Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

briana

Why does Vigneault often keep Luongo past 5 or 6 goals...

40 posts in this topic

Lu should only be pulled if he's having a bad game. When we're losing because the team is playing poorly, a timeout would be the best solution imo. No sense pulling the best player on the ice.

I strongly disagree. Patrick Roy, one of the best goalies of all time, was mad enough to demand a trade because he was left in for 8 goals in a regular season game. He's a guy who by that point had won 2 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe Trophy. It's an act of mercy on the part of the coach and this wasn't the first time that AV didn't pull Luongo when he absolutely should have.

Do you think leaving a goalie in for eight goals is a positive thing? Does it not hurt his confidence? I think all you have to do is look back at games 3 and 4 of the 2011 SCF for the answers to that. AV made a decision which I consider a mistake but which he's done throughout his tenure as coach of this team.

I can't remember what sports station I was watching, but they said Keenan tweeted Luongo and told him he wouldn't have kept him in for all 8. AV is terrible with handling players as he's shown over the years.

Linden

Naslund

Hodgson

Shirokov

M. Schneider

Kesler

Ballard

etc.

have all had problems with him at one time or another.

no one remembers when he first came to the team and threw hissy fits infront of the media about being pulled at 3 quick goals and how he shouldnt be and if it was his choice he would choose to stay in .. since then AV lets him hang himself.... luongo has always called the shots... same with the years everyone knew he was playing too much and all AV said was hes our #1 guy he gets paid the big money i ask him if he wants a day off and he said no .. and he would wear himself out befor the playoffs. its only been the last year where AV has grown some balls and pushed him to back up roll..

no one remembers when he first came to the team and threw hissy fits infront of the media about being pulled at 3 quick goals and how he shouldnt be and if it was his choice he would choose to stay in .. since then AV lets him hang himself.... luongo has always called the shots... same with the years everyone knew he was playing too much and all AV said was hes our #1 guy he gets paid the big money i ask him if he wants a day off and he said no .. and he would wear himself out befor the playoffs. its only been the last year where AV has grown some balls and pushed him to back up roll..

I can't remember what sports station I was watching, but they said Keenan tweeted Luongo and told him he wouldn't have kept him in for all 8. AV is terrible with handling players as he's shown over the years.

Linden

Naslund

Hodgson

Shirokov

M. Schneider

Kesler

Ballard

etc.

have all had problems with him at one time or another.

Stop the effing puck and it wouldn't be an issue

Last nite Rinne was pulled after 5 goals..Why doesn t Luongo get pulled after 4 or 5 goals.

This is where Vigneault is wrong..To leave Lu in nets for 8 goals this is not good coaching against Detroit.

The last team this happened to what the Habs when Patrick Roy..went to the bench and asked The GM to trade him ASAP.

Same thing against Boston.. This where I believe we lost the series. If he would have pulled him after 3 or 4 goals the series would have gone a different way!!

If i look at most games last nite even Holtby etc etc every nite most goalies get pulled after 3 or 4 goals also to possibly change the tempo of the game and not demolish your goalies mental.

Melanson not doing a good job either here

He probably wants both goalies to have similar stats for any possible goaltender trade. just a thought... although it was probably a flu going on and had no other options.

I strongly disagree. Patrick Roy, one of the best goalies of all time, was mad enough to demand a trade because he was left in for 8 goals in a regular season game. He's a guy who by that point had won 2 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe Trophy. It's an act of mercy on the part of the coach and this wasn't the first time that AV didn't pull Luongo when he absolutely should have.

He probably wants both goalies to have similar stats for any possible goaltender trade. just a thought... although it was probably a flu going on and had no other options.