The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Not happy by this move at all.. our team is as tough as a 12 year old girl midget team now.. Seriously.. I am not impressed whatsoever... This Manny situation, the lack resolution in net.. now losing one of the only guys with a set on our team

Unless something big is happening, I don't see this team going far..

I can't say that I'm overly upset about losing a 4th line, dime-a-dozen, fringe NHLer. That said, Volpatti was a Canuck and I cheered for him when he played. Good luck with the 'Caps!

Now, I wish they would recall Vandermeer instead of Ebbett. Jimmy could play D until KB3 comes back and then he could play wing on the 4th line.

So many of you are saying he's a dime-a-dozen player. Find me one that you can acquire for FREE, because if we need to give up something to replace Volpatti, it shows clear asset mismanagement. I think THAT is the reason people on here are upset, not the fact that we lost a 4th liner.

So many of you are saying he's a dime-a-dozen player. Find me one that you can acquire for FREE, because if we need to give up something to replace Volpatti, it shows clear asset mismanagement. I think THAT is the reason people on here are upset, not the fact that we lost a 4th liner.

First of all, I would like to wish Volpatti all the best in Washington. Mabey he can teach Ovechkin a thing or two. ::D

I am wondering why we didn't trade him? We all knew he would get claimed. He plays bigger than he is, he was the only player on this team that can fight, and he even scored a goal. Who do we have now Weise? The guy has a lot of heart but I would not want him to pick up all the fights that need to be taken. Anyways, who is getting called up or is a trade in the works?

Quick question, in the new CBA does his salary get knocked off our books?

Big mistake, He's the kind of player we need for the playoffs hits, fights if need be, didn't the Canucks management notice the type of teams that have won the cup lately?

Maybe there's someting going on behind the scene . I hope so this teams as it is will get bounced first round again.

Archived