The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Very sorry to see hom go, happy he had the opportunity to stay in the NHL.

Would much rather have him over Wiese. Wiese may kill penalties over Volpaiit, but so do 6 or 7 others. Volpatti can hit and scrap with the best of them and isn't afraid to go outside hit weight calss.

Should have waived Wiese, put Kesler on the IR for a week to allow Pinozotto to pass thru for his conditioning stint or bounced Schroeder, who doesn't need waivers, down and back for Pinozotto.

So much for being a harder team to play against. Not only do we lose an asset, but we become easier team to play against. A move like this does not inspire confidence in the gm. What do we have on the farm that has NHL speed and toughness? What is MG up to? I hope it's light at the end of the tunnel and not a train.

Ya another great move by MG, one of our best 4th liners who actually was able to be an impact on the 4th line is now gone for nothing, but we keep Weise? Probably all because of AVs new love affair with Weise, I'm also sick of this coach making favorites out of plugs instead of making favorites out of actually talented players.

Wow, what the f*** were they thinking? I thought this team wanted to be tougher to play against, and we gave our main fighter away for nothing. Volpatti was a great 4th liner for us so far this year and that's how we repay him, great. They must have known he'd get claimed off waivers.

I guess we get to watch Dale "the dutch all star" Weise get punched in the face repeatedly and lose fights from now on. I think AV has a Rome-crush on Weise and thinks he's going to be some sort of genuine scorer or something, not a freaking chance. Volpatti could actually win fights.

So I guess now what is our 4th line? A terrible enforcer with 0 hands in Weise, Lapierre who has been under performing considering his skills, and I guess we're going to call up some unproven 4th liner who's been injured for 30 years?

The Canucks management lately has been a joke.

Ya another great move by MG, one of our best 4th liners who actually was able to be an impact on the 4th line is now gone for nothing, but we keep Weise? Probably all because of AVs new love affair with Weise, I'm also sick of this coach making favorites out of plugs instead of making favorites out of actually talented players.

ya definitely I just visit these boards daily because I like reading your posts. You can check my activity in gdt if your that concerned that i don't watch games. I find when users like yourself begin to lose points in arguments, they result in accusing other of being 12 or not watching games.

As sad as I am to see Volpatti goes (guy throws cannon ball like hits ala Raffi Torres), I hope he gets ice time in WSH and if in the off season he is available the Canucks re-sign him. I doubt Volpatti holds any grudge.

With Waivers you take a chance and him being claimed is part of the buisness

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

Archived