The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No. That's overpayment for something we don't need.

You're giving up Hamhuis, who is one of our best D men, a highly touted starting goalie, and a second line player for a very talented centerman who's dealt with injuries, a Dman with an expiring contract, and a back up.

Now consider the fact that Backstrom has 6.7M cap hit until 2018, we already have a center in Ryan Kesler who will be slotting back into the lineup, and that we'd still have to replace Hamhuis and either Booth or Raymond.

We'd be dumping a bunch of salary for a player who is redundant positionally, a D man who is worse than the one we've given up, and a relatively cheap goalie. If you think about it in terms of value Neuvy/Poti/Hamrlik aren't worth all that much so you're giving up Hamhuis/Schneider/Booth or Raymond for Backstrom. We lose that trade every time.

I wonder if we could snag Filip Forsberg AND Tom Wilson for Schneider + Schroeder. That would add so much size to our team. Both over 200lbs and 6'1 and 6'4.

Our forward pool would be fully stocked adding them to other prospects like Jensen and Gaunce.

Except we would have to fire AV so they actually get some ice time.

Luo is good but Schneider is going to be a super star. The guy has the athleticism, skill and quickness to make game changing saves. I`m not dissing Luo, but he doesn`t have the potential that Schneider does.

That said, the logistics of it might be factor as well. Perhaps Luo stays, they acquire top young talent in other positions and develop another young goal tender. Could Lack develop into something Schneider? Tough to say.

Luo is good but Schneider is going to be a super star. The guy has the athleticism, skill and quickness to make game changing saves. I`m not dissing Luo, but he doesn`t have the potential that Schneider does.

That said, the logistics of it might be factor as well. Perhaps Luo stays, they acquire top young talent in other positions and develop another young goal tender. Could Lack develop into something Schneider? Tough to say.

There's one line in that about Gillis receiving calls for Schneider and the rest is speculation on how it would work and the return each could get. Not a lot in it, especially since it doesn't name any specific teams, how many teams are calling, or even when they've been calling.

Gillis' radio interview from a little bit back did say he hadn't been fielding any offers for Schneider of late, but perhaps that's changed. When more detail comes out I'll pay more attention, but until then, it's a pretty mild rumour.

Archived