663 replies to this topic

#121 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

This golaie situation is just brutal, I'm not a fan of it. I don't think either goalie can feel a great passion for a team that doesn't allow them the chance to get into a groove or to redeem themselves after a loss. Please MG just trade one already.

Yea it's driving me nuts!

#122 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Cory Schneider trade thread 1.0

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#123 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

It'll be weird to see him go after thousands of luongo trade posts. Rightfully so tho, no point in trading away the face of our franchise and future hall of famer who still has five great years to come :)

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

:picard: :rolleyes:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#124 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

ALL HAIL LUONGO!

man, if you're that good at making predictions, please tell me what tech will be like 5 years from now.

Edited by Thanos, 01 March 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

man, if you're that good at making predictions, please tell me what tech will be like 5 years from now.

One sec... checking my crystal ball.

OK here...
Tech will be everywhere. U won't have any devices. u will just touch the air and it will pop up ;);)

#126 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Unfair question and you know that the possibility exists that Schneider will be traded and that it is in fact, more likely since his contract is more trade friendly than Luongo's.

#127 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Unfair question and you know that the possibility exists that Schneider will be traded and that it is in fact, more likely since his contract is more trade friendly than Luongo's.

It appears that is what the hockey world thinks. I must say that I disagree though... luongo has an extremely cap friendly contract.

Take a look at the list of to 15 paid goalies, he's the best and cheaper than about 7-8 of them I think. And when he's 40 and wants to retire u don't think the organization can make up an injury to place him on ir?? They just did it with Manny and freed up 2.5 million. They put him on ir because he can't play to the same llevel ... luongo can easily say his groin is bothering him

Edited by apollo, 01 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#128 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Chicago is lacking a star player..?

Seems like they were, that and more maturation from there then current stars.

zackass.png

#129 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Seems like they were, that and more maturation from there then current stars.

Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook....no stars on the Blackhawks roster, you nailed that one :bigblush:

rundblad3_zpsc5e56154.png

#130 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

It is not in fact more likely. If it was a fact, please show me the evidence to back it up. His contract is more friendly but the asking price is higher and he isn't as proven, so teams aren't going to just forget Luongo exists and deal only for Schneider.

I'm not sure you know what "in fact" actually means - how you've used it there or otherwise.

Edited by elvis15, 01 March 2013 - 04:51 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#131 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

CANUCKS

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#132 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook....no stars on the Blackhawks roster, you nailed that one :bigblush:

Bunch of scrubs if you ask me.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#133 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I guess you, like the guy who quoted me originally, completely missed the context of my post..... :picard:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 March 2013 - 05:02 PM.

zackass.png

#134 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

#135 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

It appears that is what the hockey world thinks. I must say that I disagree though... luongo has an extremely cap friendly contract.

Take a look at the list of to 15 paid goalies, he's the best and cheaper than about 7-8 of them I think. And when he's 40 and wants to retire u don't think the organization can make up an injury to place him on ir?? They just did it with Manny and freed up 2.5 million. They put him on ir because he can't play to the same llevel ... luongo can easily say his groin is bothering him

Cap friendly yes. Length and structural term no. He'll remain a Canuck because of it and none other than I is more happy about it.

#136 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Cap friendly yes. Length and structural term no. He'll remain a Canuck because of it and none other than I is more happy about it.

Being cap friendly it gave us room to add Higgins and lappy who helped us a lot on the cup run.

Also... they took a 2.5 million dollar cap hit off with Manny saying he's too injured to play. Even though the guy can play... just not up to his 2.5. I'm sure they'll say luongo hurt his groin or something when he's 40

#137 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Being cap friendly it gave us room to add Higgins and lappy who helped us a lot on the cup run.

Also... they took a 2.5 million dollar cap hit off with Manny saying he's too injured to play. Even though the guy can play... just not up to his 2.5. I'm sure they'll say luongo hurt his groin or something when he's 40

While you make a good point about Higgins and Lapierre, you're point about Manny is off base. We don't get any relief from his $2.5M cap hit currently, and Gillis is saying he's not healthy enough to play at any price. It's simply too much a danger that he'd get injured because of his reduced vision.

#138 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,331 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yea, they're all just plugs. What team would want them anyway?

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#139 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

How fickle of a fan base are we? Cory has had what three bad games this season and now all the sudden we are pro-luongo again? Let's be happy that we have two unreal goalies rather than throw either of them under the bus. The trade will happen when it happens. I personally still see Luongo being the one who is traded but regardless I'll still cheer for him, cory or whoever is in the net

Nah. I think it's more like the pro-Schneider fans were so damn loud that the pro-Luongo fans were not heard. Finally some sense making prevails.

#140 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I can see the merits in keeping either one and trading the other. I also think we should keep both until the end of the post season. I think it'll be Luongo who goes during the draft for a first round pick (Drouin, please), but if there is a huge (one sided) move proposed for either of them, it should be taken ASAP (I'm talking Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos and 1st overall 2013 for Schneider and maybe Kesler kind of territory - so not likely).

#141 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,634 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Mobile

#142 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,649 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

haha @ apollo's posts in this thread
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#143 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

While you make a good point about Higgins and Lapierre, you're point about Manny is off base. We don't get any relief from his $2.5M cap hit currently, and Gillis is saying he's not healthy enough to play at any price. It's simply too much a danger that he'd get injured because of his reduced vision.

Hmmm I thought he was long term ir and that gave us the cap space? I must have my facts wrong then

#144 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm I thought he was long term ir and that gave us the cap space? I must have my facts wrong then

It was specifically stated when they announced it that he was on IR.

Even if we wanted to put him on LTI, it would only be effective if we were over the cap. It's not that it removes a player's cap hit but rather that it allows us to exceed the cap if we need a replacement player. Since we aren't over the cap, we don't get any cap relief.

#145 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,462 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

In before the OP changes the title to '?'.

307mg00.jpg

#146 fourminute

fourminute

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

we can raise price for schneider ! take this many call for advantage !
Posted Image

#147 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Honestly I love both goalies and I'm confident in whatever one gillis decides to go with, these arguments of who's better are dumb. We got 2 great goalies and we still have a very good young goalie on the farm in lack. I honestly just want trade deadline to pass to shut ppl up

#148 fourminute

fourminute

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

schneider gots to go ! he need more ice time to be better !
Posted Image

#149 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

lol Islanders hang up and laugh hard

Yeah cause they think mg is joking huge overpayment

#150 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Simply put, Luongo is the better goalie in all facets of the game and RIGHT NOW he gives the Canucks a better chance to win a Cup than Schneider does.

That being said, I hope MG lets AV roll both goalies in a tandem, at least up until the deadline if not until next season. We've seen a lot of goalies already injured this season due to the nature of the shortened season, and an injury to a goalie on a Canuck team that relies so heavily on that area of the game would be brutal.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.