#271 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Why?

You make a statement and I am curious if you have supporting info for it.
Other reason is I most likely dont agree with your idea of blunders and think it would be good to debate.

#272 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

You make a statement and I am curious if you have supporting info for it.
Other reason is I most likely dont agree with your idea of blunders and think it would be good to debate.

I have but Deb is closely watching me to slip as I'm on the watch list.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#273 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Bottom line, Volpatti new his role, never complained. Much better option that pee wee weise . If there were several claims in for him then the management simply blew it by not getting even a draft pick back in a trade. We have zero grit and have now become even easier to play against.

Steve Pinizzotto does everything Val crapy did plus has skill, now Weise has an other skilled player to play with. People on this board are so embarrassing they over react to a player who brough very little to the team especailly with a player like Pinizzotto being the reason he was put on waivers. Have no grit give your head a shake; Kassian, Beiksa, Hansen, Weise and now Pinizzotto(ten times better hockey player than Volpatti).

#274 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Dropping the gloves is great, but dropping the gloves and losing a fight when the team is looking for energy just drains the energy from the bench even more.

Oh look! It's 3-1 for the other team and Weise is gonna drop the gloves!!! YEAH!! Oh wait, he just got the <bleep> pounded out of him. So we can't win on the scoreboard, or through a fight... yay... pack 'er in boys.

#275 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I'm with you on this one. If the other teams can do this to the Canucks on a weekly basis, maybe... just MAYBE, GMMG and AV will notice what's going on.

It isn't that doesn't notice; he knows the game far better than any of us here. It's just that as a committed hockey pacifist, his goal isn't just to win in the most pragmatic way possible. He means to prove that you can win with zero toughness in the playoffs. Call it his mission. But don't ever question his missionary zeal.

#276 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

Steve Pinizzotto does everything Val crapy did plus has skill, now Weise has an other skilled player to play with. People on this board are so embarrassing they over react to a player who brough very little to the team especailly with a player like Pinizzotto being the reason he was put on waivers. Have no grit give your head a shake; Kassian, Beiksa, Hansen, Weise and now Pinizzotto(ten times better hockey player than Volpatti).

What remains to be seen is if that skill translates to the NHL. He has never played a Regular season NHL game yet, so until he shows it, I remain skeptical as to how much more he brings over Volpatti
Sig too big.

#277 garthsbutcher

garthsbutcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Pinozzotto, oh yes the highly coveted career AHL player who is often injured!. There is a reason Volpatti was claimed!!!!! Please dont talk about grit and include Hansens name in there. We are the softest team in the NHL now.

#278 garthsbutcher

garthsbutcher

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

LMAO "another skilled player to play with" implying what that Weise has skill!!!! give your head a shake

#279 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

If you look at possible line up
Sedins-burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-booth
Higgins-lapierre-Hansen
Weise-ebbett-kassian

Our team is still to small to win a cup leafs no what they're doing with mclaren , Orr , brown , fraser definately toughest team in the league and we have weise and kassian ! Both average fighters

#280 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

What is actually totally amazing is we are 10 pages in on a 4th line player in 4 hours, that's crazy man.
Sig too big.

#281 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Lol you made my day. 'hey don't worry they have a career severely injured AHL player to replace a capable nhl role player'

You should tell the other nhl teams that.

#282 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Look there has got to be a reason for this, Gillis isn't stupid, he doesn't just drop players randomly. It makes no sense for Gillis to dump him after Kesler got injured again. I'm thinking a trade is impending.

If this is the case then why didn't they just trade Volpatti? It would be better then losing a good 4th line player for nothing!

29mln9e.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#283 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Pinozzotto, oh yes the highly coveted career AHL player who is often injured!. There is a reason Volpatti was claimed!!!!! Please dont talk about grit and include Hansens name in there. We are the softest team in the NHL now.

I sure the hell do include Hansen and forgot Burrows both forecheck and are hard to play against because of their hard nose play on the puck.

#284 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

If you look at possible line up
Sedins-burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-booth
Higgins-lapierre-Hansen
Weise-ebbett-kassian

Our team is still to small to win a cup leafs no what they're doing with mclaren , Orr , brown , fraser definately toughest team in the league and we have weise and kassian ! Both average fighters

The Habs just walked all over the big bad Leafs last night, ole ole..lol.

#285 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Lol you made my day. 'hey don't worry they have a career severely injured AHL player to replace a capable nhl role player'

You should tell the other nhl teams that.

Lol you made my day only idiots worry about a 4th liner who bring almost nothing to the team. I just can not believe the amount of stupid on this board for a player who would not even play in the playoffs.

#286 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

'Heart and soul player' Sure. If not being able to play hockey all that well or not being able to play a full season counts as heart and soul.

Knowing him personally, and having been a teammate of his, I am going to step in and defend your attack here. He is a heart and soul player. He was never a top talent on any team he played for, and made the NHL on heart, soul and effort alone. Always a popular guy with the team as he would go to battle for you. I don't know where in the hockey dictionary it says Heart and Soul means being a skilled player that is immune to injury.

He knew his role, and put everything he could into it. Something you don't find often with guys in the NHL, as they are used to all their lives having been the top players on their teams and often go into a sulk when they are expected to change their roles and accept them.

#287 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lol you made my day only idiots worry about a 4th liner who bring almost nothing to the team. I just can not believe the amount of stupid on this board for a player who would not even play in the playoffs.

Ya cuz I'm the idiot that thinks a career ahl player who is constantly injured is the answer. Good logic.

Edited by Mighty Walrus, 28 February 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#288 riske1

riske1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Pick up Sestito before the Coilers.Somehow.....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

#289 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

CDC is so angry over losing a scrub player, I don't get it. Guys like Volpatti and Weise are a dime a dozen.

wZEgqzy.png

#290 riske1

riske1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Knowing him personally, and having been a teammate of his, I am going to step in and defend your attack here. He is a heart and soul player. He was never a top talent on any team he played for, and made the NHL on heart, soul and effort alone. Always a popular guy with the team as he would go to battle for you. I don't know where in the hockey dictionary it says Heart and Soul means being a skilled player that is immune to injury.

He knew his role, and put everything he could into it. Something you don't find often with guys in the NHL, as they are used to all their lives having been the top players on their teams and often go into a sulk when they are expected to change their roles and accept them.

Thank you for your response. Its refreshing to hear someone with common sense around these parts.

#291 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

CDC is so angry over losing a scrub player, I don't get it. Guys like Volpatti and Weise are a dime a dozen.

They really are. Weise should end up being better than Volpatti though.
Posted Image

#292 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

It isn't that doesn't notice; he knows the game far better than any of us here. It's just that as a committed hockey pacifist, his goal isn't just to win in the most pragmatic way possible. He means to prove that you can win with zero toughness in the playoffs. Call it his mission. But don't ever question his missionary zeal.

There comes a time when you need to take a closer look at reality because quite frankly, if that is his mission, he has failed year after year.

Unfortunately, when you look at the previous 3 Stanley Cup champions, all 3 have had a healthy dose of grit and sandpaper.

But personally, I don't actually believe it is the toughness that wins the Cup, but rather it's the toughness that gets you there with the best opportunity to win the cup (more specifically, getting to the Finals with the least amount of injuries).

I'm not sure if you or others on here have played the sport in an organized league, but believe me that having toughness on your team makes a very big difference in terms of the number of hits another team decides to throw in your direction. I'm not a big guy, but I sure played big when I had a couple linemates in the 6'3" range willing to goto war with me :)

#293 riske1

riske1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

The Habs just walked all over the big bad Leafs last night, ole ole..lol.

Where were you a week or so ago when it was 6 - love?

#294 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm not surprised people are bashing Pinnizotto, seeing as they go by his stat lines and not oh I don't know... Watching him play?

Then again the majority of posters here watch nothing but the Canucks so an informed opinion really is too much to ask for.

Edited by Dellins, 28 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#295 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,858 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

They really are. Weise should end up being better than Volpatti though.

Don't get me wrong, I liked both. It makes complete sense to wave Volpatti over Weise though. Weise is only 24, and has more upside than Volpatti. I know sometimes I joke around about how great Weise is, but he's been far more versatile than Volpatti. Sure he isn't the best fighter, but he'll step up if he needs to. He even kills penalties now.

Weise and Volpatti are easy to replace players, but Weise has more potential and made complete sense to keep.

wZEgqzy.png

#296 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,889 posts

Open season on the Sedins, we were already soft to play against even with Volpatti in the lineup, now Carcillo is licking his chops next time we face the Hawks.

MG is in freaking denial if he thinks were ok toughness wise, Hamhuis and Bieksa basically begged MG to sign Vandermeer and him saying the talk around the leauge is that the Canucks are soft, says alot about our 'team toughness'.

I agree, if they apparently knew that there were intrests in him prior to waiving him, why not freaking trade him for a pick or anything?!

We finally find a hard nosed 4th line winger thats done everything he's been asked to and we waive him.. wtf does that say to the players in the farm thats trying to earn a spot?

We lost him just to get Pinozotto off the IR when we could've just sent JS to Chicago temprarily and keep Volpatti..

I know he's just a 4th liner but this move is so so stupid alot of stupid went in the thought process on this one.

MG is losing his magic, he better have a splash deal to turn this team into an instant contender or he'll be gone before AV.

#297 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,597 posts

He played for Doug MacLean who says "he can play". My bet is, Edmonton picks him up. They apparently wanted Volpatti.

Cue the posts like, "OMG, Flyers are so stupid, Holmgren is so stupid and the worst GM ever. First he signs Bryz and then trades away Carter and Richards so the Kings can win the cup, then he waives Sestito. He must have known someone would claim him, why didn't he trade him? I don't understand this, worst move ever."

No? People wouldn't react like that when it's not our 4th line grinder getting waived?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#298 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,744 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Pinner was hurt playing for the Wolves, can and should report back to the Wolves; I can't see how Pinnizotto affects anything?

Unless they are calling him straight up to the Canucks; which I also doubt as he has never played a reg season game? Gotta get some game conditioning before an NHL debut...

Or am I missing something? Otherwise this is just a move by MG.

Mind Juggle = puzzle to see the logic!

There better be e better reason than Pinnizotto needing to come of IR to lose Volpatti.

He was the only pure grit player the team had, played his role well and wanted to be a Canuck.

I wish him the best and can't help but thin this is a mistake..

#299 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't get me wrong, I liked both. It makes complete sense to wave Volpatti over Weise though. Weise is only 24, and has more upside than Volpatti. I know sometimes I joke around about how great Weise is, but he's been far more versatile than Volpatti. Sure he isn't the best fighter, but he'll step up if he needs to. He even kills penalties now.

Weise and Volpatti are easy to replace players, but Weise has more potential and made complete sense to keep.

I could never get you wrong :wub:

I agree. I would have waived Volpatti over Weise because of the age difference. They play an identical game and pretty much do everything equally. I'll take the younger guy in that regard.
Posted Image

#300 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah Gillis should have gotten us at least a 7th round pick for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.