Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

How would u change it

Taking our best D man out of it should be the obvious change

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#32 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,284 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

anyone else get the feeling gillis is just going to crack and sell off everything and start from scratch? I fell like as soon as one move happens everyone goes in a torrent of activity.

#33 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Taking our best D man out of it should be the obvious change

Caps fan would say : taking our franchise center should be obvious

U can't offer them junk for a guy like backstrom

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#34 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

I would like to see a trade with WSH including Forsberg or a trade with NYI including Reinhart.

#35 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Without Schneider, Luongo is back under the gun and we all know how that story goes.

Schneider is under the gun right now, look how that's going, and if we trade Luongo he'll be under it even more cause we will no longer have Luongo to step in if he plays like crap

Edited by Primus099, 28 February 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#36 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

you've done no more than anyone else..........there is absolutely nothing to suggest that once Schneids is gone that Lu would not fall back into the same complacency and experience the same meltdowns as he has every other year except the first year he was here

there's nothing to suggest he will either, it's all opinion

#37 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I would like to see a trade with WSH including Forsberg or a trade with NYI including Reinhart.

That's what I've been saying. Or at least thinking. Among other things.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Caps fan would say : taking our franchise center should be obvious

U can't offer them junk for a guy like backstrom

Washington's goals against are in the bottom 5 in the NHL and Luongo or Schneider would improve their GA. Washington has depth at center (Backstrom, Ribiero, Johansson, Perrault, Hendricks, Beagle) so they could move Backstrom and not be weak down the middle.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 28 February 2013 - 01:01 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#39 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Hamonic the top four defenceman. RH shot.

Schneider + Ballard (we take half his cap) + 4th round pick
Hamonic + Nielsen.

any day.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#40 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Schneider + booth/Ray + hamhuis
For
Neuvy + poti/hamrlik(both Ufa) + backstrom.

I would prefer to keep raymond
Backstrom can center ... move kes to wing... he would do wonders with bwckstrom feeding him

No. That's overpayment for something we don't need.

You're giving up Hamhuis, who is one of our best D men, a highly touted starting goalie, and a second line player for a very talented centerman who's dealt with injuries, a Dman with an expiring contract, and a back up.

Now consider the fact that Backstrom has a 6.7M cap hit until 2018, we already have a center in Ryan Kesler who will be slotting back into the lineup, and that we'd still have to replace Hamhuis and either Booth or Raymond. All this with the cap going down.

We'd be dumping a bunch of salary for a player who is redundant positionally, a D man who is worse than the one we've given up, and a relatively cheap goalie. If you think about it in terms of value Neuvy/Poti/Hamrlik aren't worth all that much so you're giving up Hamhuis/Schneider/Booth or Raymond for Backstrom. We lose that trade every time.

Edited by Azial, 28 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares

OR

WPG
Schneider

VAN
Byfuglien

#42 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

No. That's overpayment for something we don't need.

You're giving up Hamhuis, who is one of our best D men, a highly touted starting goalie, and a second line player for a very talented centerman who's dealt with injuries, a Dman with an expiring contract, and a back up.

Now consider the fact that Backstrom has 6.7M cap hit until 2018, we already have a center in Ryan Kesler who will be slotting back into the lineup, and that we'd still have to replace Hamhuis and either Booth or Raymond.

We'd be dumping a bunch of salary for a player who is redundant positionally, a D man who is worse than the one we've given up, and a relatively cheap goalie. If you think about it in terms of value Neuvy/Poti/Hamrlik aren't worth all that much so you're giving up Hamhuis/Schneider/Booth or Raymond for Backstrom. We lose that trade every time.

Hmmm u make some good points. If we were to get backstrom I would permanently see kes on the wing.

Maybe we can get caps to keep 1mill oof his salary? And change up the dmen in the trade?

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#43 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I wonder if we could snag Filip Forsberg AND Tom Wilson for Schneider + Schroeder. That would add so much size to our team. Both over 200lbs and 6'1 and 6'4.

Our forward pool would be fully stocked adding them to other prospects like Jensen and Gaunce.

Except we would have to fire AV so they actually get some ice time.

Edited by Lockhart, 28 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#44 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,533 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Well guys, Mike Gillis might be have been negotiating through the media, but he also got a lot of calls in regards to Luongo. We'll see what happens.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#45 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hmmm u make some good points. If we were to get backstrom I would permanently see kes on the wing.

Maybe we can get caps to keep 1mill oof his salary? And change up the dmen in the trade?

It could work if you put Kes on the wing, but you've also got to consider that you've got the Caps giving up their #1 center and they would have to replace him as well. If the Caps were to trade Backstrom they would be exchanging one hole in their lineup for another. Their net would be solidified but they would have even more questions up front. If the Caps were to want Schneider they would be better off offering a package of picks and prospects. They just re-signed Holtby as well so they may not feel as if they desperately need to make a move for a goalie.

They are second to last in their conference, which I'd consider an anomaly. I don't know if they're desperate enough to give up a high caliber roster player just yet.

Edited by Azial, 28 February 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

^ Backstrom isn't the type of player I want. We need more bull in china shop type players. Plus his cap hit is too high.

Edited by Lockhart, 28 February 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#47 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

^ Backstrom isn't the type of player I want. We need more bull in china shop type players. Plus his cap hit is too high.

He's not my type of player either, and I'm not sure his success would carry over to the western conference. If we trade Schneider I'd either want picks and prospects or a player who adds talent/toughness and one of the two to our lineup.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Luongo has the better stats and we need secondary scoring. Trade Schneider.

#49 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

At this point I don't care which goalie goes... I just want some flippin closure on this situation.

Pros and Cons to moving either goalie, so just move one.
Posted Image

#50 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well guys, Mike Gillis might be have been negotiating through the media, but he also got a lot of calls in regards to Luongo. We'll see what happens.

I can bet Gillis is receiving at least three times the amount of calls concerning Schneider as he's receiving concerning Luongo. Up to three teams MIGHT be interested in Luongo's contract and that, for peanut returns, thereby nagating the prospects of a Luongo trade.

Under Burke, Toronto has said they're not interested. under Nonis, with their team having relative success, they're most likely not interested still. Florida has said they're not interested, Washington was pissed to see Gillis in town.

Nash might have been made available by Columbus but either Schneider was not available by the Canucks or Nash refused to waive his NTC to come to the Canucks. Yzerman is waiting for Schneider. Tallon is waiting for Schneider. In Winnipeg, Schneider was a fan favorite. Boston got rid of Thomas while Schneider is from the area. Edmonton would most likely pay a hefty ransom for Schneider, as well as Colorado and Calgary. The NYI have Nabokov and Thomas but both are in their twilight of their careers while demoting DiPietro to the minors, so Schneider could fit there too. Those are only the teams that are either struggling hard or are on the bubble for the playoffs who might benefit from a goaltending change and subsequently push for a playoff spot.

Luongo has an NTC, thereby having the right to veto any trade. Therefore, the pickings are slim in either the GM of said team refuses to acquire the contract and/ or Luongo refuses the said destination.

Advantage Canucks since they get to keep one of the best goaltenders to ever play the game while fielding offers for a young up and coming goaltender who would bring in a higher return due to coatractual term.

I like Gillis' patience.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 28 February 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#51 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

^ I like Gillis' patience too, but at the same time we were reportedly offered Schenn and Kadri for Lu. I don't know about Schenn, but Kadri sure is looking good this year.

#52 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Luo is good but Schneider is going to be a super star. The guy has the athleticism, skill and quickness to make game changing saves. I`m not dissing Luo, but he doesn`t have the potential that Schneider does.

That said, the logistics of it might be factor as well. Perhaps Luo stays, they acquire top young talent in other positions and develop another young goal tender. Could Lack develop into something Schneider? Tough to say.

0au3Jj.gif

#53 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Luo is good but Schneider is going to be a super star. The guy has the athleticism, skill and quickness to make game changing saves. I`m not dissing Luo, but he doesn`t have the potential that Schneider does.

That said, the logistics of it might be factor as well. Perhaps Luo stays, they acquire top young talent in other positions and develop another young goal tender. Could Lack develop into something Schneider? Tough to say.

:picard:

#54 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares

OR

WPG
Schneider

VAN
Byfuglien

lol Islanders hang up and laugh hard

#55 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Schneider Ballard Schroeder for Ovechkin. There. Franchise power forward. Sedins laying the puck for Ovechkin on a pillow
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#56 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Schneider Ballard Schroeder for Ovechkin. There. Franchise power forward. Sedins laying the puck for Ovechkin on a pillow

Swap Schroeder for a 1st and Raymond then I'm down. Then sign O'Reilly to an offer sheet

Healthy line up

Sedin - Sedin - Ovechkin
Burrows - O'Reilly - Kesler
Kassian - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Barker - Tanev

Luongo

And then I woke up

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 28 February 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#57 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Swap Schroeder for a 1st and Raymond then I'm down. Then sign O'Reilly to an offer sheet

Healthy line up

Sedin - Sedin - Ovechkin

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Barker - Tanev

Luongo

And then I woke up

and our salary cap exploded

#58 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

If Schneider goes all I can hope for is a good young goalie prospect to be coming back in return.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#59 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

There's one line in that about Gillis receiving calls for Schneider and the rest is speculation on how it would work and the return each could get. Not a lot in it, especially since it doesn't name any specific teams, how many teams are calling, or even when they've been calling.

Gillis' radio interview from a little bit back did say he hadn't been fielding any offers for Schneider of late, but perhaps that's changed. When more detail comes out I'll pay more attention, but until then, it's a pretty mild rumour.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#60 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Healthy line up

Sedin - Sedin - Ovechkin

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Barker - Tanev

Luongo

And then I woke up

not only that, Ovechkin can play the point on the powerplay and he is a right handed shot. Kesler can't play the point.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.