoff seasons has Luongo had a save percentage above .914? The answer is none.
Luongo's excellent playoffs in 2007 is the only thing propping up his stats from terrible to mediocre. All of his save percentages since then have been sub-par.

You, SmashianKassian, smurf47, oldnews particularly, better not cry foul when .... hits the fan in this town if Luongo is traded and the Cancuks fall flat. I will hold you solely responsible for such atrocities.

NOT ONE WORD OUT OF YOU.

Edited by hockeyville88, 22 March 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#432 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,689 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

You can't do a 1 for 1 comparison though either. In the playoffs, the opponents are of a higher quality and playing a team repeatedly in a short span allows them to try and focus on a specific game plan to exploit weaknesses over a series. In the regular season, you also get to play the lesser teams and the game plan against you will be less focused as those teams have to play different opposition from night to night.

So, his stat line wouldn't look as you've suggested from his playoff results - it would be better by virtue of playing lesser competition mixed in with the rest of the pack and being less focused on one team.

Also, if he's been prone to more >5 goal games in the playoffs as you're suggesting, then for his save % to be marginally different he'd have to have a balance in having more 0/1/2 goal games in the playoffs. Otherwise his save % would be much worse with those >5 goal games.

Edited by elvis15, 22 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#433 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

You, SmashianKassian, smurf47, oldnews particularly, better not cry foul when .... hits the fan in this town if Luongo is traded and the Cancuks fall flat. I will hold you solely responsible for such atrocities.

NOT ONE WORD OUT OF YOU.

Put your money where your mouth is.
If they don't "fall flat" (define), are you gonna shut your cakehole?

#434 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

Put your money where your mouth is.
If they don't "fall flat" (define), are you gonna shut your cakehole?

He just continues to piss into the wind ! No help for him Old news.

#435 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

He just continues to piss into the wind ! No help for him Old news.

Oh! You found a friend!

The technicality of goaltending.

#436 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

NOT ONE WORD OUT OF YOU.

I think perhaps you're taking this a little far.

Perhaps I'm missing sarcasm though?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#437 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

NOT ONE WORD OUT OF YOU.

Hahaha, edited by a mod. Good one.

Oh! You found a friend!

You found a way of not answering oldnews' question.

Define "fall flat" so that it isn't some open ended thing you think you can hang over people's heads.

Secondly, what type of success would then reciprocate the obvious idiocy to yourself?

If you want to throw out ultimatums, then do so with parameters, otherwise it is as empty as Luongo's trophy case. (I know, Jennings, Olympic Gold, WJC... give it up. It was a joke.)

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#438 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Oh! You found a friend!

Thats one more than you brown eyes !

#439 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yes. Do it while Schneider is hot and now, to give Luongo time to get back into game form. I remember when Luongo was traded to Vancouver, the book on him was that he had to play a lot and see a lot of shots to be successful. If he's playing every four, five days, he gets cold. The Canucks are tampering with a very good thing.

I suppose the team is tampering with Luongo by giving up fewer shots in his starts as well?

I remember in Florida, Luo used to face endless rubber...

The Canucks are tampering with a good thing winning games with Schneider starting (because, according to 101, what's really most important to the team isn't winning, it's Luongo...)

Just a couple of facts that put your your complaining in perspective:
Luongo's worst performances this season were obviously the Detroit games - that last loss to Detroit was his third straight start, in five days, and his previous 8 goal performance was a back to back start for him as well.
So much for the "cold" excuse.

Luo's played 15 games, Cory 16. Luo .904, Cory .917.

Try again.
What's your explanation 101?

#440 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

On one hand I really have to commend this 101 guy for his "Loyalty" to Luongo, But on the other hand I feel I should probably contact the authorities for the sake of Luongos well being.

Posted Image

#441 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

I suppose the team is tampering with Luongo by giving up fewer shots in his starts as well?

I remember in Florida, Luo used to face endless rubber...

The Canucks are tampering with a good thing winning games with Schneider starting (because, according to 101, what's really most important to the team isn't winning, it's Luongo...)

Just a couple of facts that put your your complaining in perspective:
Luongo's worst performances this season were obviously the Detroit games - that last loss to Detroit was his third straight start, in five days, and his previous 8 goal performance was a back to back start for him as well.
So much for the "cold" excuse.

Luo's played 15 games, Cory 16. Luo .904, Cory .917.

Try again.
What's your explanation 101?

Luongo is GOD and the Canucks are nothing without him and never will be.

Sorry, channeling 101 there for a second.

#442 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

I wish we could find a way to keep them both .

#443 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Let's be honest - 101 is probably Nonis.

#444 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

HOUSEKEEPING

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#445 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wish we could find a way to keep them both .

we have one more playoffs with them both atleast. Lets start praying this is our year i would like both of their names etched in the cup playing for vancouver:)

#446 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Would you do it?

NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares
Harmonic

#447 naslund.is.king

naslund.is.king

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

Would you do it?

NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares
Harmonic

anyone who has hockey knowledge would thats why nyi would not do this deal :(until tavares has had enough! Who knows if that day comes and if so soon enough

#448 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Would you do it?

NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares
Harmonic

Never! You cant actually be serious.

Luongo, Edler, and maybe a 2nd for the guys you mentioned.

#449 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Would you do it?

NYI
Kesler
Edler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares
Harmonic

Why

once again, why?

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#450 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

Canucks 101 wants to trade Kesler Schneider and Edler

Definition of troll.

Last time we traded a player of this calibre

Burtuzzi for Luongo

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.