The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Opinions change as teh situation does.

What about that don't you understand?!

Based on the limited information available, it looks like MG mis-judged Volpatti's attraction to other teams and lost an asset for nothing. Not cool!

If this turns out to be part of a bigger better deal, then that added information will obviously change the opinions here.

Volpatti was a piece Vancouver does need, but to be honest Dale Weise is the better player, offers more to the team and has a better skillset. Volpatti was more of a fan favorite who brings a lot of energy which cannot be discounted.

The loss of Volpatti won't be the Canucks demise, not to mention its very possible Pinizzotto will be in Vancouver sooner than later, and he will be a definate upgrade on Volpatti.

Washington is a better fit for Volpatti too, so this for his fans should work out.

He can pan out, but I seriously doubt it. I see a guy who admittedly tries very hard, but the skill just isn't there. I know it happens occasionally, but rarely do players suddenly 'break out' from 4th liner to something better at 24. I just think we need role players on the 4th line, and Weise while he tries to fight a lot.. just doesn't fit that role.

I really hope MG knows what he's doing, because to me, it looks like we just gave away our main fighter for nothing.

Aaron is a player we all loved but he can be easily replaced by a bigger stronger version people. I liked his speed his grit but when he got his butt handed to him by Douglas Murray I felt we needed more toughness for that 4th line spot. Best wishes to you Aaron Nuck nation has love for you still you will be missed.

Waive a 13th forward and people go nuts... unbelievable. The only reason people even give a rat's ass is because he's a BC native and yes, he always gave it his all.

Other than being a good hitter and a decent fighter? Nothing. Most of the time was lost in his own zone and couldn't make a play to save himself.

Weise may not be as good a fighter but offensively and defensively speaking he is markedly ahead.

If Volpatti was considered our main fighter, then we need a fighter. Look, I liked Volpatti, but never considered him a great fighter. And if he was our fighter, then how come in the 16 games he played vs the 19 Weise played, Weise answered the bell 6 times, and sites 4th in the league for fights, and Volpatti only 4, placing him 20th or so?

My point is neither were really fighters

Volpatti 1 point in 16 games

Weise 2 pts in 19 games

I think its safe to say, both aren't in the NHL to score...

That being said, Volpatti is a better hitter and fighter than Weise.

Weise however PKs

I'm not thrilled about this move as I feel like the team is too soft as is.

Waive a 13th forward and people go nuts... unbelievable. The only reason people even give a rat's ass is because he's a BC native and yes, he always gave it his all.

Other than being a good hitter and a decent fighter? Nothing. Most of the time was lost in his own zone and couldn't make a play to save himself.

Weise may not be as good a fighter but offensively and defensively speaking he is markedly ahead.

Geez. Toughness, sphmuphness. If we wanted to upgrade on toughness again for the time being, we'd simply call up Vandermeer and play him at forward. He is a far better hitter than Volpatti.

It's the lack of Bieksa and Kesler that impacts team toughness a LOT more than some plug who rides the bench 93% of the time.

Why is this town so in love with non-scoring, non-PKing, non-heavyweight 4th liners? Loveable loser syndrome?

Geez. Toughness, sphmuphness. If we wanted to upgrade on toughness again for the time being, we'd simply call up Vandermeer and play him at forward. He is a far better hitter than Volpatti.

It's the lack of Bieksa and Kesler that impacts team toughness a LOT more than some plug who rides the bench 93% of the time.

Why is this town so in love with non-scoring, non-PKing, non-heavyweight 4th liners? Loveable loser syndrome?

Archived