The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti CLAIMED by Caps

Strombone1

Those aren't the only options.

You could have simply sent Schroeder down for a day to open up the spot (he is not subject to waivers). Then you could have activated Pinizotto... sent him on conditioning stint and recalled Schroeder in plenty of time for the next game.

The only reasonable answer is that they assumed Volpatti would clear.

If several teams put in claims you could have traded him for a 5th rounder or something.

Makes no sense unless there is a larger picture happening. Who do we have that is better for that role right now? Do we now not put Pinizotto on a conditioning stint as we need him in the lineup nowadays?

Did management pull the waiver trigger too early without knowing what Kesler's status was gonna be? What are the rules regarding placing a player on IR? I assume since Kes is out for a month to month-and-a-half, we could have put Kes on IR to free up a spot on the roster instead of waiving Volpatti. Am I missing something here?

That's too bad. I like Volpatti. But, people need to tie their wigs down and chill. Volpatti was only on contract for this year, after which he was set to be an UFA. So, after this season we wouldn't have gotten anything for him anyway. And, let's be honest, we weren't getting too much for a guy who will never be anything more than a 4th line hulk. Just because a team will pick a guy like him up off waivers doesn't mean they were going to be willing to actually give up anything to get him.

As others have pointed out, he is a very similar player to others we have and Weise just edges him out.

Weise in 19 games: 6 fights, 2 pts (1GW), TOI/G 9:29

Volpatti in 16 games: 4 fights, 1 pt, TOI/G 7:18

So, sad to see you go, Volpatti. Best wishes in your career!

*sighs*

Definitely not the news I wanted to wake up to. It really does feel like this organization was cursed, nothing can go right. What happened to MG and Volpatti agreeing that he should get more ice time in the AHL? The quotes I'm seeing go out on Twitter seem to suggest that Patti may have disagreed... Gillis's credibility is going through the tubes right now.

So you dont respect Weise and thats the reason you want your boy to knock him the f..k out yeah thats as about as clueless as it comes. Weise is still here because he has way more upside than Volpatti, he does much more overall than Aaron. Btw i think Weise would hold his own in a scrap with Volpatti. Dont throw the homer tag around when you are clearly riding Aarons bag.

So where is Weise's upside? I've been hearing people sock puppet that same line for the last couple of years, He gets fourth line minutes, he's 24, and people think he's going to suddenly break out and be a scorer? Please. I just don't see it. And he sucks dick at fighting. I'd much rather have Volpatti than the human punching bag.

That's too bad. I like Volpatti. But, people need to tie their wigs down and chill. Volpatti was only on contract for this year, after which he was set to be an UFA. So, after this season we wouldn't have gotten anything for him anyway. And, let's be honest, we weren't getting too much for a guy who will never be anything more than a 4th line hulk. Just because a team will pick a guy like him up off waivers doesn't mean they were going to be willing to actually give up anything to get him.

As others have pointed out, he is a very similar player to others we have and Weise just edges him out.

Weise in 19 games: 6 fights, 2 pts (1GW), TOI/G 9:29

Volpatti in 16 games: 4 fights, 1 pt, TOI/G 7:18

So, sad to see you go, Volpatti. Best wishes in your career!

How is my post "clueless"? If you're going to call somebody out at least make some sense. What's "clueless" about wanting a fighter and player you respect to win a fight against a fighter and player you don't respect? Because Weise is a Canuck and Volpatti isn't? Yeah that makes lots of sense. When somebody becomes a Canuck it doesn't make you obligated to fall in love with them.

Classless I can't take. Homers love to throw that word around.

Archived