The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And yet...the stats are practically the same. I mean you two just get stuck without an argument and go back to this prefab'd list of statements.

If you can't argue your points why bother making them?

I mean are you really going to argue that he's a different goalie in the playoffs than he is in the regular season? If you are I not only have to question if you've ever played hockey at all but if you've ever watched a canucks game.

Are you trying to say that he's not a different goalie from regular season to playoffs? It seems to me that he keeps his 5 to 8 goal and sub .900 save percentage games to a minimum during the course of a regular season, yet in the playoffs (after 2007) they happen with more frequency.

I brought this up earlier but nobody answered.

During the course of an 82 game regular season, if Luongo's record looked like this, how impressed would you be?

GP, 61 - 32W, 29L - GAA, 2.53 - Sv%, .916 - SOs, 5.

That's his playoff record. That record would be middle of the pack or lower in a typical regular season, nevermind playoffs. Very few teams today will go far in playoff action with average regular season goaltending, which overall is what we've gotten from Luongo.

It is the team in front of him that has a knack of imploding as the rough gets tougher. Schneider will not fair better and will see his fair share of seeming total collapse in front of this team. Perhaps only then will the fans, media and team alike seek answers elsewhere than a mere blaming of one of the greatest goaltenders to play the game. By then, it will be too late.

Are you trying to say that he's not a different goalie from regular season to playoffs? It seems to me that he keeps his 5 to 8 goal and sub .900 save percentage games to a minimum during the course of a regular season, yet in the playoffs (after 2007) they happen with more frequency.

During the course of an 82 game regular season, if Luongo's record looked like this, how impressed would you be?

That's his playoff record. That record would be middle of the pack or lower in a typical regular season, nevermind playoffs. Very few teams today will go far in playoff action with average regular season goaltending, which overall is what we've gotten from Luongo.

check urself before u wreck urself

.916 would be about 10th this season and that is a more reflective stat than GAA

I suggest you go look at the playoff sv% of Roy and Brodeur before you start throwing the term "average" around

You, SmashianKassian, smurf47, oldnews particularly, better not cry foul when .... hits the fan in this town if Luongo is traded and the Cancuks fall flat. I will hold you solely responsible for such atrocities.

NOT ONE WORD OUT OF YOU.

Yes. Do it while Schneider is hot and now, to give Luongo time to get back into game form. I remember when Luongo was traded to Vancouver, the book on him was that he had to play a lot and see a lot of shots to be successful. If he's playing every four, five days, he gets cold. The Canucks are tampering with a very good thing.

Archived