474 replies to this topic

#241 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

Source?

#242 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

This move made absolutely no sense. Volpatti could have 4C, Lappy 3C and Schroeder on the 2nd. Making room for Ebbett? Ebbett sucks. I loved Volpatti and the way he played, perfect 4th liner.

Edited by Lockhart, 28 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#243 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I can see Volpatti being a huge player for the Caps, they don't have a guy for this role. He fills their tough guy role nicely and he will be loved in Washington.

Last game in the Caps game, there was a scrum at the end but they had zero guys on the ice that could drop em.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#244 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

I heard via the rumour mill that Aaron was demanding to be played more. And that his agent and father were also harassing MG. I have no evidence of this but Gillis hasn't denied it either so it must be true.

He didn't want to be here. No one liked him. He was a prima dona and had to go. His replacement Pinizzotto, even though he's only played like 16 games in the last two years and makes Salo look like Iron Man, will be waaaaaaaaay better at the same role. We don't need no whiners.

I don't believe that.

#245 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

You knew the Caps would claim him?

I knew SOMEONE would claim him...

#246 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

There goes our toughest player on the team....
I still wish we win every game, but now I am at a point where I actually like to see big tough players from other team physically punish our Raymonds, Twins etc....MG or Av wants it this way, let's have the opponenet give it to the team.

#247 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

hahahaha we get like 10 hits a game and now that he is gone we are gonna look like pusses

#248 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

This move is good for Volpatti's career. Going to a non pacifist regime, he should get a better opportunity to develop his game than he ever would have received here. Also this helps Gillis soften up his roster for a spring beatdown so that's positive as well!

Edited by Keke Mortson's helmet, 28 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#249 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Volpatti is too small to play the role he is best suited to, and lacks the skill to play anywhere but the 4th line .. he will be lucky to ever play more than half a season due to wear and tear on his body .. Weise has better potential and has actually learned to fight well enough to protect himself .. love Volpatti but his days are numbered ..

Now that he is in the East he will have to fight every game pretty well .. doubt he lasts past 10 games without getting concussed .. to bad .. great guy .. great life story ..

What? Volpatti was a great fighter. How was he too small for his role (215lbs)? Did you see him play? <_<

#250 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Source?

It's fake. He basically just took the Hodgson story and pasted Volpatti over top. Volpatti's agent said Vancouver was his dream team today, and is disappointed to leave but happy to stay in the NHL.

Edited by zoner., 28 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image

#251 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I don't believe that.

I just woke up....but I think you just got bazingered.

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#252 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

It's fake. He basically just took the Hodgson story and pasted Volpatti over top. Volpatti's agent said Vancouver was his dream team today, and is disappointed to leave but happy to stay in the NHL.

Well I was hoping it was true so that we'd have a legit reason for getting rid of him.

#253 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

There goes our toughest player on the team....
I still wish we win every game, but now I am at a point where I actually like to see big tough players from other team physically punish our Raymonds, Twins etc....MG or Av wants it this way, let's have the opponenet give it to the team.

I'm with you on this one. If the other teams can do this to the Canucks on a weekly basis, maybe... just MAYBE, GMMG and AV will notice what's going on.

#254 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,692 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

For all the people saying players like him are a dime a dozen. Well our top 9 forwards are assigned a certain role. Either scoring or checking or both. The fourth line is both physical and hopefully contributes in forechecking and maybe the odd goal here or there.
Lappy is the guy on the fourth line that can provide the offense. Volpatti was one of the few physical players on the team, and can fight and hold his own, and hits.

I'm sorry but the dime a dozen player seems to be Weise.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#255 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

As soon as I saw him waived I knew we were not going to get him back. Pretty unhappy about that.
Posted Image

#256 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Two words

Steve Pinizzotto
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#257 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Stopped reading after page 2,typical over reaction from CDC.

Weise is the better player,Volpatti hit and fought besides that he wasnt a factor. We can upgrade that position closer to trade deadline,besides the factor something could be thrown in a trade move. I wouldnt sweat this MG has shown he knows what he is doing when it comes to calculated moves and cap manipulation. So relax people the sky is still blue and your not all getting anal probed by Aliens. See your day just got better.

#258 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,896 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Damn. Good luck to Volpatti in WSH

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#259 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

As soon as I saw him waived I knew we were not going to get him back. Pretty unhappy about that.

Exactly. With the amount of fans that could see the writing on the wall, I'd be shocked if GMMG didn't know the outcome of this move. This wasn't a gamble (as some people like to make it sound like), he knew exactly what would happen. So, he either wanted to just dump Volpatti, or there's more to this story that hasn't surfaced yet (ie. trade).

#260 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

MG should be fired for this latest in a series of blunders.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#261 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Could have traded him for a 5th round easily.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#262 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

With a healthy lineup, and hopefully a couple moves at the deadline, Volpatti wouldn't have even had a spot on the roster.

If we want toughness for the regular season, that's one thing. If we want toughness for the playoffs we're gonna have to do a whole lot better than Volpatti. We need toughness that can play more than 5 minutes.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#263 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

With a healthy lineup, and hopefully a couple moves at the deadline, Volpatti wouldn't have even had a spot on the roster.

If we want toughness for the regular season, that's one thing. If we want toughness for the playoffs we're gonna have to do a whole lot better than Volpatti. We need toughness that can play more than 5 minutes.

True. Still liked what he was contributing when he played. Kassian is going to provide a lot of that toughness.
Posted Image

#264 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Tom Sestito please. 13 pounds heavier, 4 inches taller, fights, stands up for his teammates, can pot the odd goal better than Weise can. This guy will probably be picked up by Edmonton or something but if he's still available Canucks should grab him

#265 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

It's funny how some people don't get it.

Wiese fights too, you don't get any points for winning a fight. It doesn't really matter that Volpatti fought a little better it's that Wiese has way more upside and can play a more versatile role. Essentially he does every single thing Volpatti does and more.

You also realize that Wiese can play the PK, and he plays 2 minutes more per game, His one goal is also a gamer winner. Add to that he can move up the line-up if need be and the choice is obvious. This is really only Dale's second year in NHL. Volpatti has been on the wrong side of the door looking in for years.

Weise never wins a fight and that is important, how you don't see that is beyond me. Bieksa can kill weise if they fought. What does that say about his fighting abilities when the supposed 4th line tough guy would get destroyed by bieksa who is a top 4 defenseman. Volpatti is respected by his teammates when he beats middleweights and puts up a fight against heavyweights. He played his role perfectly. When burrows took a late hit a couple of games ago volpatti came on the ice right away and had a talking with the player. I'm sorry but weise can't do any of that.

#266 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

MG should be fired for this latest in a series of blunders.

Interesting. What are his recent blunders?

#267 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Should have dumped Weise instead of Volpatti........

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#268 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Could have traded him for a 5th round easily.

Prolly, but, really? Our problem is a lack of fifth round draft picks?

Like Maxim Trunev, Mark Olver, Tomas Kubalik, Linden Rowat, John Lee, Andrew Conboy, David Meckler, Tomas Zaborsky, or Robert Nyholm?

Never heard of them? 5th round draft picks of 06, 07, 08. BTW, no one else has heard of the either.

I for one was not worried about not having an extra 5th round draft pick.
Sig too big.

#269 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Interesting. What are his recent blunders?

Why?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#270 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Should have dumped Weise instead of Volpatti........

Weise moves up the lines,Volpatti not so much. The knock on Weise is his fighting,its hard to watch but he still will fight anyone.
Volpatti was great but Weise came back from Europe with a extra step in his game. That is why we keep him over Volpatti.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.