The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Opinions change as teh situation does.

What about that don't you understand?!

Based on the limited information available, it looks like MG mis-judged Volpatti's attraction to other teams and lost an asset for nothing. Not cool!

If this turns out to be part of a bigger better deal, then that added information will obviously change the opinions here.

Aaron is a player we all loved but he can be easily replaced by a bigger stronger version people. I liked his speed his grit but when he got his butt handed to him by Douglas Murray I felt we needed more toughness for that 4th line spot. Best wishes to you Aaron Nuck nation has love for you still you will be missed.

It's because we don't want our star players having to drop the mitts every other game.

These "plugs", whether you like it or not, have a valuable role in this league. They keep the opposing team honest.

What pisses me most off about this is that Gillis has been preaching about toughness and grit ever since we traded for Kassian, and then he goes and does this?

Geez. Toughness, sphmuphness. If we wanted to upgrade on toughness again for the time being, we'd simply call up Vandermeer and play him at forward. He is a far better hitter than Volpatti.

It's the lack of Bieksa and Kesler that impacts team toughness a LOT more than some plug who rides the bench 93% of the time.

Why is this town so in love with non-scoring, non-PKing, non-heavyweight 4th liners? Loveable loser syndrome?

I can't figure out this move at all....stupid move by MG (one of the few though).

Volpatti was everything that you want in a 4th line player so they had to know that the likelihood of him being claimed was very high. If a player is in demand why not trade him for a pick at least. I am getting fed up with Vancouver letting assets go for nothing. I do not consider Volpatti a fringe 4th liner either....he did his job well.

The only thing that might make sense is that they are clearing a roster spot in Chicago for Jensen or they just wanted Volpatti to develop more on the farm. The other possible is that Volpatti had higher expectations for a contract than Vancouver was willing to pay with the cap dropping.....but once again, they should have just traded him if this is the case.

Not happy by this move at all.. our team is as tough as a 12 year old girl midget team now.. Seriously.. I am not impressed whatsoever... This Manny situation, the lack resolution in net.. now losing one of the only guys with a set on our team

Unless something big is happening, I don't see this team going far..

Archived