663 replies to this topic

#181 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

#182 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

I like all 3 proposals very very much. These IMO are realistic, except for philly bc Bryz is actually doing ok for them, but in the off season when the cap comes down they may buy out bryz and do this. I would hope to trade a goalie before the playoffs as we need a centerman badly.

If I had my pick, I would go with the CBJ proposal, then Philly, then WSH.

nice posts

CBJ will not trade their first round pick. Maybe their Ranger pick, maybe their LA pick, not theirs. I highly doubt they trade any as this is there year to build around the draft but def not their top pick. Davidson just brought in Jarmo Kekalainen as new GM for the sole reason of building a team around a draft. They are not trading their top pick. IF they do trade a later pick, it wont be until the draft where they know the position of the pick

Philly would not trade a star player for a small upgrade. Bryz hasn't played bad, he's actually played well this year. What would they do with Bryz after, who would want his contract. Do you think they'd buy him out? All for a unproven upgrade. hmmm highly unlikely.

WSH do I really need to explain WSH again.....

Seriously whats not to understand. As much as people would like these trades for VAN how does it fit the needs of the other team. What GM would ever consider any of these proposals?

#183 tonimator#19

tonimator#19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Dude. Did you not watch the playoffs last year? Couturier shut down EVGENI MALKIN and did a fine job of it too. Of course he's ready, more than ready actually.

How's he doing this year? he's experiencing the sophmore slump and not doing well at all

#184 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

If I were MG and he considered trading schneider than I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Carlson, or Couturier.

To Wash

Schneider
Raymond
Weise

To Van

Carlson
Brouwer
Neuvirth

OR

To Philly

Schneider
Ballard
Raymond

To Van

Couturier
Coburn
2nd

Good proposal.

-1st trade looks better because we get a stanley cup winger that is a big bruising winger and can score.
- Carlson would also help us out more at the moment as he can rush the puck out of the zone.

Also doubt Philly would give up their top 2 dman when they already have some dman out with injuries.

And coutourier is not ready for the big time this year. He will be star in the future but this is probably our last great chance at the cup. Sedins aren't getting any younger.

I'd take the Washington -trade any time, but doubt it can be done.

But the one with Philly makes no sense for them, and I do believe they are right up against the cap and we come in second. So we would have to match $ for $ what they give us and what we send there. And that trade would put the about 7$ Million over the cap max. This without looking into numbers too closely, just a circa. So that can't happen
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#185 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

But the one with Philly makes no sense for them, and I do believe they are right up against the cap and we come in second. So we would have to match $ for $ what they give us and what we send there. And that trade would put the about 7$ Million over the cap max. This without looking into numbers too closely, just a circa. So that can't happen

It would only work if Philly was buying out Bryz.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#186 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

If I was a GM I'd want Cory over Roberto too,

Cheaper, younger, more upside, better contract, etc etc etc.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#187 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

It would only work if Philly was buying out Bryz.

I still don't think that would be enough. Bryz can't be bought out now, so that won't work until summer. And they would still have to get rid of a sizable amount of dollars to make it work. And I doubt they have so much dead weight on their team to just remove them without getting weaker. And the fact they'd still take some penalty for the cap hit on Bryzgalov.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#188 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Simply put, Luongo is the better goalie in all facets of the game and RIGHT NOW he gives the Canucks a better chance to win a Cup than Schneider does.

That being said, I hope MG lets AV roll both goalies in a tandem, at least up until the deadline if not until next season. We've seen a lot of goalies already injured this season due to the nature of the shortened season, and an injury to a goalie on a Canuck team that relies so heavily on that area of the game would be brutal.

Did you see Luongos past few games? And have you seen Corys last few games? What would make you think that?

zackass.png

#189 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

This goalie drama is getting to the point where it is ridiculous. Gillis better trade Luongo in the off-season I could see a deal involving Tampa with Brett Conollly coming back in the deal.

Luongo, Ballard, 3rd to Florida for Markstrom,Mathias, and Strachan.

Edited by Terry Crews, 04 March 2013 - 04:43 AM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#190 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Just trade a goalie already Jesus Christ. If this keeps up they will both be worth crap in the off season. How can you get on your game when your sharing time?

And unlike before, its not like there is friendly competition btw the goalies...now its more like play well or you will be traded to Florida...or Toronto.

And even scary threats like that aren't getting through on some nights cuz they already got no. 1 goalie contracts. :picard:

The goalies are sick of it, the fans are sick of it, and other teams GM's are prolly sick of it too. Pretty sure they are all past that point where they were supposed to be desperate for a goalie and come running to the nucks.

MG is playing it cool like two goalies are gonna work to our benefit, but really its screwing us over and will be much much worse next year with the cap going down (other Gm's will have more leverage on Gillis). Its not like we are trying to trade Ovechkin Crosby here (true superstar); we can't really be fleeced that bad when the goalie market seems to have set and accepted Luongo's price. MG is the only one fighting it at this point.

Edited by adniel_g, 04 March 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#191 WonderTwinPowers

WonderTwinPowers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Did you see Luongos past few games? And have you seen Corys last few games? What would make you think that?

So then what about Roberto's first few games and Cory's first few. A sample of 5 games doesn't read into who the better player is. I'm not voting one way or the other as they're both fantastic, but since Cory is actually moveable I'd say to trade him for a better return.

#192 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

#193 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

I think it would be crazy to moce CS, regardless of whether he would fetch more. I have no faith that Luongo would continue his easy going, pressure won't get to me ways once Schneids is gone. I think, despite his claims that he loves to be "the guy" in a hockey mad market, Luongo actually prefers to not be in the limelight

Yeah no kidding, trade Luongo for a really good depth forward that can play 2nd/3rd line and we are already ahead. Anything above that is just gravy.

#194 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah no kidding, trade Luongo for a really good depth forward that can play 2nd/3rd line and we are already ahead. Anything above that is just gravy.

U trade an elite goalie... the most consistent goalie in the NHL past 8 or so years for a 2 3 line forward?!
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#195 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think you are undervaluing Luongo. Most people here do. His contract might be difficult to move, but not that hard. Many teams would love to have him. Finding a deal that works both way is the tricky part. And that's probably the main reason a deal hasn't been made. Not that his trade value is low. Most teams are trying to trim their roster value and wan't to move something back in the deal. And us being so close to the max. already, even before next seasons shrinking cap - is the problem.

Posted Image

#196 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Luongo never asked for a trade, he said if Gillis came to him and asked him to waive his NTC he wouldn't say no.

Alot has changed since last season. if everyone knew Luongo was going to still be here and play like this there never would have been any issue

"It’s presumed that they could get better package of players for Schneider than for Luongo." -- this is true

just as people on here have tough time with reading comprehension/reading between the lines - one only needs to think a little bit about a comment from a defeated player saying / volunteering I'd waive my NTC clause if asked, and what that means.

Moreover, if you have twitter and can read between the line and follow a fellow named Stombone1 you'd again see this person (luongo) has implied over and over he wants out.

Now is it possible Schnieds could be moved as per the reasons on the OP, yes. But can you simpletons stop acting like Loungo didnt ask to be traded without stating it verbatum????

If Ovi came out right now and said I'd waive my NTC do you think he's not asking for a trade?

WOW JUST WOW!!!

#197 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Schnieds plays better with pressure, Lou plays worse. Look at their play in the playoffs at ANY level.

#198 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

So then what about Roberto's first few games and Cory's first few. A sample of 5 games doesn't read into who the better player is. I'm not voting one way or the other as they're both fantastic, but since Cory is actually moveable I'd say to trade him for a better return.

We are 20 games in, does what happened half a season ago really matter?

We are in the moment, and right now Cory is playing better.

zackass.png

#199 adniel_g

adniel_g

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think you are undervaluing Luongo. Most people here do. His contract might be difficult to move, but not that hard. Many teams would love to have him. Finding a deal that works both way is the tricky part. And that's probably the main reason a deal hasn't been made. Not that his trade value is low. Most teams are trying to trim their roster value and wan't to move something back in the deal. And us being so close to the max. already, even before next seasons shrinking cap - is the problem.

Yeah but that is a critical reason why a trade needs to happen. We need more cap-space and simply cannot spend that kinda money in goal. I'm not denying Luo is a good goalie but his contract pretty much decreases his value to average as no GM esp one that is looking to re-build a team around a goalie would be looking to hamper themselves cap wise for years to come; oh yeah and then give up their best prospect/ 1st line player to do that XD (even Burkie passed and that REALLY says something). In a trade a players value is set essentially based on supply and demand. The demand for Luongo is fairly low due to his contract not so much his playing ability.

His contract is a BIG deal. That is precisely why we are trying to get rid of him in the first place lol. If he was making 2M we would love to keep him till he retires.

Unfortunately cap is going down next year and his slightly oversized contract is gonna get to being gigantic.

In any case, the point is it really doesn't matter what Luongo is worth. As of right now, having them both in goal is a little redundant.

Salary cap for next year is 64.3M
According to cap geek our Payroll is 60.4 next year, with only 5 dmen and 7 forwards lol (and the goalies)
We have ~4M to sign approx 7 players.
Somewhere in there we are going to have to give up players for nothing just like how SJ donated Ehrhoff to us!

Think of this trade...

Troy Brouwer 1st rd pick for Luongo, would you take it?

Now think of this

Mason Raymond, Chris Higgins, Troy Brouwer,1st rd pick for Luongo, would you take it?

And I think most offers we have beat
Troy Brouwer and a 1st rd pick

Edited by adniel_g, 04 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#200 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

It would have to be a pretty significant return for us to consider it I think. I wouldn't ever say never though.

We are 20 games in, does what happened half a season ago really matter?

We are in the moment, and right now Cory is playing better.

Well, that's arguable. I think Luongo has been better overall this year, but really both have been good. Will it stay that way in years to come? Maybe for a bit, but I think Cory will clearly be better down the road.

Edited by elvis15, 04 March 2013 - 05:09 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#201 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Simply put, Luongo is the better goalie in all facets of the game and RIGHT NOW he gives the Canucks a better chance to win a Cup than Schneider does.

That being said, I hope MG lets AV roll both goalies in a tandem, at least up until the deadline if not until next season. We've seen a lot of goalies already injured this season due to the nature of the shortened season, and an injury to a goalie on a Canuck team that relies so heavily on that area of the game would be brutal.

Ok expert, I'll bite. Tell me all the technical ways that lou is better than Schneider and tell me about how and where you obtained this knowledge, down in Melbourne Australia ? You might come up with one, cuz thats all I came up with !

#202 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,197 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well, that's arguable. I think Luongo has been better overall this year, but really both have been good. Will it stay that way in years to come? Maybe for a bit, but I think Cory will clearly be better down the road.

Agree, although recently, Cory has been a bit better. Looks like he is picking up his game.

zackass.png

#203 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

It would have to be a pretty significant return for us to consider it I think. I wouldn't ever say never though.

Actually the difference in the 2 is negligable if you base it on stats. Lou has sp of .912 and Schneids is .910 , the difference in goals (4) is attrbuted to the increased shots Schneider has faced (39) over 11 games. Schneider has also played 24 minutes less than Lou. Do the math ! Schneider has, over the last 2 seasons, faced more shots per game more than Lou...maybe our team feels more confidant and can open up more with Schneids in goal

#204 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

To add. Schneider had a bad first game, but, since then, his stats are better than Mr Luongo !

#205 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

just as people on here have tough time with reading comprehension/reading between the lines - one only needs to think a little bit about a comment from a defeated player saying / volunteering I'd waive my NTC clause if asked, and what that means.

Moreover, if you have twitter and can read between the line and follow a fellow named Stombone1 you'd again see this person (luongo) has implied over and over he wants out.

Now is it possible Schnieds could be moved as per the reasons on the OP, yes. But can you simpletons stop acting like Loungo didnt ask to be traded without stating it verbatum????

If Ovi came out right now and said I'd waive my NTC do you think he's not asking for a trade?

WOW JUST WOW!!!

jsut because you want Luongo out of town doesn't mean he officially asked for a trade, how about stop reading between the lines and trying to find things that aren't there to justify your Luongo bashing which is scattered all over this website. if he wanted out that badly then he would have waived his NTC long ago and be gone already.

#206 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yeah but that is a critical reason why a trade needs to happen. We need more cap-space and simply cannot spend that kinda money in goal. I'm not denying Luo is a good goalie but his contract pretty much decreases his value to average as no GM esp one that is looking to re-build a team around a goalie would be looking to hamper themselves cap wise for years to come; oh yeah and then give up their best prospect/ 1st line player to do that XD (even Burkie passed and that REALLY says something). In a trade a players value is set essentially based on supply and demand. The demand for Luongo is fairly low due to his contract not so much his playing ability.

His contract is a BIG deal. That is precisely why we are trying to get rid of him in the first place lol. If he was making 2M we would love to keep him till he retires.

Unfortunately cap is going down next year and his slightly oversized contract is gonna get to being gigantic.

In any case, the point is it really doesn't matter what Luongo is worth. As of right now, having them both in goal is a little redundant.

According to cap geek our Payroll is 60.4 next year, with only 5 dmen and 7 forwards lol (and the goalies)
Somewhere in there we are going to have to give up players for nothing just like how SJ donated Ehrhoff to us!

Think of this trade...

Now think of this

Mason Raymond, Chris Higgins, Troy Brouwer,1st rd pick for Luongo, would you take it?

Gawd... you know... the longer this Luongo trade drags out the less I think we are gonna get in return for him... so with saying that... Yes... I'd take the deal Troy Brouwer and Washington's 1st pick for Luongo.... just wish Washington was interested

#207 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Think of this trade...

Now think of this

It is true that Lu's contract could be a burden going forward. But Schneider is far more likely to return a cap friendly contract or two in a trade. Schneider could return a young forward who is paid $3M but produces like a $6M player.

#208 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Actually the difference in the 2 is negligable if you base it on stats. Lou has sp of .912 and Schneids is .910 , the difference in goals (4) is attrbuted to the increased shots Schneider has faced (39) over 11 games. Schneider has also played 24 minutes less than Lou. Do the math ! Schneider has, over the last 2 seasons, faced more shots per game more than Lou...maybe our team feels more confidant and can open up more with Schneids in goal

Is that not still better this year? Or are you really trying to argue at all times regardless of who is playing better that Schneider is the best based on your evaluation?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#209 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Is that not still better this year? Or are you really trying to argue at all times regardless of who is playing better that Schneider is the best based on your evaluation?

I like Schneider better for a lot of reasons but am happy that Lou has improved some technical issues(he actually spoke about that). I was just pointing out that statisticly there is not much difference for those that say Lou is better because they don;t look at the stats. Thats all ! When Lou plays well, we are all happy and the same for Schneider. I just don;t believe that 2 top goalies is good for either of them. No rhythem or continuity for either.

#210 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I am leaning top Washington to make a move with Vancouver. Things are not going well in Washington.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.