The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

I can see Volpatti being a huge player for the Caps, they don't have a guy for this role. He fills their tough guy role nicely and he will be loved in Washington.

Last game in the Caps game, there was a scrum at the end but they had zero guys on the ice that could drop em.

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

There goes our toughest player on the team....

I still wish we win every game, but now I am at a point where I actually like to see big tough players from other team physically punish our Raymonds, Twins etc....MG or Av wants it this way, let's have the opponenet give it to the team.

Volpatti is too small to play the role he is best suited to, and lacks the skill to play anywhere but the 4th line .. he will be lucky to ever play more than half a season due to wear and tear on his body .. Weise has better potential and has actually learned to fight well enough to protect himself .. love Volpatti but his days are numbered ..

Now that he is in the East he will have to fight every game pretty well .. doubt he lasts past 10 games without getting concussed .. to bad .. great guy .. great life story ..

There goes our toughest player on the team....

I still wish we win every game, but now I am at a point where I actually like to see big tough players from other team physically punish our Raymonds, Twins etc....MG or Av wants it this way, let's have the opponenet give it to the team.

For all the people saying players like him are a dime a dozen. Well our top 9 forwards are assigned a certain role. Either scoring or checking or both. The fourth line is both physical and hopefully contributes in forechecking and maybe the odd goal here or there.

Lappy is the guy on the fourth line that can provide the offense. Volpatti was one of the few physical players on the team, and can fight and hold his own, and hits.

I'm sorry but the dime a dozen player seems to be Weise.

Stopped reading after page 2,typical over reaction from CDC.

Weise is the better player,Volpatti hit and fought besides that he wasnt a factor. We can upgrade that position closer to trade deadline,besides the factor something could be thrown in a trade move. I wouldnt sweat this MG has shown he knows what he is doing when it comes to calculated moves and cap manipulation. So relax people the sky is still blue and your not all getting anal probed by Aliens. See your day just got better.

Archived