The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Steve Pinizzotto does everything Val crapy did plus has skill, now Weise has an other skilled player to play with. People on this board are so embarrassing they over react to a player who brough very little to the team especailly with a player like Pinizzotto being the reason he was put on waivers. Have no grit give your head a shake; Kassian, Beiksa, Hansen, Weise and now Pinizzotto(ten times better hockey player than Volpatti).

If you look at possible line up

Sedins-burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-booth

Higgins-lapierre-Hansen

Weise-ebbett-kassian

Our team is still to small to win a cup leafs no what they're doing with mclaren , Orr , brown , fraser definately toughest team in the league and we have weise and kassian ! Both average fighters

Knowing him personally, and having been a teammate of his, I am going to step in and defend your attack here. He is a heart and soul player. He was never a top talent on any team he played for, and made the NHL on heart, soul and effort alone. Always a popular guy with the team as he would go to battle for you. I don't know where in the hockey dictionary it says Heart and Soul means being a skilled player that is immune to injury.

He knew his role, and put everything he could into it. Something you don't find often with guys in the NHL, as they are used to all their lives having been the top players on their teams and often go into a sulk when they are expected to change their roles and accept them.

It isn't that doesn't notice; he knows the game far better than any of us here. It's just that as a committed hockey pacifist, his goal isn't just to win in the most pragmatic way possible. He means to prove that you can win with zero toughness in the playoffs. Call it his mission. But don't ever question his missionary zeal.

I'm not surprised people are bashing Pinnizotto, seeing as they go by his stat lines and not oh I don't know... Watching him play?

Then again the majority of posters here watch nothing but the Canucks so an informed opinion really is too much to ask for.

Open season on the Sedins, we were already soft to play against even with Volpatti in the lineup, now Carcillo is licking his chops next time we face the Hawks.

MG is in freaking denial if he thinks were ok toughness wise, Hamhuis and Bieksa basically begged MG to sign Vandermeer and him saying the talk around the leauge is that the Canucks are soft, says alot about our 'team toughness'.

I agree, if they apparently knew that there were intrests in him prior to waiving him, why not freaking trade him for a pick or anything?!

We finally find a hard nosed 4th line winger thats done everything he's been asked to and we waive him.. wtf does that say to the players in the farm thats trying to earn a spot?

We lost him just to get Pinozotto off the IR when we could've just sent JS to Chicago temprarily and keep Volpatti..

I know he's just a 4th liner but this move is so so stupid alot of stupid went in the thought process on this one.

MG is losing his magic, he better have a splash deal to turn this team into an instant contender or he'll be gone before AV.

Pinner was hurt playing for the Wolves, can and should report back to the Wolves; I can't see how Pinnizotto affects anything?

Unless they are calling him straight up to the Canucks; which I also doubt as he has never played a reg season game? Gotta get some game conditioning before an NHL debut...

Or am I missing something? Otherwise this is just a move by MG.

Mind Juggle = puzzle to see the logic!

There better be e better reason than Pinnizotto needing to come of IR to lose Volpatti.

He was the only pure grit player the team had, played his role well and wanted to be a Canuck.

I wish him the best and can't help but thin this is a mistake..

Don't get me wrong, I liked both. It makes complete sense to wave Volpatti over Weise though. Weise is only 24, and has more upside than Volpatti. I know sometimes I joke around about how great Weise is, but he's been far more versatile than Volpatti. Sure he isn't the best fighter, but he'll step up if he needs to. He even kills penalties now.

Weise and Volpatti are easy to replace players, but Weise has more potential and made complete sense to keep.

Archived