The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Even if I like Kassian, like CoHo (not a fanboy and didn't whine about him going), would have rather moved Luongo already and am patient & feel like I trust in GMMG - I am getting worried if he missed a beat somewhere. We're still leading our division and had a good run there for a while. But even GMMG can't say we don't need help on offense & D. What is going on?

Someone else already gave you a posi for this post.

Lets make that 2!

:towel:

But seeing as Patti is gone; lets beat the drum for a talented heart and soul guy in our near future? And it need not be restricted to a guy willing to stand up; guys like Dougie Gilmour, Fleury, Burrows...

Chicago's 4th line looks dynamite and a threat to score flying all over the ice centered by Krueger, and still with some meat on its bones (Bollig)...

By my take; we should sign or trade for a veteran centre and a veteran RW, and our 4th line should be Higgins/Schroeder / Kassian. Schroeder could still centre the 2knd PP. And they should fore check like mad frickin demons, be a threat to score and any could move up to a top line at any time for match up's/injuries!

The team could roll 4 lines with impunity. A veteran like Brouwer already knows how to stick his nose in, where to score, how to keep his body ready to giver er hell every day. As good as Kass is, he still needs to learn that at his age. These guys would still be playing with some serious talent and it would make them earn their time which did a world of good for guys like Kesler and Burrows when they came up!

Knowing him personally, and having been a teammate of his, I am going to step in and defend your attack here. He is a heart and soul player. He was never a top talent on any team he played for, and made the NHL on heart, soul and effort alone. Always a popular guy with the team as he would go to battle for you. I don't know where in the hockey dictionary it says Heart and Soul means being a skilled player that is immune to injury.

He knew his role, and put everything he could into it. Something you don't find often with guys in the NHL, as they are used to all their lives having been the top players on their teams and often go into a sulk when they are expected to change their roles and accept them.

Weise never wins a fight and that is important, how you don't see that is beyond me. Bieksa can kill weise if they fought. What does that say about his fighting abilities when the supposed 4th line tough guy would get destroyed by bieksa who is a top 4 defenseman. Volpatti is respected by his teammates when he beats middleweights and puts up a fight against heavyweights. He played his role perfectly. When burrows took a late hit a couple of games ago volpatti came on the ice right away and had a talking with the player. I'm sorry but weise can't do any of that.

Steve Pinizzotto does everything Val crapy did plus has skill, now Weise has an other skilled player to play with. People on this board are so embarrassing they over react to a player who brough very little to the team especailly with a player like Pinizzotto being the reason he was put on waivers. Have no grit give your head a shake; Kassian, Beiksa, Hansen, Weise and now Pinizzotto(ten times better hockey player than Volpatti).

Archived