The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] when will AV get the axe?

WindChaser

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From what I can notice, other than top line, none of our other lines have been able to find any chemistry due to the constant line juggling,and here some stats to keep in mind

- we were 8-2-2 before Kesler returned (this includes a 6-0-1 record against division), meaning 2-2-1 against non-divisional teams

- 2-3-2 since Kesler returned, all against non-divisional teams

so as you can see, we're playing like garbage and our position would be a lot different if we weren't in this crappy NW division... has AV been figured out by other coaches and is unable to get out of jam now by simply juggling his line-up? do we simply need a new voice behind the bench because AV has lost his? and most importantly, do we need a non-line juggler so that the players can actually play with each other enough to develop chemistry?

ps. I voted if we get eliminated from playoffs.. simply because I believe AV will get the benefit of the doubt with the lockout and injuries

I have been an AV supporter but I am starting to think that it is probably time for a change.

If AV does get the axe, his best probable replacement is likely going to be someone who is currently working. Unless you want to go with the interim head-coach approach, it would be better to make a change in the summer when you can offer promotions to guys that are currently working elsewhere.

I don't think there are any currently unemployed coaches that I would prefer to see in here over AV.

I would sack MG before I would sack AV. The guy has given us NOTHING in 2 years. However in that time he has seen off Sammy, Sami, Hodgson, Erhoff, Manny (although Manny is trying to resist it) Rome, Sulzer and now Volpatti.

Arguably we got next to nothing back for these stalwarts.

I would sack MG before I would sack AV. The guy has given us NOTHING in 2 years. However in that time he has seen off Sammy, Sami, Hodgson, Erhoff, Manny (although Manny is trying to resist it) Rome, Sulzer and now Volpatti.

Arguably we got next to nothing back for these stalwarts.

AV is on thin ice but if im Aqualini i'm also starting to pay attention to MG.

If Gillis only adds a Pahlsson and a Gragnani again then maybe its time to consider a new gm.

Neither AV or MG are looking too good right now.

They compiled and coach a soft team that doesn't play for 60 minutes.

Is it the coaching ? is it the GM ? is is the players ?

its all 3 if u ask me. coach is too comfortable, the core is too comfortable and our GM still doesnt seem to get the obvious needs of this team.

I thought he would have been done after the first round exit. But Gillis saw it as, its not the coaching fault, if Luongo lets in 10 goals in 2 games during the playoffs. He was also at a disadvantage without Daniel Sedin our best player. I guess thats why he's still around. But anything less then a first round win, he should be gone. I like him as a coach but I think it might be time, if we don't at least win 1 round this summer.

Your poll is flawed. It assumes the only way AV isn't fired is if we win the Cup this season, which is a bit of an overreach unless you have some insider information the rest of us don't, especially given his record and the fact that his team is sitting 8th in the league right now.

If there was a Chicken Little Cup, Vancouver would have it locked up each and every season.

AV is on thin ice but if im Aqualini i'm also starting to pay attention to MG.

If Gillis only adds a Pahlsson and a Gragnani again then maybe its time to consider a new gm.

Neither AV or MG are looking too good right now.

They compiled and coach a soft team that doesn't play for 60 minutes.

Is it the coaching ? is it the GM ? is is the players ?

its all 3 if u ask me. coach is too comfortable, the core is too comfortable and our GM still doesnt seem to get the obvious needs of this team.

Archived