The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] when will AV get the axe?

WindChaser

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do not think AV or MG are going anywhere for a few years. I do not understand AV line choices for the last couple games. It seem like he was trying to get Kes going, but Higgins and Hansen as his wingers makes very little sense. I know a lot of people where hoping for the forward lines to look like this when Kesler was healthy:

Sedins Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Weise

Seems to be the best balance of talent for this team when healthy.

With Kes out the forward lines should be:

Sedins Burrows ( have to keep the only scoring line together)

Booth ebbett Kassian ( Booth has to start getting second line minutes, Kassian plays a lot better with more ice time and bigger role. Ebbett thou not ideal is an ok playmaker which will be best used between two big wingers)

Raymond Schroeder Hansen ( They work good together most games and seem to own the puck most shifts)

Higgins Lapierre Weise ( A forth line that can play some meaningful minutes)

Yes weak down the middle, but if Booth and Kassian take advantage of this opportunity to take a leadership role and play great hockey it could be good. Ebbett has enough talent to help support Booth and Kassian.

The Raymond line just needs to play the way they were when first put together.

The Higgins Line has potential to be a decent line.

Question for the mods- What is the criteria for locking a thread?

- and they lock it; very comical. What is the criteria? anything MG doesn't like or makes him look bad gets locked down. (I'd like to know who these people are. Let's have some names.)

Question for the mods- What is the criteria for locking a thread?

- and they lock it; very comical. What is the criteria? anything MG doesn't like or makes him look bad gets locked down. (I'd like to know who these people are. Let's have some names.)

You obviously know a lot about him and the past mediocre Sabre squads he's taken much farther than they should have ever gone.... You would be a lot more credible if you even knew how to spell his name correctly. Don't even try saying it was a "typo". The Sabres went into the crapper because of Darcy Regier's incompetent decisions, not because of Lindy Ruff's coaching skills.

One thing I have noticed is since we have put Burrows with the top line the Sedin's have been producing more, but the 2nd line and our PK has suffered greatly. I think the extra minutes put on Burrows is hurting his ability to be the shut down defensive forward we need since Kesler is unable to perform at the same level as Alex at this time. I have been saying to put Kesler with the Sedin`s for a while now, as the Sedin`s have got their boost and their confidence. Time to stick Kassian or someone else with the Sedin`s and make Burrows the main focus of the 2nd line.

That said MG has a bigger hard on for AV then AV did for Rome so I don`t think anything short of a really early exit this year will cause him to leave. Summer 2014 is when I see AV finally going somewhere else.

Bigger question might be, who does AV coach after the Nucks?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived